Set up af-on button and shutter button on 6d

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
tomtek1221
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Set up af-on button and shutter button on 6d
7 months ago

What is one of the best ways to set up the AF button and shutter button on the 6D. I believe most use the AF button to meter and AF and the shutter button to only trip the shutter. If that is correct could you explain, in the menu, how to set up. Thank you

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,494
Like?
Re: Set up af-on button and shutter button on 6d
In reply to tomtek1221, 7 months ago

tomtek1221 wrote:

What is one of the best ways to set up the AF button and shutter button on the 6D. I believe most use the AF button to meter and AF and the shutter button to only trip the shutter. If that is correct could you explain, in the menu, how to set up. Thank you

Google "back button AF 6D".  You'll get lots of hits.  I doubt if "most" use it, but it is popular.  I made the switch a few years ago, and now it is deeply ingrained.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
VictorTrasvina
Forum MemberPosts: 64Gear list
Like?
 VictorTrasvina's gear list:VictorTrasvina's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III
stratobill
Contributing MemberPosts: 807
Like?

tomtek1221 wrote:

YOu have it right, except that I believe the shutter button still sets exposure when used.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads