I`m not a Nikon user but!!!
10 months ago

Those Df sample images on here sure look decent to me on my netbook

Dave

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope
http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,503Gear list
Like?
Re: I`m not a Nikon user but!!!
In reply to Dave Chilvers, 10 months ago

So they should at that price!

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,299Gear list
Like?

I'm impressed with the samples at ISO 9000

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E2 +5 more
Birddogman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?

X2.  I'm still struggling with Df temptation, even though I've used Canon for years and would have to buy all new Nikon glass.  The analog controls that I so love in the Fuji, plus a full frame D4 sensor vs. major expense.  Oh well, there's no reason I can't cogitate on the matter for day, weeks or years - that doesn't cost anything.

Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +1 more
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
In reply to 57LowRider, 10 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

So they should at that price!

Well, as we know cost is no guarantee of IQ, I paid more than that for my 5d3 body only:-(

It almost makes me feel like charging the batteries of my 1ds although I don`t think I could stand the waiting time between raw shots:-)

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
In reply to Birddogman, 10 months ago

Birddogman wrote:

X2. I'm still struggling with Df temptation, even though I've used Canon for years and would have to buy all new Nikon glass. The analog controls that I so love in the Fuji, plus a full frame D4 sensor vs. major expense. Oh well, there's no reason I can't cogitate on the matter for day, weeks or years - that doesn't cost anything.

What I do at times like this is to have a lie down in a dark room till the feeling goes away:-) but like you it would take me back to my early days using the FM/2, FE etc They were good days, rushing home to develop the days rolls of film and spending hrs in the darkroom. Like my 1ds, there is something about a FF camera with relatively low pixel count. If I ever won the lottery I would buy a camera shop and never open the doors to the public:-)

-- hide signature --

Biggs23
Biggs23 MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,583Gear list
Like?

Dave Chilvers wrote:

Those Df sample images on here sure look decent to me on my netbook

Dave

-- hide signature --

Not to make it worse but after using it for a week or so now I can attest that it really is as good as the samples suggest. At high ISO it has almost no equal. Dxomark scores agree.

-- hide signature --

Any opinions I express are my own and do not represent DPReview. Have a good one and God bless!

Biggs23's gear list:Biggs23's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Kent J
Senior MemberPosts: 2,378Gear list
Like?
In reply to Biggs23, 10 months ago

+1. I have had my Df for two weeks. Try manual shutter/aperture with auto ISO. All the controls fall right into place. Dial for max ISO, dial for shutter, aperture ring for aperture, dial for exposure comp. Menus are for suckers.
--
-Kent

Life is too short for slow glass.
www.kentjoostenphotography.smugmug.com

Kent J's gear list:Kent J's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +15 more
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,265Gear list
Like?
That does sound good
In reply to Kent J, 10 months ago

Kent J wrote:

+1. I have had my Df for two weeks. Try manual shutter/aperture with auto ISO. All the controls fall right into place. Dial for max ISO, dial for shutter, aperture ring for aperture, dial for exposure comp. Menus are for suckers.

Sounds just right. But the tariff is high. If only I had been a better exploiter of the proletariat.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +9 more
EthanP99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,142Gear list
Like?

Yeah, until you actually handle the camera and find the grip on the body is way too small to be useful and unconfortable for such a large camera.

At least thats what I thought of it.

Might buy my wife one, she likes the look of it.

EthanP99's gear list:EthanP99's gear list
Sony RX1R Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony SLT-A99 +12 more
Kent J
Senior MemberPosts: 2,378Gear list
Like?
Re: That does sound good
In reply to Leonard Migliore, 10 months ago

Leonard Migliore wrote:

Kent J wrote:

Sounds just right. But the tariff is high. If only I had been a better exploiter of the proletariat.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

My company gave end-of-year bonuses in the form of fairly sizable Amazon gift cards, which I took as a sign.

-- hide signature --

-Kent
Life is too short for slow glass.
www.kentjoostenphotography.smugmug.com

Kent J's gear list:Kent J's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +15 more
RhysM
Senior MemberPosts: 1,706
Like?

The problem for me (and i suspect others) is I want a "normal range" zoom lens be it a 24-70 on a FF or an 18-55 on an APS-C camera. Now this is where he Df loses all appeal to me, because adding a 24-70 2.8G makes the overall package massive, especially against my current X-E1 & 18-55 2.8-4.

I gave up my D700 along with 24-70 as my walkaround camera because it was just too big and the significantly smaller size of the Fuji is much more appealing than the extra low light ability of the Df.

If Nikon could make a 24-70 f/2.8-4 at around half the size and weight of the 24-70 2.8, then the Df would become an attractive proposition.

Greg A A
Contributing MemberPosts: 857
Like?
In reply to RhysM, 10 months ago

If you can find one, a good lighter weight alternative to the 24-70 (31oz) is the 35-70 f2.8 (23oz). The 35-70 was Nikon's flagship midrange zoom in the 90s. I kept it and still use it. It fits with the retro look of the DF.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads