Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Steve Harper
Regular MemberPosts: 150
Like?
Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
10 months ago
Brian D. Schneider
Forum ProPosts: 16,286
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Steve Harper, 10 months ago

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Shouldn't your headline read "Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Wrong"

Either way she's not the brightest bulb in the box

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Steve Harper, 10 months ago

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

 Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Steve Harper, 10 months ago

Yet . . . . another thread on faith started by an atheist, go figure lol!!!!

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Frank PA, 10 months ago

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian D. Schneider
Forum ProPosts: 16,286
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Frank PA, 10 months ago

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Or that there's a 1 in 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses ever existed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Yet . . . . another thread on faith started by an atheist, go figure lol!!!!

Your right in that religion is not suppose to be discussed. However, it is difficult to avoid talking about it when the subject covers everything from what is in outer space to what is going on in the bedroom.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

 Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Bill Randall, 10 months ago

Bill Randall wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Yet . . . . another thread on faith started by an atheist, go figure lol!!!!

Your right in that religion is not suppose to be discussed. However, it is difficult to avoid talking about it when the subject covers everything from what is in outer space to what is going on in the bedroom.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

Hey I'm not complaining, it's my favorite subject and I look at these threads as "open season".  I'm exercising great restraint right now lol!

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian D. Schneider
Forum ProPosts: 16,286
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Yet . . . . another thread on faith started by an atheist, go figure lol!!!!

Your right in that religion is not suppose to be discussed. However, it is difficult to avoid talking about it when the subject covers everything from what is in outer space to what is going on in the bedroom.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

Hey I'm not complaining, it's my favorite subject and I look at these threads as "open season". I'm exercising great restraint right now lol!

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Hey buddy, don't hold back. I like the entertainment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Brian D. Schneider, 10 months ago

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Or that there's a 1 in 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses ever existed.

You and I are on the same page with this. There is no evidence outside of Biblical texts that he existed. In other words, no historical evidence whatsoever. By the way, after viewing your posts over the last several months, I'd have to say that I often agree with you. You should have your own blog.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

 Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

 Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Frank PA, 10 months ago

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

If you believe Jesus then the whole Moses issue and authorship is resolved for the 1st five books of the Torah.

I believe there is excellent archeological evidence for the Exodus. The key is what you define as "scholarly". I have seen compelling lectures and videos of chariots sitting at the bottom of the Red Sea, water eroded rock in arabia, to compelling evidence for Jebel al-Lawz.

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

I agree with that. It's a heart issue. It does come down to a question of Faith for many people. We just can't expect others to believe what we choose to believe, that's all. By the way, did you ever notice how the Gospel writers mined The Septuagint for stories that they could borrow and edit to beef up their own tales about the ministry and life of Jesus?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

 Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

I don't think that is correct. What it boils down to is: What is your standard for choosing what you believe and what you do not believe? Wishful thinking or facts.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

 Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Bill Randall, 10 months ago

Bill Randall wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

I don't think that is correct. What it boils down to is: What is your standard for choosing what you believe and what you do not believe? Wishful thinking or facts.

If I could prove to you that the Bible was 100% correct and that Jesus did exist.  What would change for yo?  Would you just keep going and doing what you're doing right now?  Something to ponder.

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Frank PA, 10 months ago

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

I agree with that. It's a heart issue. It does come down to a question of Faith for many people. We just can't expect others to believe what we choose to believe, that's all.

Agreed.

By the way, did you ever notice how the Gospel writers mined The Septuagint for stories that they could borrow and edit to beef up their own tales about the ministry and life of Jesus?

Hmmm.... interesting comment. What makes you suggest that? John Mark, John, & Levi who all knew Jesus personally (<>Luke?). John and Levi were disciples.... why would they need to "mine" Greek manuscripts when they were all Jews?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
28to70
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,040
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to Brian D. Schneider, 10 months ago

You know, I'm a non practicing Catholic. As a matter of fact I only went to church when I did wedding gigs.  But I'm covering myself like the Greeks who had a lot of Gods, but they had one God that was an unknown God, just to cover their behinds and not to be left behind, from getting to Nirvana, or wherever Greeks went to heaven.

So what scientists tell us is that everything was created from nothing, or the big bang theory.  But I still have trouble understanding that, which atheists seem to understand.  I guess they are smarter than me.  I must be pretty dumb. Yeah, that must be it.

With that in mind, I'm going to believe in the unknown God.  Specially when something goes wrong, and specially when I had pains in my right side and I said God get me out of this, just before I had an ultrasound, and then later an endoscopy, and lastly an colonoscopy. Ouch!

Thank you God.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to itchhh, 10 months ago

itchhh wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

itchhh wrote:

Frank PA wrote:

Steve Harper wrote:

She must have been home schooled.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/12/09/creationist-mathematician-says-there-was-only-a-1479000000-chance-moses-got-genesis-right-so-it-must-be-true/

-- hide signature --

They call me Bwana Dick

Thanks for the hilarious link. She would have gotten herself closer to the real truth is she had said that there was a 1 in a 479,000,000th chance that anyone named Moses had anything to do with the writing of Genesis.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Hmm. . . . what makes you say that?

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Richard, without getting into another long winded, self serving diatribe, and you know how capable I am of that, I can tell you that there are 0, count them, 0 historical references to Moses or any of his Biblical accomplishments. For example, there is no evidence that the Exodus ever occurred, at least not from any scholarly discipline that I have ever heard of. Archeologists, for example, can spot ancient caravan routes all over the Mid-East, but they can't seem to find any evidence of 2,000,000 people, and their livestock, roaming around a relatively small geographic area for 40 years. This is just one example that would leave one to doubt the historicity of the Biblical account of Moses. As an aside, I've heard that Christian Apologists have actually said that God has cleaned up the evidence of the Exodus. Why would He do this?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Listen we can argue these things until the cows come home, it boils down to what you WANT to believe and what you're willing to see. Its a heart issue not a head issue (have a field day with that last sentence, I know its coming)

I don't think that is correct. What it boils down to is: What is your standard for choosing what you believe and what you do not believe? Wishful thinking or facts.

If I could prove to you that the Bible was 100% correct and that Jesus did exist. What would change for yo? Would you just keep going and doing what you're doing right now? Something to ponder.

Ponder this as well. Suppose some day you find out the whole story is made up. What would you think in regards to your parents, friends, preacher and government? We atheists generally have no one to blame but ourselves if we are wrong. The religious however, have a lot of people to blame.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

 Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 15,412Gear list
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to 28to70, 10 months ago

28to70 wrote:

You know, I'm a non practicing Catholic. As a matter of fact I only went to church when I did wedding gigs. But I'm covering myself like the Greeks who had a lot of Gods, but they had one God that was an unknown God, just to cover their behinds and not to be left behind, from getting to Nirvana, or wherever Greeks went to heaven.

So what scientists tell us is that everything was created from nothing, or the big bang theory. But I still have trouble understanding that, which atheists seem to understand. I guess they are smarter than me. I must be pretty dumb. Yeah, that must be it.

With that in mind, I'm going to believe in the unknown God. Specially when something goes wrong, and specially when I had pains in my right side and I said God get me out of this, just before I had an ultrasound, and then later an endoscopy, and lastly an colonoscopy. Ouch!

Thank you God.

I'll bet you don't find those procedures mentioned in the Bible.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

 Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514
Like?
Re: Creationist ‘Mathematician’ Says There Was Only a 1/479,000,000 Chance Moses Got Genesis Right
In reply to 28to70, 10 months ago

28to70 wrote:

You know, I'm a non practicing Catholic. As a matter of fact I only went to church when I did wedding gigs. But I'm covering myself like the Greeks who had a lot of Gods, but they had one God that was an unknown God, just to cover their behinds and not to be left behind, from getting to Nirvana, or wherever Greeks went to heaven.

So what scientists tell us is that everything was created from nothing, or the big bang theory. But I still have trouble understanding that, which atheists seem to understand. I guess they are smarter than me. I must be pretty dumb. Yeah, that must be it.

With that in mind, I'm going to believe in the unknown God. Specially when something goes wrong, and specially when I had pains in my right side and I said God get me out of this, just before I had an ultrasound, and then later an endoscopy, and lastly an colonoscopy. Ouch!

Thank you God.

First genuine post that I've read in a long time.  Here is a short Bible story about the unknown God in Athens

Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are very religious; for as I was passing through and considering the objects of your worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD.

Therefore, the One whom you worship without knowing, Him I proclaim to you: God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.

And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.

Therefore, since we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, something shaped by art and man's devising.

Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained.

He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.  And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked, while others said, We will hear you again on this [matter].

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads