Won an X100s 'in excellent state' on auction in Japan, need an advice

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
1drey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,199Gear list
Like?
Won an X100s 'in excellent state' on auction in Japan, need an advice
8 months ago

A middle man can check basic camera operation before shipping it to me.

What can/should be inspected first? Obviously the person who will check camera is not professional and will have just 10-15 minutes for this.

Thank you in advance!

-- hide signature --
 1drey's gear list:1drey's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,882Gear list
Like?
Re: Won an X100s 'in excellent state' on auction in Japan, need an advice
In reply to 1drey, 8 months ago

Check consistant exposure.

Have shutter in A and have your middle man shoot pics from f2 to f16. If the exposure is consistant metering and aperture/lens should be ok.

There are no flaws with the X100s I am aware of.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
1drey
Like?
In reply to Limburger, 8 months ago

Thank you, Mike!

It was my impression as well that X100s is free from major flaws (like sticky blades of shutter in X100).

BTW, the price was good - $820 + 10% to the middle man. Just couldn't resist the temptation

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +2 more
Limburger
Like?

1drey wrote:

Thank you, Mike!

It was my impression as well that X100s is free from major flaws (like sticky blades of shutter in X100).

BTW, the price was good - $820 + 10% to the middle man. Just couldn't resist the temptation

-- hide signature --

If you got a minter that's a good price.

I got the X100 about two weeks ago and the design is so much fun to use

Most of the time I am not even aware I carry a camera with me.

The X100s is even better.

I started calling mine the FuNji.

Enjoy and I look forward to your pics.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Fujifilm FinePix X100
1drey
Like?

Limburger wrote:

1drey wrote:

Thank you, Mike!

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

That's exactly how I am going to use my X100s - carry it with myself always!

GAS is on march: I ordered WCL-X100 also in excellent shape, mere $200

And 5 third party spare batteries. Just in case.

Damn, a couple of weeks of waiting...

-- hide signature --
jm10
Senior MemberPosts: 1,072Gear list
Like?

1drey wrote:

Limburger wrote:

1drey wrote:

Thank you, Mike!

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Congratulations!!!

But it also means that we should be expecting considerably more pictures from you:)

jacob

-- hide signature --
 jm10's gear list:jm10's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
1drey
Like?
In reply to jm10, 8 months ago

Congratulations!!!

But it also means that we should be expecting considerably more pictures from you:)

jacob

Thank you, Jacob!

I promise to be merciful and won't flood this forum with my photographs

-- hide signature --
Limburger
Like?

1drey wrote:

Limburger wrote:

1drey wrote:

Thank you, Mike!

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

-- hide signature --

GAS is dangerous. I went to Germany (live close to the border) so I could check it out first. I got to play with a brand new one (time and language had to be set) and looked through the OVF then EVF

It's really small (compared to my 7D) realizing this has an aps-c sensor!

The guy in the store (assumably the owner) was very nice and helpfull. This was my first time there ever and he let me shoot outside testing the camera. This guy had some fun selling camera's instead of just moving boxes around IYKWIM.

The SN was alright, the camera was alright so I bought it. I asked for the hood and adapterring and another battery.

All of a sudden I heard the owner say: "See if I can do something with this bundle" and in the end he gave me €70 discount without asking.

Nice store (with Leica's in stock). In the event I need something I'll give it a look over there.

.....5 batteries take 17,5 hours to charge, maybe another charger would be handy too.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Fujifilm FinePix X100
1drey
Like?

GAS is dangerous. I went to Germany (live close to the border) so I could check it out first. I got to play with a brand new one (time and language had to be set) and looked through the OVF then EVF

The guy in the store (assumably the owner) was very nice and helpfull. This was my first time there ever and he let me shoot outside testing the camera. This guy had some fun selling camera's instead of just moving boxes around IYKWIM.

The SN was alright, the camera was alright so I bought it. I asked for the hood and adapterring and another battery.

All of a sudden I heard the owner say: "See if I can do something with this bundle" and in the end he gave me €70 discount without asking.

Nice store (with Leica's in stock). In the event I need something I'll give it a look over there.

.....5 batteries take 17,5 hours to charge, maybe another charger would be handy too.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Touching story! Just 70 euros brought a loyal customer! Wise! It will pay back many folds

In attempt to compensate a paroxysm of GAS I am selling my EOS M + 18-55 (but keep a brilliant 22mm - don't know what for, being frank) :-D.
BTW, my decision to get  an X100s matured after extensive play with M+22mm - I made some great shots with this combo and figured out that in many situations I can live with fixed 35 equivalent.

Just ordered a spare charger - thank you for the reasonable suggestion!

-- hide signature --
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,354Gear list
Like?

Congratulations. I guess the 23mm prime is not a consideration at this point or is it 

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Limburger
Like?

1drey wrote:

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Touching story! Just 70 euros brought a loyal customer! Wise! It will pay back many folds

In attempt to compensate a paroxysm of GAS I am selling my EOS M + 18-55 (but keep a brilliant 22mm - don't know what for, being frank) :-D.
BTW, my decision to get an X100s matured after extensive play with M+22mm - I made some great shots with this combo and figured out that in many situations I can live with fixed 35 equivalent.

Just ordered a spare charger - thank you for the reasonable suggestion!

-- hide signature --

The EOS M is nice though I have only checked it with kitlens. 35eq is a very flexible fl.

Thought that a second charger would make sense, especially if you shoot a lot in the cold.

Earlier you said it's taking weeks to get the Fuji? Some custums import check ups?

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Fujifilm FinePix X100
1drey
Like?
In reply to Al Valentino, 8 months ago

Al Valentino wrote:

Congratulations. I guess the 23mm prime is not a consideration at this point or is it

-- hide signature --

Fuji XE1 w/14, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Yes, 23/1.4 is postponed. 
If you remember recent discussion here about X100(s)/23mm dilemma, it was resulted in (almost) unanimous  conclusion that X100 is better option because it is a) backup and b) more compact than XE1/2+23 and c)has insanely high sync shutter what can be creatively utilized.

-- hide signature --
1drey
Like?

The EOS M is nice though I have only checked it with kitlens. 35eq is a very flexible fl.

Thought that a second charger would make sense, especially if you shoot a lot in the cold.

Earlier you said it's taking weeks to get the Fuji? Some custums import check ups?

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Yep! Customs and relatively long time to deliver the package from Japan to Moscow. Also 4-5 days to collect packages from original sellers (by the middle man) and put all staff in one package.

Second charger is extremely affordable - that's the main reason why I ordered it. 5 spare batteries and 1 original means over 2000 images, it is too much especially for shooting in the cold. I'll run out of juice before my hardware

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads