RX-10 at Christmas Program

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
BostonCharlie
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
RX-10 at Christmas Program
8 months ago

Here are a few pics with the RX-10 taken in auditorium about 50ft away from stage. These are straight from the camera. Also took some videos but I couldn't figure out how to post any of them. I'll post videos on my Smugmug site and attach a link later.

I'm very impressed with what this camera can do. The videos were pretty good but when I panned they appear to be a little choppy.

Thanks for looking,

B.C.

BostonCharlie's gear list:BostonCharlie's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 70D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +3 more
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,816Gear list
Like?
Thanks for the thread.
In reply to BostonCharlie, 8 months ago

I bought an RX10 2 days ago and am just getting used to it. Bought it for video, as you can read from my many posts. So far, so good, except for a little problem with the AVCHD implementation described in a thread on the Digital Video forum. I'm still trying to work out the settings as I didn't get much documentation and there's not much online.

Although I didn't buy the camera with stills in mind - I wanted the lens, really, to go with my GH3 - it seems Sony has done a good job of eking out maximum stills IQ from this 1" sensor. Very happy so far.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BostonCharlie
Like?
Re: Thanks for the thread.
In reply to Corkcampbell, 8 months ago

Corkcampbell wrote:

I bought an RX10 2 days ago and am just getting used to it. Bought it for video, as you can read from my many posts. So far, so good, except for a little problem with the AVCHD implementation described in a thread on the Digital Video forum. I'm still trying to work out the settings as I didn't get much documentation and there's not much online.

Although I didn't buy the camera with stills in mind - I wanted the lens, really, to go with my GH3 - it seems Sony has done a good job of eking out maximum stills IQ from this 1" sensor. Very happy so far.

I too bought my RX-10 a few days ago, I wanted more reach than my E-M5 could give me. It was the RX-10 or trying an Olympus 50-200 swd on my E-M5. Very glad I decided on the RX-10. I also need to figure out the AVCHD and getting sound with video, I assume there is something within the Sony software that ties the two together.

Have a great/safe Holiday season!

B.C.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 70D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +3 more
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,816Gear list
Like?
I have no trouble with sound and video on the RX10.

In fact, the mics on the camera are really, really sensitive - you've got to watch your breathing! If you are not getting sound, you must have something turned off, or a defective camera. I also have an EM-5, but really like this new Sony.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 6,095Gear list
Like?
Re: RX-10 at Christmas Program

Very good results, I guess the beauty in the silver-purple dress with the ruffles is your daughter, correct?

Viewing the originals, it is a hoot to scan about and see the various expressions on their faces.

What did you use/learn while shooting with RX10?

-- hide signature --

Elliott

BostonCharlie
Like?
Re: RX-10 at Christmas Program
In reply to elliottnewcomb, 8 months ago

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Very good results, I guess the beauty in the silver-purple dress with the ruffles is your daughter, correct? - Correct But my granddaughter

Viewing the originals, it is a hoot to scan about and see the various expressions on their faces. - Yes the kids had a great time and so did we.

What did you use/learn while shooting with RX10? - I started out in [A] mode and switched to [M] mode also set iso to 1600 then set to 1000. Found the camera was easier to set up than the E-M5 and to me much easier to hold and handle. The RX10 is a very capable camera and I hope to learn more of it's capabilities as time goes on.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

ShatteredSky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,089Gear list
Like?

Hello,

could you please per chance show similar images shot with the RX10 and the E-M5? Since I am still deciding what to get that would help. Or tell us how large/what the difference is between the two at similar focal lengths.

Thanks and regards

-- hide signature --

"Blue for the shattered sky"

ShatteredSky's gear list:ShatteredSky's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus XZ-2 iHS Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +6 more
BostonCharlie
Like?
In reply to ShatteredSky, 8 months ago

Will do my best to post some comparison shots between the two sometime today when I get off work.

B.C.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads