G16 Manual

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Rick Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
G16 Manual
10 months ago

My new G16 arrived yesterday .... playtime 

A quick Q for any existing owners .... it arrived with no manual ? .... not even a CD.

OK ... I have downloaded the manual, is there no printed manual available, previous Canon cameras have had a printed manual ... in something like 3"x 5" format.

Useful for when travelling with camera.

Canon PowerShot G16
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
John Szeto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,678
Like?
Re: G16 Manual
In reply to Rick Hughes, 10 months ago

With most canon cameras nowdays, you have to print your own at Kinko's or Office Depot.
You got gipped and should have had a CD at least.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
FrankieJ
Senior MemberPosts: 1,336Gear list
Like?
In reply to Rick Hughes, 10 months ago

The G-series is a pretty basic camera with conventional controls.
Put the camera through it's paces at home with the manual handy for reference and it's unlikely that you'll need to reference it that often in the future.

gulati
Contributing MemberPosts: 553Gear list
Like?
In reply to FrankieJ, 10 months ago

I printed the manual (all 214 pages!) with 2 pages per page and double-side printing, but ultimately found it easier to read the pdf on-screen. I agree with the previous comment, that the G series is fairly intuitive to operate (as are most Canons). But it is helpful to have the manual for the few new gems you might find. I do miss the tidy little booklet!

gulati's gear list:gulati's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD700 IS Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot G16 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
Joe5
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
In reply to gulati, 10 months ago

I have a Getting Started Guide in mine. It is approximately 30 pages and on the front it has a reference to download the manual from the Canon Website. No CD.

Rick Hughes
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
In reply to Joe5, 10 months ago

Joe5 wrote:

I have a Getting Started Guide in mine. It is approximately 30 pages and on the front it has a reference to download the manual from the Canon Website. No CD.

Didn't get that ... working my way through manual now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads