10 months ago

That is my question...

D800, 70-200 2.8 VRII, 1/100, f11, ISO 80, 200mm

D800, 70-200 2.8 VRII, 1/50, f16, ISO 50, 150mm

All post processing done in lightroom and Silver Efex Pro2

Cheers

P.S. the mustache is no more...

greatscott94's gear list:greatscott94's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Ronan_M
Contributing MemberPosts: 904
Like?
Re: To selfie or not to selfie...
In reply to greatscott94, 10 months ago

like the first one a lot.

Whats the definition of a selfie ? I though there had to be some hand-helding involved (not just tripod and remote...otherwise its just a self-portrait).

Here's one of my selfies

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stephen Knox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,335
Like?
In reply to Ronan_M, 10 months ago

Ronan_M wrote:

Whats the definition of a selfie ? I though there had to be some hand-helding involved (not just tripod and remote...otherwise its just a self-portrait).

Here's one of my selfies

I don't think a selfie has to be hand held. A selfie is just a self portrait, pure and simple, so there have always been selfies, even back in the days of Van Gogh, but they weren't actually called selfies until recently. If Van Gogh were around today, you might even hear him say, "Do you like my new selfie?"

Here's on of my selfie's (below). It's a 20 second exposure where I stood in front of the camera for only 10 out of those 20 seconds. I fancied trying something a bit different.

Of course I used a tripod and remote release, but that doesn't mean that it's not as selfie...

greatscott94
Regular MemberPosts: 239Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ronan_M, 10 months ago

Ronan_M wrote:

Here's one of my selfies

I'd have to agree with Knox in regards to his interpretation of a selfie... but either way your's is fantastic. Thanks for sharing bud.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
greatscott94
Like?
In reply to Stephen Knox, 10 months ago

Stephen Knox wrote:

Ronan_M wrote:

Here's one of my selfies

I don't think a selfie has to be hand held. A selfie is just a self portrait, pure and simple, so there have always been selfies, even back in the days of Van Gogh, but they weren't actually called selfies until recently. If Van Gogh were around today, you might even hear him say, "Do you like my new selfie?"

Here's on of my selfie's (below). It's a 20 second exposure where I stood in front of the camera for only 10 out of those 20 seconds. I fancied trying something a bit different.

Of course I used a tripod and remote release, but that doesn't mean that it's not as selfie...

Very interesting selfie Knox, I thought it was a reflection but love the long exposure concept.

Cheers

Stephen Knox
Senior MemberPosts: 1,335
Like?
In reply to greatscott94, 10 months ago

greatscott94 wrote:

Stephen Knox wrote:

Ronan_M wrote:

Here's one of my selfies

Very interesting selfie Knox, I thought it was a reflection but love the long exposure concept.

Cheers

Thanks Scott. That technique is good for shooting "ghost" pictures as well.

Find a darkish, spooky old building or place, maybe a church or graveyard, get someone in period dress to stand in the shot for just a portion of the long exposure and it will look pretty cool.

greatscott94
Like?
In reply to Stephen Knox, 10 months ago
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads