My lovely daughter

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
foocando
Regular MemberPosts: 188Gear list
Like?
My lovely daughter
7 months ago

This picture was taken with my Lumix GM1 with Leica DG Summilux 25mm 1.4 lens. Just love this camera more and more everyday...

Comments and critics are welcome.

foocando's gear list:foocando's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Leica D-Lux 6 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX100 II +28 more
ulfie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,153
Like?
Re: My lovely daughter
In reply to foocando, 7 months ago

A very sweet portrait regardless of the gear.  Gentle smile and bright eyes.  You're a lucky parent!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jim Salvas
Senior MemberPosts: 2,521Gear list
Like?

It's perfect as a photo you'll treasure someday.

I just went through a big batch of photos of my own daughter at that age, taken about 40 years ago. I can't remember what I used to shoot them and it doesn't matter. They bring tears to my old eyes.

Beautiful, by the way.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +8 more
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,194Gear list
Like?

C'mon.

It's not the gear, but the person pressing the shutter that makes a captivating image.

It's a very nice pic of your daughter. She'll love it when she's 21.

Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

P.s. I noticed the Pan GM1is not on your gear list.   Why did you not use your new OMD EM1?

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
foocando
Like?
In reply to Len_Gee, 7 months ago

Len_Gee wrote:

C'mon.

It's not the gear, but the person pressing the shutter that makes a captivating image.

It's a very nice pic of your daughter. She'll love it when she's 21.

Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

P.s. I noticed the Pan GM1is not on your gear list. Why did you not use your new OMD EM1?

Thank you for your inputs.  I do have OMD EM1 as well Will rotate my gears every week!

Olympus XZ-2 iHS Leica D-Lux 6 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX100 II +28 more
Dianne W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,206Gear list
Like?

foocando wrote:

This picture was taken with my Lumix GM1 with Leica DG Summilux 25mm 1.4 lens. Just love this camera more and more everyday...

She is so precious! A photo to treasure!

-- hide signature --

Dianne

Dianne W's gear list:Dianne W's gear list
Nikon D800 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +3 more
Deleted010614
Regular MemberPosts: 248
Like?
In reply to Dianne W, 7 months ago

Nice portrait of lovely little girl. If I were to offer anything I would say try to draw her attention to you so we see her eyes more. I have a rocket blower that works great for getting kids to smile big and look at the camera more. Works exceptionally well for pets also and I hear they aren't bad for blowing dust off sensors as well

-- hide signature --

GIGO

Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?

foocando wrote:

A very nice portrait of your lovely daughter. It seems like the focus point was on her right shoulder and collar. I think if you had focused more on her eyes, it would have come out even better, IMHO.

-- hide signature --

Growing old is inevitable, Growing up is optional!

G1Houston
Senior MemberPosts: 2,115Gear list
Like?

foocando wrote:

I would have moved the camera further to the right so she will be off center on the left (the 1/3 rule) and her eyes will then look out to the right.

G1Houston's gear list:G1Houston's gear list
Nikon D90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Nikon D7100
mcshan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,300
Like?

I like it as is. There will be plenty of time to take classic straight on shots. I have seen shots of kids where almost all are technically perfect but 40 years from now this one just may mean more to you.

smithling
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?

Since you asked for criticism...

I don't like the expression. She seems to be staring off into space. She's a beauty, so I'd also like to see more of her eyes and face. Let's see a twinkle in her eye.

The light seems a bit flat too. Face her slightly towards a big window. Light is the most important element to a good portrait IMO. Beautiful kid though.

Lab D
Senior MemberPosts: 2,957Gear list
Like?
Superb...and a thought

foocando wrote:

Beautiful picture and beatuiful daughter.

I wonder if croppping a little dfferent would make it look even better.  I was thinking of the rule of thirds and cropping a little of the left side moving her face some that direction.  Then you would have her pretty face looking towards the open space in the picture.

No matter, it is still a gtreat pic.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
foocando
Like?
Re: Superb...and a thought
In reply to Lab D, 7 months ago

Lab D wrote:

foocando wrote:

Beautiful picture and beatuiful daughter.

I wonder if croppping a little dfferent would make it look even better. I was thinking of the rule of thirds and cropping a little of the left side moving her face some that direction. Then you would have her pretty face looking towards the open space in the picture.

No matter, it is still a gtreat pic.

Thank you for your input and complement.  I shot this picture with my wife pushing the stroller with my daughter in it in a shopping mall.  I was walking along and took this shot while my daughter was curious looking around.

offtheback
Regular MemberPosts: 385Gear list
Like?

No matter the technique or equipment,she would have come out beautiful with an Ansco box camera!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads