Graham Houghton released his free ebook the FZ200 User's Manual

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Jerry045
Senior MemberPosts: 3,858Gear list
Like?
Re: Graham Houghton released his free ebook the FZ200 User's Manual
In reply to ghough12, 9 months ago

Graham:

Let me add my personal thanks for all those helpful videos. They are great. I admire your teaching style. It is most effective. Your great videos have really increased the enjoyment of so many folks now that they know a little more about their cameras thanks to your efforts. I learn something each time I watch one.

Thank you......

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/av8tor045
Jerry

Jerry045's gear list:Jerry045's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MoreGooderPhotos
Regular MemberPosts: 246Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jerry045, 9 months ago

As I've reed the excellent book, I could hear Graham's voice as if he were reading it aloud. Panasonic would be wise to contract Graham to write future user manuals!

Thank you Graham!

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I feel like 2/3'rds Rice Krispies. Past "Snap" and "Crackle" but just shy of "Pop".

MoreGooderPhotos's gear list:MoreGooderPhotos's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
Isacas
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
In reply to swamibob, 9 months ago

Thanks for the heads up and thank you, Graham, for your great ebook and your generous service to all of us!!

Isacas's gear list:Isacas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +6 more
wolfd
Contributing MemberPosts: 864Gear list
Like?

Thank you for the link and thank you Graham for the excellent handbook.

wolfd's gear list:wolfd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-7 Nikon D7000 +2 more
djddpr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,661
Like?

ghough12 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded, and made such great comments on, the eBook I have just finished.

I hope everyone picks up something from the book and experiments a little more with this fantastic camera.

Graham

Graham Houghton,

Thank-you for your comprehensive, well written manual for FZ200.  Your ebook will be much used in my home -- my wife has FZ200 and I have FZ150.

David Dollevoet

Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,940Gear list
Like?

ghough12 wrote:

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded, and made such great comments on, the eBook I have just finished.

I hope everyone picks up something from the book and experiments a little more with this fantastic camera.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Great to see you here at this forum. While its not a FZ200 forum, they are lots of FZ200 posts here. Everyone appreciates your great effort in producing this book. The download issues were a testament to how many people wanted to get a copy. I hope Panasonic take note of what you have done and why it was necessary, but probably not.Actually we have no idea whether Panasonic ever look at this site.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,284
Like?

I downloaded this out of curiosity.

Guy should hire an editor.

But......it's free.

H Larsen
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?

Great work Graham, thanks for the amazing ebook - and your many fine videos.
They have provided inspiration and photo enjoyment.
It has given joy to all of us user, and Panasonic must be happy for your work also.

Henning

H Larsen's gear list:H Larsen's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +1 more
peteshep
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
In reply to H Larsen, 9 months ago

Amateur catch-up

Indeed, I find Graham's e-book for the FZ200 really excellent! Kindest of xmas presents. I did an early download without problem, so try again, either download, if delays.

And from an amateur who gained much from his videos: just in case of interest, I've now uploaded an Addendum thought to my initial flickr Set on Travel Accessories with the FZ200 following an exciting trip. Other thoughts from you more-expert users much appreciated:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peteshep/11360291185/    Scroll down, but also the Set.

P http://flickr.com/peteshep/sets     (current first seven with FZ200)

http://flickr.com/peteshep     (photostream)

peteshep's gear list:peteshep's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
peteshep
Regular MemberPosts: 117Gear list
Like?
In reply to peteshep, 9 months ago

I'm no DPR expert either! But thought I'd add an FZ200 image to go with my comment below  P

Tsemo Namgyal fort-palace-gompa above Leh, Ladakh , high Himalayas.

peteshep's gear list:peteshep's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,809Gear list
Like?
In reply to Rodger1943, 9 months ago

Rodger1943 wrote:

ghough12 wrote:

Graham

Hi Graham,

Great to see you here at this forum. While its not a FZ200 forum, they are lots of FZ200 posts here. Everyone appreciates your great effort in producing this book. The download issues were a testament to how many people wanted to get a copy. I hope Panasonic take note of what you have done and why it was necessary, but probably not.Actually we have no idea whether Panasonic ever look at this site.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

I worked until recently, indirectly, for a major brand tractor manufacturer and I can assure you that manufacturers and distributors all take a keen interest in what goes on in forums like these for their feedback and in helping to protect their reputation to some extent. In my little world, even on nationwide forums, we would work out who had the problems and who was saying what and why, and jump on dealers to sort things out and report issues back up the distribution and/or production chain. It is not so easy to identify individuals in an international forum, or therefore to pro-actively help sort any issues they might have, but nevertheless it must be useful from a management and marketing point of view.

If the management of most brands are not watching these forums, I would be very surprised. Fuji, for instance, must be very pleased with the feedback from their firmware updates to older model cameras, while Sony must be noting the confusion and uncertainty that their branding and marketing decisions have caused in the market recently. Not only will they be watching the reaction to their own brand products but also to their rival's.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
jhoto
Junior MemberPosts: 41Gear list
Like?
In reply to wolfd, 9 months ago

Nice!  Thanks.

jhoto's gear list:jhoto's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Camera (Wi-Fi) Canon EOS 100D Apple iPhone 5s +2 more
Jerrich
Senior MemberPosts: 2,484Gear list
Like?
In reply to jhoto, 8 months ago

I sent Graham $5 by PayPal for his great book, and would like to urge all who are truly appreciative of his hard work to do the same.  Come on, it's only $5 (or more, your call)  Cheers.

JR

-- hide signature --

Panny FZ200, ZS25

Jerrich's gear list:Jerrich's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads