A few concert pics with LX5.... Elvis Costello

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
cwsiggy
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
A few concert pics with LX5.... Elvis Costello
11 months ago

I own a Nikon D7100 (the horror) but used a Panasonic LX5 for a concert (borrowed my buddy's cam as my LX3 was out of juice and I think the LX5 had more reach (a tad). Anyway, pics came out pretty good for low light....  (beaucoup Lightroom action on all... I like to shake and bake my photos till well done...

Still like my LX3 ...

cwsiggy's gear list:cwsiggy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: A few concert pics with LX5.... Elvis Costello
In reply to cwsiggy, 11 months ago

cwsiggy wrote:

I own a Nikon D7100 (the horror) but used a Panasonic LX5 for a concert (borrowed my buddy's cam as my LX3 was out of juice and I think the LX5 had more reach (a tad). Anyway, pics came out pretty good for low light.... (beaucoup Lightroom action on all... I like to shake and bake my photos till well done...

Still like my LX3 ...

Very nice images.  I'm a long time big fan, haven't seen him perform live for quite a while.  Where was the event and how was he?  One of the best songwriters ever.

Joel

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
cwsiggy
Regular MemberPosts: 166Gear list
Like?
In reply to joel artino, 11 months ago

joel artino wrote:

Very nice images. I'm a long time big fan, haven't seen him perform live for quite a while. Where was the event and how was he? One of the best songwriters ever.

Joel

This was at the Morristown NJ Performing Arts Center - smallish theater - 1100 or so (pretty much sold out 2 nights in a row) My understanding is he has quite the devoted following (kinda like Roger Hodgson of Supertramp)

Show was great - literally just Elvis and guitar only (but he often used loop effects for some of the electrics tunes and even sent the acoustic guitars through effects pedals to make them sound electric.

Pacing was a bit off as the show just kept on going towards the end on the piano. But to be fair, it was the last night of the whole tour, so I don't think he wanted to stop..

I did not know he was married to Diana Krall... lucky him.

setlist...

cwsiggy's gear list:cwsiggy's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to cwsiggy, 11 months ago

cwsiggy wrote:

joel artino wrote:

Very nice images. I'm a long time big fan, haven't seen him perform live for quite a while. Where was the event and how was he? One of the best songwriters ever.

Joel

This was at the Morristown NJ Performing Arts Center - smallish theater - 1100 or so (pretty much sold out 2 nights in a row) My understanding is he has quite the devoted following (kinda like Roger Hodgson of Supertramp)

Show was great - literally just Elvis and guitar only (but he often used loop effects for some of the electrics tunes and even sent the acoustic guitars through effects pedals to make them sound electric.

Pacing was a bit off as the show just kept on going towards the end on the piano. But to be fair, it was the last night of the whole tour, so I don't think he wanted to stop..

I did not know he was married to Diana Krall... lucky him.

setlist...

Wow, lots of great songs played.  He's actually done some collaboration with her over the past few years.  I prefer his solo stuff and his work with the Attractions.  Very talented man.

Thanks,

Joel

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads