6D First Impressions - arrived last night!!!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
jonajona
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
6D First Impressions - arrived last night!!!
11 months ago

I'm switching from Pentax and I am really impressed with this camera!  I have the 24-105L and the 100mm Macro L.  The low light abilities of this camera is beyond what Pentax can muster.  I'm still getting used to all the controls as the they are vastly different from what I've been accustomed to all these years with the Pentax system.
One thing i've noticed is that the Auto WB is horrible on the 6D - at least indoors.  I haven't tried outdoors yet because I just received it.   But this isn't a big deal since I shoot RAW 100% of the time.
I don't like how the back LCD is plastic.  I will have to use a protection of some sort.  Is there any way to make the top LCD light up everytime?  I don't like having to press the "lightbulb" button - this is a very minor nuance.

I truly cannot wait to do Photoshoots with this!

-- hide signature --

Twinkle, twinkle DA*
How I wonder where you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle DA*
How I wonder where you are.
{pd}
http://pauldangcil.com

Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
streeteyes
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: 6D First Impressions - arrived last night!!!
In reply to jonajona, 11 months ago

I guess now that you have the 6D you'll have to change the lyrics of your signature poem.

-- hide signature --

Life is an infinite series of moments called now. My job is to capture them.

streeteyes's gear list:streeteyes's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
John_A_G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,410
Like?

I'm glad you are excited about your new camera.  I hope it meets all your expectations.  May I suggest something though?  Use the camera for a few weeks before posting your impressions.  After 3-4 weeks, you'll be able to provide some actual insight into 6d vs. the camera you came from.

jonajona
Like?
In reply to John_A_G, 11 months ago

John_A_G wrote:

I'm glad you are excited about your new camera. I hope it meets all your expectations. May I suggest something though? Use the camera for a few weeks before posting your impressions. After 3-4 weeks, you'll be able to provide some actual insight into 6d vs. the camera you came from.

That's why it's called "first impressions".  I'm sure I will love this camera more than I do my Pentax system.

Unexpresivecanvas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075
Like?

jonajona wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

I'm glad you are excited about your new camera. I hope it meets all your expectations. May I suggest something though? Use the camera for a few weeks before posting your impressions. After 3-4 weeks, you'll be able to provide some actual insight into 6d vs. the camera you came from.

That's why it's called "first impressions". I'm sure I will love this camera more than I do my Pentax system.

In a few weeks you finally will understand why 90% of serious photographers prefer  C or N. At the same time you will feel sorry for all those Pentaxians living in a world of their own.

jonajona
Like?
In reply to Unexpresivecanvas, 11 months ago

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

jonajona wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

That's why it's called "first impressions". I'm sure I will love this camera more than I do my Pentax system.

In a few weeks you finally will understand why 90% of serious photographers prefer C or N. At the same time you will feel sorry for all those Pentaxians living in a world of their own.

Hahaha... no, I don't need a few weeks.  I know now that what I have is 10 times better than what I had.  The speed and the low-light capability alone is better.  Although, I have to admit, the Pentax 40mm Pancake is unbeatable in both size and quality compared to other pancake lenses.
Byt the way, the term "a world of their own" is very subjective.  I've learned that a lot of Pentaxians chose Pentax simply because they want to be different - I was the same way.  And trust me, I was able to capture some really great photos with my Pentax system.  The photographer makes the photos, not the camera.  Cameras are, after all, just a tool.  But now, with the Canon system everything just seems to be faster.  And I mean, a lot FASTER!  Lol.

I can't stress enough how much I am impressed with the low-light capabilities of the 6D.  It's simply amazing.  I'm able to shoot at 3200 ISO and not worry about noise as much.  The Pentax I had was horrible past 400 ISO!!!  hahaha.

Rick Knepper
Forum ProPosts: 10,326Gear list
Like?

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

jonajona wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

In a few weeks you finally will understand why 90% of serious photographers prefer C or N. At the same time you will feel sorry for all those Pentaxians living in a world of their own.

Depending on what you mean by Serious Photographer, let's pretend you mean professional photographer for the moment, that group probably makes up about .5% of the total IL market. Add in serious non-professionals, and only the Good Lord knows how to define this group, and you are probably talking about no more than 10% of the total IL market. Who gives a cr@p about serious photographers?

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800E Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +17 more
jonajona
Like?
In reply to Rick Knepper, 11 months ago

Rick, i'm assuming you are filthy rich with all those camera bodies and lenses.  That's crazy!!!  You call yourself a hobbyist? 

salamander1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,017
Like?

Rick Knepper wrote:

Unexpresivecanvas wrote:

jonajona wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

Depending on what you mean by Serious Photographer, let's pretend you mean professional photographer for the moment, that group probably makes up about .5% of the total IL market. Add in serious non-professionals, and only the Good Lord knows how to define this group, and you are probably talking about no more than 10% of the total IL market. Who gives a cr@p about serious photographers?

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy. Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES.

rick, i know it's kind of stupid,  really, but please  indulge my curiosity ? why  "Just say NO! to MAIL-IN REBATES:?

Unexpresivecanvas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,075
Like?

Rick Knepper wrote:

Depending on what you mean by Serious Photographer, let's pretend you mean professional photographer for the moment, that group probably makes up about .5% of the total IL market. Add in serious non-professionals, and only the Good Lord knows how to define this group, and you are probably talking about no more than 10% of the total IL market. Who gives a cr@p about serious photographers?

-- hide signature --

You are right Knepper... nobody gives a damn cr@p about serious photographers... that's why you look so serious in your avatar and your post are really more serious than your face....

I notice a lot of passive aggressiveness or bitterness in your post...

Maybe because you want to look like a serious photographer with all that long list of gear in our profile? man, you have 56 serious items listed there and only  6 images in you gallery. Way to go..

Are you a gear collectionist? do you own a pawn shop specializing in photography equipment? now just curious...  Why so angry?

jonajona
Like?

so much hostility...  it's about to be 2014.  let love rule the world.  hahahahaaa

anyways, i'm happy i switched to canon.  i'm just sayin'.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads