EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions
puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,078Gear list
Like?
EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal
Dec 10, 2013

High praise to KEH for $429. It was labeled as exc + but it looks new, not a single mark. Not even a scratch on the lcd and no rubbed off paint on the hot shoe rails. The best part is the 3412 shutter count for a 9 year old camera, that was 100 less then my refurbished D800. Now to figure this beast out. I think I'm more excited about this purchase then my D800.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +20 more
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
hotdog321
Forum ProPosts: 10,769
Like?
Re: EOS 1D Mark II unbelievable deal
In reply to puttin, Dec 10, 2013

I shot with two of them as a photojournalist when they first came out. Good pro camera, though the resolution and low light performance are not up to today's standards. Still, they work great up to ISO 1600. Make sure you have the latest firmware, a fresh battery and enjoy!

If you haven't shot with a 1D series body before, you are in for a treat.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roonal_Z
Contributing MemberPosts: 523
Like?
In reply to puttin, Dec 11, 2013

Congrats on the new to you camera.

Some info links are in a reply I made to another new 1D MkII poster some months back

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50909892

The latest firmware is v1.2.6 which allows the use of higher capacity memory cards

-- hide signature --

Good Day,
Roonal

puttin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,078Gear list
Like?
In reply to hotdog321, Dec 11, 2013

hotdog321 wrote:

I shot with two of them as a photojournalist when they first came out. Good pro camera, though the resolution and low light performance are not up to today's standards. Still, they work great up to ISO 1600. Make sure you have the latest firmware, a fresh battery and enjoy!

If you haven't shot with a 1D series body before, you are in for a treat.

I had a EOS 1 35mm a few years ago and liked it so I thought I would try a 1D since I've never had a pro digital Canon before. Very glad I bought it. It has the latest firmware.

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads