McDonalds sales down in US, up in Europe

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
kixigvaq
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
McDonalds sales down in US, up in Europe
8 months ago

McDonalds reported gross revenue was down in the USA but up in Europe. I guess Americans are going to slim down while the Euros opt for the more pear-shaped look. My only question is will French women still have such terrific derrieres?

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,591
Like?
Re: McDonalds sales down in US, up in Europe
In reply to kixigvaq, 8 months ago

kixigvaq wrote:

McDonalds reported gross revenue was down in the USA but up in Europe. I guess Americans are going to slim down while the Euros opt for the more pear-shaped look. My only question is will French women still have such terrific derrieres?

You don't travel much, do you?
McDonald's menu in Europe is different, healthier, has been for many years. Veggies, etc.

Rgds

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aloeignut
Contributing MemberPosts: 672
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

I would guess that it is more about lack of money than desire to slim down.

kixigvaq
Like?
Where do you get these goofy ideas?
In reply to Aloeignut, 8 months ago

Is the Off Topic forum your only source of information?

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

kixigvaq
Like?
Travel much?
In reply to Marcamera, 8 months ago

Marcamera wrote:

I travel plenty, but mostly in Alaska. I used to cover high school basketball games for my newspaper by snow machine. 200 miles thru the Arctic night, minus 50 celsius, Aurora Borealis going crazy overhead. Photograph the game, interview the coaches and players, then back on the snow machine for another 200 miles at top speed!

Now my travel is mostly by airplane, although I did take a week-long ferry ride from the Aleutians into the big city.

When I go to Europe, which these days is not so often, I don't go to McDonalds. I don't even go to the McDonalds three blocks down the street!

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Marcamera
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,591
Like?
Re: Travel much?

kixigvaq wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

I travel plenty, but mostly in Alaska. I used to cover high school basketball games for my newspaper by snow machine. 200 miles thru the Arctic night, minus 50 celsius, Aurora Borealis going crazy overhead. Photograph the game, interview the coaches and players, then back on the snow machine for another 200 miles at top speed!

Now my travel is mostly by airplane, although I did take a week-long ferry ride from the Aleutians into the big city.

When I go to Europe, which these days is not so often, I don't go to McDonalds. I don't even go to the McDonalds three blocks down the street!

When our Daughter was a small child, we would sometimes go to McDonalds locally, not often but still.

Then , when we went to European McDonalds, there were many items on the menu that were not in Canada or USA. Your basic hamburgers were similar but that was about it. You could actually eat almost healthy at McDonalds there.

Rgds

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 683Gear list
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Someone pointed out a link to me awhile back, which stated that even though 50% of Americans ate at McDonald's during the month of March, 2013, McDonald's experienced a 1% sales drop that month. 50%? No wonder we're a society in decline.

I don't eat at McDonald's, but I'm always amazed that with all of the strict labor laws, higher wages and higher taxes in Europe, that McDonald's can manage to operate profitable businesses there. Yet in the United States, McDonald's will tell us that they can not afford to pay their average restaurant worker a living wage. I believe this to be indefensible.

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 31,271Gear list
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

Yes, until age 40. Then the cellulite sets in from the butterfat consumed earlier. It's a time lapse process.

28to70
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,040
Like?
In reply to Frank PA, 8 months ago

I think the last time I had a McDonald's burger was back in the 20th century.  They were quite tasty, specially if you drowned them in ketchup and mustard and salt.  That would solve the smell and taste of hot box ala nothing.

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 31,271Gear list
Like?
In reply to Frank PA, 8 months ago

Frank PA wrote:

kixigvaq wrote:

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

Someone pointed out a link to me awhile back, which stated that even though 50% of Americans ate at McDonald's during the month of March, 2013, McDonald's experienced a 1% sales drop that month. 50%? No wonder we're a society in decline.

I don't eat at McDonald's, but I'm always amazed that with all of their strict labor laws, higher wages and higher taxes in Europe, that McDonald's can manage to operate profitable businesses there. Yet in the United States, McDonald's will tell us that they can not afford to pay their average restaurant worker a living wage. I believe this to be indefensible.

Someone said it is because there are too many illegal aliens in America and the McDonalds workers know they have to take what they can get because Miguel is waiting in the wings.

LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

The US outlets need more imagination for their menus :

-- hide signature --

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

Calexico78
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

It certainly must be hard to travel when living in some remote place in Texas.

dh steffi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,061
Like?

It proves that Americans are simply smarter than those conceded Europeans.

Americans work and study hard, we have become overly complacent and the like to stuff ourselves at fastfood chains telling ourselves how superior we are.

No wonder the Americans defeated Nazi Germany while we were hiding in our cellars.

-- hide signature --

Windmills, just do it.

Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,884Gear list
Like?

kixigvaq wrote:

That is good news as far as I am concerned. Less trash in my yard.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
carizi
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,168Gear list
Like?

Wild guess here but it looks like the folks in the USA now know the kind of crap McCrap restaurants have been selling them all this time.....

-- hide signature --

Photography is more than a medium for factual communication of ideas. It is a creative art.
Ansel Adams

carizi's gear list:carizi's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +4 more
glasswave
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,383
Like?
Re: Give me a break...
In reply to Marcamera, 8 months ago

Marcamera wrote:

kixigvaq wrote:

You don't travel much, do you?
McDonald's menu in Europe is different, healthier, has been for many years. Veggies, etc.

I have been to McDonalds in many Asian and Latin American, Canada and two European countries and the menu is pretty much the same crap, with slight variation.

But perhaps next time you are in France, you can slim down with the "Double shiny Bacon" now on promo.

http://www.mcdonalds.fr/

-- hide signature --

There is simply too much beauty in the world to photograph it all, but I'm trying.

Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to carizi, 8 months ago

carizi wrote:

Wild guess here but it looks like the folks in the USA now know the kind of crap McCrap restaurants have been selling them all this time.....

The Egg McMuffin has been popular for several years. I would have it about twice a week. After some time I quit going to McDonalds for about a year. Then on morning I thought I would give it another try and guess what? It was reduced in size and lacked the taste I knew.

-- hide signature --

I live in the USA, a mega banana republic.

28to70
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, 8 months ago

Bill Randall wrote:

carizi wrote:

The Egg McMuffin has been popular for several years. I would have it about twice a week. After some time I quit going to McDonalds for about a year. Then on morning I thought I would give it another try and guess what? It was reduced in size and lacked the taste I knew.

-- hide signature --

I'm waiting for McDonald's to hit the 16 trillion sold.  Or quadrillion!  It's now an acquired taste Bill

28to70
Like?
In reply to 28to70, 8 months ago

28to70 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

carizi wrote:

-- hide signature --

I'm waiting for McDonald's to hit the 16 trillion sold. Or quadrillion! It's now an acquired taste Bill

I'm waiting for California to legalize pot.  Then you'll be able to buy a McReefer

Bill Randall
Like?
In reply to 28to70, 8 months ago

28to70 wrote:

28to70 wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

carizi wrote:

-- hide signature --

I'm waiting for McDonald's to hit the 16 trillion sold. Or quadrillion! It's now an acquired taste Bill

I'm waiting for California to legalize pot. Then you'll be able to buy a McReefer

Supersized: McReefer Plus

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads