Flucard available in march?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
dwm2020
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Flucard available in march?
4 months ago

http://shop-uk.ricoh-imaging.eu/photo-accessories/misc/flucard-pentax-16gb-o-fc1.html/

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working?  anyone know why it would take that long to release? Coincide with ff?

 dwm2020's gear list:dwm2020's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +12 more
drummercam
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

The typhoon?

 drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,646Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

"The requested page does not exist (any more)."

dwm2020 wrote:

http://shop-uk.ricoh-imaging.eu/photo-accessories/misc/flucard-pentax-16gb-o-fc1.html/

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release? Coincide with ff?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,796
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

dwm2020 wrote:

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release?

As a new wireless product, it probably got held up in government certification.

Thank you
Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerardus
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to Russell Evans, 4 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

dwm2020 wrote:

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release?

As a new wireless product, it probably got held up in government certification.

Thank you
Russell

Doubt that very much since the RADIOPART is identical to the current flucard. I myself feel very misled by the launch messaging regarding tethering ... now proving to be not available for some time !

Sofar we cannot use the K3 in our studio at all where tethering is a MUST (i mean FULL tethering - not just FTF/eyefi ).

Hope our friend Tomasz Kos comes with a working PK-solution soon for K3 ...

-- hide signature --

645D, the BEST there is

 Gerardus's gear list:Gerardus's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Peter Budd
Contributing MemberPosts: 806Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

Looks like a price increase as well. I believe it was first said to be £99  , now £129

-- hide signature --

Peter
GMT

 Peter Budd's gear list:Peter Budd's gear list
Nikon D700 Pentax K-3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 2,998
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to Gerardus, 4 months ago

Gerardus wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

dwm2020 wrote:

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release?

As a new wireless product, it probably got held up in government certification.

Thank you
Russell

Doubt that very much since the RADIOPART is identical to the current flucard. I myself feel very misled by the launch messaging regarding tethering ... now proving to be not available for some time !

It is a disappointment, but I would rather wait until they have it right than get something that is buggy to use.

Sofar we cannot use the K3 in our studio at all where tethering is a MUST (i mean FULL tethering - not just FTF/eyefi ).

We tried tethering in our studio and found it to be more of a distraction than anything else except for product shooting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 3,415
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

dwm2020 wrote:

http://shop-uk.ricoh-imaging.eu/photo-accessories/misc/flucard-pentax-16gb-o-fc1.html/

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release? Coincide with ff?

Yep, that's it, it's coinciding with the big FF announcement. It wasn't a half-baked afterthought at all, yeah, they are just saving it for FF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Tom Lusk
Contributing MemberPosts: 936
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to Cane, 4 months ago

Careful now. Without a winky, some here are bound to think you're being serious! 

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
scanar
Regular MemberPosts: 112Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

£130 - REALLY?!>? This better be flippin good.

 scanar's gear list:scanar's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V Pentax K-5 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gerardus
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to Bill Robb, 4 months ago

Bill Robb wrote:

Gerardus wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

dwm2020 wrote:

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release?

As a new wireless product, it probably got held up in government certification.

Thank you
Russell

Doubt that very much since the RADIOPART is identical to the current flucard. I myself feel very misled by the launch messaging regarding tethering ... now proving to be not available for some time !

It is a disappointment, but I would rather wait until they have it right than get something that is buggy to use.

Sofar we cannot use the K3 in our studio at all where tethering is a MUST (i mean FULL tethering - not just FTF/eyefi ).

We tried tethering in our studio and found it to be more of a distraction than anything else except for product shooting.

And productshooting is EXACTLY what we do in life !! 

Would prefer a wired solution anyway, even the "limited" 645D version would have been acceptable and taken them about 6 hours in development since the microcode from K7 is still in K3 !

-- hide signature --

645D, the BEST there is

 Gerardus's gear list:Gerardus's gear list
Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Conjure
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to Peter Budd, 4 months ago

Peter Budd wrote:

Looks like a price increase as well. I believe it was first said to be £99 , now £129

-- hide signature --

Peter
GMT

in Austria and Germany it is still € 99:

http://shop-de.ricoh-imaging.eu/flucard-pentax-16gb-o-fc1.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DaytonR
Regular MemberPosts: 194
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

dwm2020 wrote:

http://shop-uk.ricoh-imaging.eu/photo-accessories/misc/flucard-pentax-16gb-o-fc1.html/

Must be having a lot of trouble getting it working? anyone know why it would take that long to release? Coincide with ff?

Talk about costing an arm and a leg !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 29,615
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to dwm2020, 4 months ago

Maybe it will show up with the mythical 1.4x TC shows up LOL

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
srock
Regular MemberPosts: 309Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to MightyMike, 4 months ago

Early users with the generic flucard reported that the card ran very very hot. Possibly a issue for the camera and needed to be dealt with

Steve

 srock's gear list:srock's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-3 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
drummercam
Regular MemberPosts: 444Gear list
Like?
Re: Flucard available in march?
In reply to srock, 4 months ago

Custom Setting > 28. > Onboard Fan > On.

 drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads