28 days later ... my A7 story Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Calexico78
Junior MemberPosts: 44
28 days later ... my A7 story
7 months ago

I own the A7 for 4 weeks now and I will have to return it. I don't understand how people here and in reviews can seriously state that the body has a high quality.

After only one month of using it the battery door makes a creeky noise once I take the camera in my hands. The plastic of the grip looses its texture and already looks like a 2 year old camera. But what's even worse, the 4 way controller doesn't make a click sound anymore when I push up. It still functions, but it seems like it has lost its pressure point. Also the plastic on the front side really looks cheap - the strange polished look. If you tap on the plastic it feels hollow and really cheap. The doors for the connectors look like they will brake of after some months of using it.

I also noticed that the C2 enlarge button is just in an awefull position for constant use of focus check. Also it does not zoom into the focus point that was used so I always have to manually look for it which is quite ridiculous.

AF operation is really sluggish, even with the assist light turned off. It's not possible to lower the noise of the focus lock beep sound. And honestly, the shutter sound is really way too loud for any kind of street photography. Sadly the A7 looks and feels really cheap compared to my friends Olympus OMD EM1. I personally am disgusted by the way MFT look since I am used to full frame for the past years.

But honestly, the A7 is a huge disappointment. Don#t get me wrong, you can take great photos with it - the sensor is wonderful.

But it really feels like a crappy camera built around an expensive sensor. Like a 400$ consumer point and shoot with a FF sensor. This is not a pro camera.

This is not what I expected!

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,798
Re: 28 days later ... my A7 story
In reply to Calexico78, 7 months ago
SimonOL
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
In reply to Clayton1985, 7 months ago

Clayton1985 wrote:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52682224

LOL - you beat me to it

Thought the username looked familiar.

Poorly executed trolling... congratulations for becoming the second person on my ignore list

Funny how these type of posts always get almost instantaneous 'likes'.

SimonOL's gear list:SimonOL's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,976Gear list
In reply to SimonOL, 7 months ago

SimonOL wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

LOL - you beat me to it

Thought the username looked familiar.

Poorly executed trolling...

funny how these type of posts always get almost instantaneous 'likes'.

Wow...just, wow.

matthewdurrphotography.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,261
this review is useless ...

... because the trivialities and personal biases in this review don't jibe with the emotionally charged choice of words in making conclusions. It looks like the reviewer tried to compensate for the lack of content by pounding the pulpit.

-- hide signature --

"Ninety percent of everything is crap" - Sturgeon's law

Allochka Emiliana
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107

Calexico78 wrote:

I own the A7 for 4 weeks now and I will have to return it. I don't understand how people here and in reviews can seriously state that the body has a high quality.

After only one month of using it the battery door makes a creeky noise once I take the camera in my hands. The plastic of the grip looses its texture and already looks like a 2 year old camera. But what's even worse, the 4 way controller doesn't make a click sound anymore when I push up. It still functions, but it seems like it has lost its pressure point. Also the plastic on the front side really looks cheap - the strange polished look. If you tap on the plastic it feels hollow and really cheap. The doors for the connectors look like they will brake of after some months of using it.

I also noticed that the C2 enlarge button is just in an awefull position for constant use of focus check. Also it does not zoom into the focus point that was used so I always have to manually look for it which is quite ridiculous.

AF operation is really sluggish, even with the assist light turned off. It's not possible to lower the noise of the focus lock beep sound. And honestly, the shutter sound is really way too loud for any kind of street photography. Sadly the A7 looks and feels really cheap compared to my friends Olympus OMD EM1. I personally am disgusted by the way MFT look since I am used to full frame for the past years.

But honestly, the A7 is a huge disappointment. Don#t get me wrong, you can take great photos with it - the sensor is wonderful.

But it really feels like a crappy camera built around an expensive sensor. Like a 400$ consumer point and shoot with a FF sensor. This is not a pro camera.

Reading your history, I could not believe a single thing you wrote unless you take photos of the problems.

In addition, there are a lot of micro thirds users spreading crap about A7/r on this Sony forum and I believe you are one of them.

Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 832Gear list
So the OP is a troll and a liar...

Clayton1985 wrote:

So, 23 hours ago he starts a thread saying he's thinking of buying A7, and the very next day starts this thread claiming he had now owned it for nearly a month and it's falling apart ?

Some m43 owners seem to get really desperate..

C'mon, it's a camera. Nothing more. No reason to stoop that low. Besides, anyone looking for his post history will see this pathetic lie. Time to look for another user name ?

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
TiagoReil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,488Gear list

Clayton1985 wrote:

Mi god, this is so pathetic. Well, this is a job for the Complain option, Flaming/trolling.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Amamba
Contributing MemberPosts: 832Gear list
In reply to Allochka Emiliana, 7 months ago

Allochka Emiliana wrote:

Calexico78 wrote:

Reading your history, I could not believe a single thing you wrote unless you take photos of the problems.

In addition, there are a lot of micro thirds users spreading crap about A7/r on this Sony forum and I believe you are one of them.

Not only the OP is a troll, he's also an idiot. See the link below that Clayton1985 posted:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Amamba's gear list:Amamba's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +10 more
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,798
Re: So the OP is a troll and a liar...
In reply to Amamba, 7 months ago

Amamba wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

So, 23 hours ago he starts a thread saying he's thinking of buying A7, and the very next day starts this thread claiming he had now owned it for nearly a month and it's falling apart ?

Some m43 owners seem to get really desperate..

C'mon, it's a camera. Nothing more. No reason to stoop that low. Besides, anyone looking for his post history will see this pathetic lie. Time to look for another user name ?

Actually I think he/she is an equal opportunity offender and has been trolling the m4/3 forum as well.

Calexico78
Junior MemberPosts: 44
In reply to Amamba, 7 months ago

What seems to be the problem? I ain't no troll, maybe a little confused.

But I am speaking the truth and doing god'd work like everybody else.

And here is the proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a4rozxiev8zpp5t/IMG_4350.jpg

tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,123Gear list
You are way more than confused /nt
-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software.
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads