Popular Photography K-3 review is out.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
LDBOK
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?
Popular Photography K-3 review is out.
7 months ago

Sorry if this has already been posted, but  the latest issue of "Popular Photography" (January) just came out and it includes their review of the K-3.  It is a positive review IMO.

LDBOK's gear list:LDBOK's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +11 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Bob Corson
Senior MemberPosts: 2,216Gear list
Like?
Re: Popular Photography K-3 review is out.
In reply to LDBOK, 7 months ago

LDBOK wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the latest issue of "Popular Photography" (January) just came out and it includes their review of the K-3. It is a positive review IMO.

Is it available on line?

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Paul_R_H
Contributing MemberPosts: 749
Like?

LDBOK wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted, but the latest issue of "Popular Photography" (January) just came out and it includes their review of the K-3. It is a positive review IMO.

Thanks. So's the one at Amateur Photographer in the UK

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/dslrs/129446/1/pentax-k-3-review

Beware their messy layout which is near-unreadable in Safari

Paul

P645
Regular MemberPosts: 264
Like?

A positive review, but a rather blatant effort to not step on Canikon's toes, IMHO.

LDBOK
Like?
In reply to Bob Corson, 7 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

LDBOK wrote:

Is it available on line?

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

Don't think so unless you subscribe to the digital edition. I subscribe to the hard copy.

Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +11 more
LDBOK
Like?
In reply to P645, 7 months ago

P645 wrote:

A positive review, but a rather blatant effort to not step on Canikon's toes, IMHO.

I believe you are right about that.

solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,765Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bob Corson, 7 months ago

Bob Corson wrote:

LDBOK wrote:

Is it available on line?

It will, probably when the next new paper issue is printed.

-- hide signature --

Bob Corson

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

solarider
Like?
In reply to Paul_R_H, 7 months ago

Paul_R_H wrote:

LDBOK wrote:

Same with Chrome. I rarely use IE, though for this article its readable using it.

Paul

-- hide signature --

We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein

solarider
Like?
AP verdict: Pentax is doomed ;-P
In reply to Paul_R_H, 7 months ago

Based on image quality alone, the Pentax K-3 is one of the best enthusiast DSLRs we have tested. Images are full of detail and there are more than enough colour settings to satisfy most photographers. The metering is a little on the dark side, although this does have the benefit of preserving highlights, and the AF could be faster. However, the camera handles well, once you have set it up according to how you wish to use it, and the weather-sealed body means you needn't fear the British winter weather. It is a little heavy though, particularly in a world where we are getting used to small and light compact system cameras.

Once again, Pentax has come up with a camera that photographers should really enjoy using. It is a pleasant experience, and there is something about the K-3 that feels more tactile than many other cameras.

Enthusiasts looking to break away from Nikon or Canon could do far worse than the K-3, although expect to have to put in a little more legwork to get the results you want.

Paul_R_H wrote:

LDBOK wrote:

Paul

-- hide signature --

cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,305Gear list
Like?

LDBOK wrote:

P645 wrote:

I believe you are right about that.

It's not the first or last time they'll do it either. Can't say I much respect their reviews as I used too a while ago. I ended my PP subscription and have completely forgot about them since. That says something I think.

I really don't like sounding like a negative nanny either, but based on their subs declining so much over the last few years I doubt I'm the only one.

Carl

-- hide signature --

http://www.photographic-central.blogspot.com (Gear reviews)
http://www.carlgarrard.blogspot.com/ (Best work compilation)
Also formerly AlphaMountWorld.com (Now off the web)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads