Glitch ? In My Copy of LR 5.2

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions
capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,707Gear list
Like?
Glitch ? In My Copy of LR 5.2
Dec 11, 2013

My "Done " button disappeared , the one down in the lower right hand corner like after you crop and hit Done ?  I can double click on the photo to save crop but other features like "CA" I have to open something else or another shot to close that , Did I lose it ? Close it ?  I do not have a hard disc to reload for I just bought an upgrade from 3 .

Any help please

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +27 more
VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,794Gear list
Like?
Re: Glitch ? In My Copy of LR 5.2
In reply to capt bob, Dec 11, 2013

capt bob wrote:

My "Done " button disappeared , the one down in the lower right hand corner like after you crop and hit Done ? I can double click on the photo to save crop but other features like "CA" I have to open something else or another shot to close that , Did I lose it ? Close it ? I do not have a hard disc to reload for I just bought an upgrade from 3 .

Any help please

Odd, the button should be there.  I've confirmed with my copy of LR 5.2 that it is there.  What's interesting is I don't think I have ever noticed the "Done" button there before, I always hit the "Close" button on the right when I am done cropping.

While it shouldn't make a difference, did you upgrade your existing photos to the 2012 process?

Secondly, you can download the latest copy from Adobe.  It's a full version of Lightroom and when installed it will detect you already have a licensed version and just install/update over that.  That is how you do updates to Lightroom anyways.  There is also currently a release candidate of 5.3 that is out there that may fix some of the bugs you are running into.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,574Gear list
Like?

Help is on the way.. contact adobe, go to contact us and go to chat... as long as you download is legitimate and you have the serial number or have registered your download they will post a downloadable copy you can reload. you just have to have a trail of your initial purchase.. you don't need much if you registered the product as recommended then they can find it in their database and authorize a link to another downloadable copy.

EvilOne
Forum ProPosts: 13,574Gear list
Like?
In reply to EvilOne, Dec 11, 2013
Ed at Ridersite
Forum ProPosts: 15,770
Like?

capt bob wrote:

My "Done " button disappeared , the one down in the lower right hand corner like after you crop and hit Done ? I can double click on the photo to save crop but other features like "CA"

I am away and don't have access to my LR 5.2.  However, I don't use a "done" button.  I just click on the crop rectangle in the sidebar to execute the crop - no double click required.  For CA, just check the box and adjust the sliders.  Nothing else required.

-- hide signature --

AEH
http://aehass.zenfolio.com/
http://aehass.zenfolio.com/blog
Question: What do you do all week?
Answer: Mon to Fri. Nothing, Sat & Sun I rest!

VirtualMirage
Senior MemberPosts: 2,794Gear list
Like?
In reply to EvilOne, Dec 11, 2013

EvilOne wrote:

Help is on the way.. contact adobe, go to contact us and go to chat... as long as you download is legitimate and you have the serial number or have registered your download they will post a downloadable copy you can reload. you just have to have a trail of your initial purchase.. you don't need much if you registered the product as recommended then they can find it in their database and authorize a link to another downloadable copy.

They don't even have to go that far to get a downloadable copy. They just need to go here:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_lightroom&promoid&promoid=DTEML

And re-download Lightroom. Despite it saying Trial, it is a full version.  So long as they still have their key for Lightroom 3 and Lightroom 5 (if doing an uninstall and re-install) they will be fine. If they just want to re-install/update over their existing copy, they don't even need to have the keys on hand since the installer will see that there is already a registered copy installed.

-- hide signature --

Paul

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +20 more
Rexel99
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?

This may be a toolbar you can hide. My cat has walked on my KB during LR sessions and managed some very special combinations for my views... Things like this have disappeared for me too but I can either re-activate them or work around them..

Rexel99's gear list:Rexel99's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +5 more
capt bob
Senior MemberPosts: 1,707Gear list
Like?
In reply to VirtualMirage, Dec 11, 2013

Thanks Guys , I do have a legit copy , I still have 3.? installed I prob should delete it for I use a Laptop and space is precious , I transfer often to a little TB portable but like the Couchability of the series 9 Ultrabook. Appreciate the Tips always a work around

capt bob's gear list:capt bob's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads