Wide angle extension for 58mm Canon powershot G16

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
trimor
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Wide angle extension for 58mm Canon powershot G16
10 months ago

Hi.  Has anyone found any good quality .45X wide angle extension lens for a Canon G15 or G16?

Thanks.  Morris

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G16
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
_sem_
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235
Like?
Re: Wide angle extension for 58mm Canon powershot G16
In reply to trimor, 10 months ago

trimor wrote:

Hi. Has anyone found any good quality .45X wide angle extension lens for a Canon G15 or G16?

That's probably a contradiction in terms

I've played with a 52mm "Digital concepts" thingy that I once got for free with something, and the G15.

Already heavy enough to carry around, the Nikkor 10.5mm fish isn't much heavier.

It would not vignette if it were mounted directly on the lens. But I've got the Magfilter for the polariser, which is unfortunately thick enough to cause vignetting.

Optics nothing to be proud of either, I didn't expect much though. A lot of CA, most removable by software, some not, I believe because of uneven CA. Distortion limiting on fisheye; with the native distortion of the lens @wide-end being bad enough before auto-correction. Notice some programs don't let you turn off this correction, which isn't a good idea especially if you intend to correct again. Otherwise, correction using Hugin to the Panini projection might be a good idea sometimes because it stretches corners less and often makes a better perspective for people and round objects (straight-lines-straight may work better for architecture).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads