SX-50 newbie...

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Photodug Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
SX-50 newbie...
3

...thought I would share a few of my first bird attempts. I have a lot to learn about how to achieve the best results from this amazing little camera.

I have had the camera for a couple of weeks now but haven't had many opportunities to try it out. The bluebird shots were taken this afternoon in my backyard.

Thanks for looking...

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 4,085
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Blue Bird looks great, welcome and I hope you will enjoy the Canon SX50 HS as much as I do.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
John

 j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 6,509
Re: SX-50 newbie...

I think that if THAT shots are just a start, you'll be soon a real master of SX50, because they are very good ! I mostly like the third one, but, repeat, all of them are excellent!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Hollander Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: SX-50 newbie...

That's a very good start Photodug. Well done

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

 Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Canon EOS Rebel T4i Olympus E-3 +3 more
Bassy Veteran Member • Posts: 6,820
Re: SX-50 newbie...

all the blue bird shots are very good,thanks for posting first time that i have seen that bird

 Bassy's gear list:Bassy's gear list
Sony Alpha a6300
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,073
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Diug,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the bird series.  I like NO.2 the best because there is no clutter around the bird and the background is so nice and softly OOF.

Murry

-- hide signature --
Britney Elvis Veteran Member • Posts: 5,038
Ok...one post in and you lose the Newbie title

You cant shoot this good and call yourself a newbie.

These are beautiful... I normally would choose #2 for the smother background...
But actually with the colors of bird, the complimentary colors of the backgrounds actually make the photos stronger for me.

3 is my fave... very tight on the bird, and spot on!

I really like the seed pods hanging in #4, just adds extra pop in my opinion...

What an beautiful job you have done with your first real outing with this camera.

If this was my first series, I would be dancing the dance of the 'Look at Me, Look at Me'

gus

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

Britney Elvis Veteran Member • Posts: 5,038
Just looked at my first post with this camera

What a great little P&S, a bundle of fun... I remember the sheer joy I had when I came home and downloaded the photos on the computer. Very different series from yours but a fun trip down memory lane none the less...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51462700
______________

thanks Photodug for reminding me..

Elliern Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Photodug wrote:

...thought I would share a few of my first bird attempts. I have a lot to learn about how to achieve the best results from this amazing little camera.

I have had the camera for a couple of weeks now but haven't had many opportunities to try it out. The bluebird shots were taken this afternoon in my backyard.

Thanks for looking...

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

I am really impressed!  And envious!  Very nice.  I wish mine, after 2 months of using, were nearly as good. It is a fun camera, tho.

Excellent shots!  Good for you.  Expect to see a lot more.

Ellie

 Elliern's gear list:Elliern's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P610 Nikon D5100 Sony a6000
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Thank you John! I think I will have a blast with this little gem!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Augustin Man wrote:

I think that if THAT shots are just a start, you'll be soon a real master of SX50, because they are very good ! I mostly like the third one, but, repeat, all of them are excellent!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing,

Augustin

Thank you very much Augustin! The shooting conditions were near perfect and the bluebirds gave me many opportunities to get the shots. The camera is amazing! All I did was point and shoot!

I appreciate your kind words!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Bassy wrote:

all the blue bird shots are very good,thanks for posting first time that i have seen that bird

Thank you very much Bassy!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Hollander wrote:

That's a very good start Photodug. Well done

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Thank you very much Hollander!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

MurryG wrote:

Diug,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the bird series. I like NO.2 the best because there is no clutter around the bird and the background is so nice and softly OOF.

Murry

-- hide signature --

Thank you very much Murry!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: Ok...one post in and you lose the Newbie title

Britney Elvis wrote:

You cant shoot this good and call yourself a newbie.

These are beautiful... I normally would choose #2 for the smother background...
But actually with the colors of bird, the complimentary colors of the backgrounds actually make the photos stronger for me.

3 is my fave... very tight on the bird, and spot on!

I really like the seed pods hanging in #4, just adds extra pop in my opinion...

What an beautiful job you have done with your first real outing with this camera.

If this was my first series, I would be dancing the dance of the 'Look at Me, Look at Me'

gus

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

You are too kind Gus! The shooting conditions were great and the bluebirds flew from tree to tree giving many opportunities to capture them. And the SX50 did all the work, I just pushed the shutter button. I can't wait to get out and learn more about this amazing camera. Maybe tomorrow...

Thank you again Gus!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: Just looked at my first post with this camera

Britney Elvis wrote:

What a great little P&S, a bundle of fun... I remember the sheer joy I had when I came home and downloaded the photos on the computer. Very different series from yours but a fun trip down memory lane none the less...

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/51462700
______________

thanks Photodug for reminding me..

Wow...I took a look at your first post and loved them all! I need to get out and get some street scenes and candids...excellent series!!

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Photodug OP Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Elliern wrote:

Photodug wrote:

...thought I would share a few of my first bird attempts. I have a lot to learn about how to achieve the best results from this amazing little camera.

I have had the camera for a couple of weeks now but haven't had many opportunities to try it out. The bluebird shots were taken this afternoon in my backyard.

Thanks for looking...

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

I am really impressed! And envious! Very nice. I wish mine, after 2 months of using, were nearly as good. It is a fun camera, tho.

Excellent shots! Good for you. Expect to see a lot more.

Ellie

Thank you very much Ellie! Hope to get out and play with it some more tomorrow, weather permitting.

Doug

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/photodug
www.carepages.com/briansbattle

 Photodug's gear list:Photodug's gear list
Canon PowerShot Pro1 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +4 more
Cybertony Contributing Member • Posts: 553
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Congratulations on these excellent images. Wonderful color & clarity with especially strong compositions.

Well done!

Tony

www.tonybritton.smugmug.com

 Cybertony's gear list:Cybertony's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot G11
Patricia S. Jones Senior Member • Posts: 1,017
The Bluebird of Happiness

(It's an old song)

These are absolutely beautiful!

-- hide signature --

Regards...
Patsy
Stored Memories: http://www.pbase.com/patsysj

evancj Veteran Member • Posts: 3,622
Re: SX-50 newbie...

Very nice! Looks like you are off to a good start, keep them coming.

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads