Started 9 months ago | Discussions
polsrlemniscate
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
New Canon A1?
9 months ago
No text.
 polsrlemniscate's gear list:polsrlemniscate's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS M Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +9 more
polsrlemniscate
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: New Canon A1?
In reply to polsrlemniscate, 9 months ago

OK posting fail BUT does anyone hanker after a new 20-teens version of the Canon A1, with (maybe) the EOS-M lens mount to keep the lenses within size bounds (and of course we've got the adapter for EOS lenses). I can see this as a serious competitor to the Olympus EM-1 for very little development cost (i.e. it's basically an EOS-M with a few dials) and I, for one, would buy one like a shot. (currently thinking about whether to junk Canon for Olympus - don't want to but...)

polsrlemniscate's gear list:polsrlemniscate's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS M Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Beachcomber Joe
Regular MemberPosts: 425
Like?

No.  I have zero interest in a DSLR disguised to look like a 1978 SLR.  I sold my last A-1 on eBay about three years ago.  I much prefer the ergonomics of my 7D and 6D.

MoreorLess
Senior MemberPosts: 2,693
Like?
More like a rangefinder copy I'd say...

polsrlemniscate wrote:

OK posting fail BUT does anyone hanker after a new 20-teens version of the Canon A1, with (maybe) the EOS-M lens mount to keep the lenses within size bounds (and of course we've got the adapter for EOS lenses). I can see this as a serious competitor to the Olympus EM-1 for very little development cost (i.e. it's basically an EOS-M with a few dials) and I, for one, would buy one like a shot. (currently thinking about whether to junk Canon for Olympus - don't want to but...)

Canon going retro with the higher end version of the M with a viewfinder is certainly possible although I suspect if they did it would follow their P rangefinder designs rather than an SLR like the A-1.

I don't think you'll see Canon look to turn the M system into a professional one personally, Oly are going this direction because they've been forced into it after losing out on the DSLR market.

CFynn
Senior MemberPosts: 5,223Gear list
Like?

polsrlemniscate wrote:

Nikon Dƒ envy?

CFynn's gear list:CFynn's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads