Does the Fuji X100/S hood work on the RX1?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
drpants
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Does the Fuji X100/S hood work on the RX1?
8 months ago

Not sure if this belongs in the sony or fuji forums, but does the X100 hood work on the RX1?

Would quite like a bayonet mount hood for the RX1 but can't bear to part with $60 minimum for it.

Got a screw on 49mm one from ebay but it's not the prettiest and adds a bit of bulk. Plus it's a bit of a hassle removing/putting on filters.

I don't particularly need the hood to be honest, it's more to protect the lens as the MF ring scuffs and turns silver very quickly.

Does anyone have both and can see if it fits? I know it's 49mm thread on both it's not too unlikely and the black version on ebay is under $10

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bhollis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,535Gear list
Like?
Re: Does the Fuji X100/S hood work on the RX1?
In reply to drpants, 8 months ago

drpants wrote:

Not sure if this belongs in the sony or fuji forums, but does the X100 hood work on the RX1?

Would quite like a bayonet mount hood for the RX1 but can't bear to part with $60 minimum for it.

Got a screw on 49mm one from ebay but it's not the prettiest and adds a bit of bulk. Plus it's a bit of a hassle removing/putting on filters.

I don't particularly need the hood to be honest, it's more to protect the lens as the MF ring scuffs and turns silver very quickly.

Does anyone have both and can see if it fits? I know it's 49mm thread on both it's not too unlikely and the black version on ebay is under $10

Although I haven't personally tried it, I very much doubt that the Fuji hood will fit the RX1.

I went with the JJC hood; around $54 on Amazon.  Looks and works great, and although $54 is a lot for a hood, it's a whole lot less than the $178 Sony is charging for essentially the same hood.

bhollis's gear list:bhollis's gear list
Sony RX1R Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
drpants
Like?
In reply to bhollis, 8 months ago

Sure the jjc one is better but still very expensive!
Would be great if the fuji works

djanrd
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?

I have both cameras and the Fuji X100 hood does not fit the RX1.

John

djanrd's gear list:djanrd's gear list
Sony RX1 Fujifilm X100S +6 more
MrGubrz
Contributing MemberPosts: 702Gear list
Like?

HOOCAP! my fav lens cap/hood ever... someone, somewhere mentioned it,and i ordered it on a whim... its so convenient!

MrGubrz's gear list:MrGubrz's gear list
Sony RX1 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Sony Alpha 7S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake +9 more
NickRX100
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
In reply to MrGubrz, 8 months ago

Another vote for the hoocap, love it! No more screwing around with lens caps, always protected and quick to use with proper shading.

NickRX100's gear list:NickRX100's gear list
Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?
Re: Question about the Hoocap
In reply to MrGubrz, 8 months ago

I am forever scared that I will lose the beautiful but ultra pricey RX1 cap. The Hoocap looks great and I could sacrifice the svelte looks of the Sony cap for the convenience. But. Can filter s and filter adapters be used with the hoocap in place? I have some 49mm filters and some 62mm that i use a 49.. to 62 adapter. I suspect that this combo coudnt be used with the Hoocap.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

drpants
Like?
In reply to Mike Fewster, 8 months ago

Mike Fewster wrote:

I am forever scared that I will lose the beautiful but ultra pricey RX1 cap. The Hoocap looks great and I could sacrifice the svelte looks of the Sony cap for the convenience. But. Can filter s and filter adapters be used with the hoocap in place? I have some 49mm filters and some 62mm that i use a 49.. to 62 adapter. I suspect that this combo coudnt be used with the Hoocap.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Would love to know if it works with a 49mm filter on! It is bayonet mount right?

Can anyone post a picture? It looks a bit grey/plasticky in a the one photo I can find online and I'm worried it won't match the fantastic build quality of the RX1

Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?

drpants wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Would love to know if it works with a 49mm filter on! It is bayonet mount right?

Can anyone post a picture? It looks a bit grey/plasticky in a the one photo I can find online and I'm worried it won't match the fantastic build quality of the RX1

I don't know. I don't think the Hoocap looks good on the rX1 but I am more interested in how it works. If no-one answers this shortly I'll start a new thread with the question in the title. People who might know the answer may not be reading this thread.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads