I'm watching the Mandela Memorial Now

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 32,892Gear list
Like?
I'm watching the Mandela Memorial Now
11 months ago

Very interesting. The largest assemblage of World Leaders in the history of the world.

Quite a tribute to a man who some say is a terrorist.

Obama will speak later.

Camediadude
Regular MemberPosts: 330
Like?
Re: I'm watching the Mandela Memorial Now
In reply to mamallama, 11 months ago

mamallama wrote:

Very interesting. The largest assemblage of World Leaders in the history of the world.

Obama will speak later.

Got evidence proving that this is "THE largest" such assemblage? I'm actually curious, not purposely trying to be a D here and bust your balls, but you did make a point to emphasize this supposed 'fact' in bold hyperbole.

Cause all I can find so far are casual media mentions pointing out that this is ONE OF the largest such gatherings in recent times, which is obvious.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RobertSigmund
Forum ProPosts: 10,457Gear list
Like?

mamallama wrote:

Obama will speak later.

Maybe "was" a terrorist. His real greatness lies in the transformation of South Africa into "the rainbow nation". Just consider the dreadful alternatives: an internationally isolated Apartheid Regime, a Civil War, or a Mugabe-style government.

He was able to overcome his negative sentiments, and even those of others.

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37
Don_D
Forum ProPosts: 12,595Gear list
Like?
In reply to RobertSigmund, 11 months ago

RobertSigmund wrote:

mamallama wrote:

Obama will speak later.

Maybe "was" a terrorist. His real greatness lies in the transformation of South Africa into "the rainbow nation". Just consider the dreadful alternatives: an internationally isolated Apartheid Regime, a Civil War, or a Mugabe-style government.

He was able to overcome his negative sentiments, and even those of others.

There's a lesson for us all....present company included... 

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

Don_D's gear list:Don_D's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
Camediadude
Like?
In reply to RobertSigmund, 11 months ago

You know how many liberals felt sort of sick to the stomach upon witnessing the way Reagan was paraded around and praised with much treacle and retrospective congratulatory pomp after he died?

Well, I think I might now know that feel. Global leftist media outlets look as though they can't possibly have their noses stuffed any further up Mandela's stiff embalmed behind.

JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,928Gear list
Like?

mamallama wrote:

Give us a break, we covered that a few days ago on this forum.

But yes, I have watched a a few minutes and it is a funeral that only Africans can celebrate like that. Amazing.

Obama will speak later.

rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?

I'm watching a Total Gym Infomercial on NGW, much more interesting.

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?

mamallama wrote:

Obama will speak later.

This is an opportunity to kill a really large number of presidents and prime ministers in one go.
Inasmuch as Israel is not represented, will they nuke the stadium and declare Israel now runs the planet ?

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

JulesJ
Like?
In reply to Camediadude, 11 months ago

Camediadude wrote:

You know how many liberals felt sort of sick to the stomach upon witnessing the way Reagan was paraded around and praised with much treacle and retrospective congratulatory pomp after he died?

Well, I think I might now know that feel. Global leftist media outlets look as though they can't possibly have their noses stuffed any further up Mandela's stiff embalmed behind.

Ok we get your caustic and cynical message. Now move on and let those that respect this man, which is the majority, enjoy it.

Don_D
Like?
Dude.....

Camediadude wrote:

At this time of mourning and coming together of many people from all parts of the world to pay tribute to an extraordinary man, don't you feel like you're a bit of a sht for trying to turn this into a "political us versus them"?

Can you not just sit back and show some class or grace?

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

Sony RX100 Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +3 more
LeRentier
Like?

Camediadude wrote:

In my book Gandhi and Mandela were the two greatest men of their century.

-- hide signature --

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

Camediadude
Like?
Re: Dude.....
In reply to Don_D, 11 months ago

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

At this time of mourning and coming together of many people from all parts of the world to pay tribute to an extraordinary man, don't you feel like you're a bit of a sht for trying to turn this into a "political us versus them"?

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

If you don't similarly condemn Frenchy's disgraceful and downright dumb comment above about the stadium getting nuked in order so ze evil jooz can rule the world, with which my comments seem absolutely brimming with class and grace in comparison, then you yourself are not only a bit of a sht, but also a double-standard-bearing hypocrite one, which is even worse.

Don_D
Like?

Camediadude wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

If you don't similarly condemn Frenchy's disgraceful and downright dumb comment above about the stadium getting nuked in order so ze evil jooz can rule the earth, which my comments seem absolutely brimming with class and grace in comparison to, then you yourself are not only a bit of a sht, but also a double-standard-bearing hypocrite, which is even worse.

The outrageous comment about the stadium being nuked was said in jest, a nuance apparently lost on you.

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

JulesJ
Like?

John Simpson, veteran Senior Foreign BBC Correspondence who has met and heard just about every world leader (including Idi Amin!) speak, said that this was the best speech he had heard Obama make.

JulesJ
Like?
A Giant of History.

I have been in America for the Olympics many years ago and experienced completely biased reporting in that only American competitors were really mentioned. As a Brit I hardly heard them mentioned even when they won important contests. I guess the coverage of this funeral will be similar and only Obama's visit focussed on. Am I right?

JulesJ
Like?
In reply to LeRentier, 11 months ago

LeRentier wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

In my book Gandhi and Mandela were the two greatest men of their century.

I agree.

-- hide signature --

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

JulesJ
Like?
In reply to rb59020, 11 months ago

rb59020 wrote:

I'm watching a Total Gym Infomercial on NGW, much more interesting.

That's because you are a tosser. You now won't have this experience to share with your kids, if you are ever lucky enough to have any.

Camediadude
Like?
In reply to Don_D, 11 months ago

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

If you don't similarly condemn Frenchy's disgraceful and downright dumb comment above about the stadium getting nuked in order so ze evil jooz can rule the earth, which my comments seem absolutely brimming with class and grace in comparison to, then you yourself are not only a bit of a sht, but also a double-standard-bearing hypocrite, which is even worse.

The outrageous comment about the stadium being nuked was said in jest, a nuance apparently lost on you.

No, that was not lost on me, I just found it to be neither funny nor tasteful, you smug arrogant hypocrite.

rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
In reply to JulesJ, 11 months ago

Whoops!, I missed it, I was taking a dump. If you have Amazon Prime like I do, you can get 3 rolls for $25.99!

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
LeRentier
Like?

Camediadude wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

Don_D wrote:

Camediadude wrote:

-- hide signature --

www.pbase.com/dond
Don

No, that was not lost on me, I just found it to be neither funny nor tasteful, you smug arrogant hypocrite.

You probably need a very good interpreter to get the point but, whenever I hear about large numbers of world leaders gathering, I think of this song :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eryzp0Pklc8&hd=1

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads