HUGE Df Apology!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,485
Like?
Re: HUGE Df Apology!
In reply to Shotcents, 9 months ago

Shotcents wrote:

I'm so so so so so so VERY sorry that....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,485
Like?

Shotcents wrote:

Naturally, some adults just can't accept the facts.

Naturally, some adults just can't stop telling that to the rest.

lancespring
Senior MemberPosts: 2,328Gear list
Like?
Just how is it so much superior to a D610? You provide no argument to support that

Shotcents wrote:

So that's my apology. The Df is (for me) the only logical choice for a second body on the market. It ADDS something to me kit (as would a D4). A second D800 or entry level D610 does not.

Just what would the Df do for you as a second body, that the D610 would not also do just as well, for less money???

You make this broad assertion, without making any arguments whatsoever in support of it.

Not an impressive effort on your part at all here.   You must be extremely bored to be making such pointless statements.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 5,443Gear list
Like?

Shotcents wrote:

Are you a product manager of this thingy?

PrebenR
Senior MemberPosts: 2,664
Like?

Shotcents wrote:

So that's my apology. The Df is (for me) the only logical choice for a second body on the market. It ADDS something to me kit (as would a D4). A second D800 or entry level D610 does not.

It's so simple even a child can reason through it. Naturally, some adults just can't accept the facts.

And you have tested this camera?

-- hide signature --

Lightwriting with Sigma

Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,876Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nikonfan99, 9 months ago

Nikonfan99 wrote:

Unlike other people on here, I dont want to silence you or think you should be banned. I encourage debate and discussion. I see a pebble and you see a rock.

So I'll take that pebble happily, even greedily. The advantages of the Df are NOT huge, but they're real. And the looks of the camera will be gravy over the pebble.

It's almost thanksgiving. Who doesn't want gravy over their pebbles?

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
kenwj
Contributing MemberPosts: 557Gear list
Like?

There is one major flaw in your arguments...

Of couse Star Wars is better than Star Trek.

kenwj's gear list:kenwj's gear list
Nikon D800
Shotcents
Like?
Re: Just how is it so much superior to a D610? You provide no argument to support that
In reply to lancespring, 9 months ago

lancespring wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Just what would the Df do for you as a second body, that the D610 would not also do just as well, for less money???

Better high ISO (and right out of camera), likely better handling, smaller files, likely better VF and so on. We've been through this. The attack on the Df is in reality a strange defense of the D610.

MY impression of the D610 is that it's a great entry level camera. I like the size, but not the handling. And I don't like the chroma noise that's visible as you push the ISO up.

Among many things, I'll be shooting Wednesday night sailboat races next season. Why would I EVER choose a D610 for that? Or use my D800?

Instead I'll use the smallest FX DSLR and have CLEAN ISO 6400 and even 12800 files with a minimum of fuss. No one has made a SINGLE valid point to counter my low light intended application for the Df.

Sorry. I've made logical points and all I hear back is that I shouldn't want advantages that someone else perceives as small for THEIR needs.

And as I've said, once the real reviews for the Df role in....we'll be hearing less from the haters and trolls.

Robert

Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Shotcents
Like?
In reply to tissunique, 9 months ago

tissunique wrote:

"That's a guess on your part. You and I do not know what the Df costs to produce. It may cost more than a D800 or less. I find the price a bit high, but that's a non-issue as my gear pays for itself over and over. Irrespective of price it's still a superior pick than a 2nd D800 for me because it adds something to the overall performance of my kit. A D600 would DECLINE the performance of my kit because the D800 is better overall and the DF bests it at high ISO. It's very simple."

Robert, how do you know it's low light performance will be the best? It takes more than a sensor to perform well under those conditions.

I know what the D4 sensor can do. I've seen it side by side with my D800 on screen and in prints. I also know the workflow advantage of smaller files that START OFF CLEAN.

I also know that the 39 point AF is excellent, more than good enough for my needs. Should I expect it to suddenly be terrible with the D4 sensor?

Robert

Shotcents
Like?
In reply to Gosman, 9 months ago

Gosman wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Gosman wrote:

As I have suggested way back with the D800, let others try the camera first. Listen and learn and don't spend. Then jump in and buy if the reviews are good.

-- hide signature --

Gosman

Gosman, have you gone off the deep end?

People like Nikonfan99 will determine the parameters of camera performance that are appropriate for all of us.

Get with it, man!

Robert

Who the heck is Nikonfan99! I am the Gosman that predicted the D800 fiasco before it happened!

-- hide signature --

Gosman

That's right. You did and I got burned!

I'll WAIT before clicking the BUY button the Df this time!

Robert

Shotcents
Like?
In reply to photohp, 9 months ago

photohp wrote:

u007 wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

1) Some people don't want a smaller DSLR

2) Some people don't want a lighter DSLR

3) Some people don't want a DSLR with absolutely top level low light shooting ability.

4) Some people don't like manual dials or class looks.

5) Some people can't work with 5.5 FPS.

6) Some people think the 39 point AF module is poor.

7) Some people think that a better viewfinder is of minimal value.

8) Some people don't care about a camera that handles well.

9) Some people don't appreciate a beautiful looking product that is also highly functional.

10) Some people didn't get every feature they wanted. Many of us did!

11) Some people, who bashed this camera childishly prior to trying it, will end up buying or wanting one.

12) Some people can't afford this camera.

13) Some people can't find a Nikon camera that suits them even though many of the great current shooters can.

14) Some people will be annoyed hat I started another Df thread.

15) Some people don't want a lower profile type of camera.

16) Some people don't want smaller files.

17) Some people think Star Wars is better than Star Trek.

It's so simple even a child can reason through it. Naturally, some adults just can't accept the facts.

Robert

I don't understand why mods haven't banned you for excessive trolling.

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

Banning and censorship is never the answer. Ignoring him however will.most probably work.

Yes, can you start NOW?

There are several people here I avoid. I don't usually read their posts. It's very easy to do. If I perceive someone as a troll or just a nasty individual, I move on.

Funny how well that works.

Robert

seahawk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,934
Like?
Your needs are just your needs

I am happy for you that you like the DF. I do not care about it for my own reasons.

-- hide signature --

hobby aviation photographer

photohp
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?

Shotcents wrote:

photohp wrote:

u007 wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

1) Some people don't want a smaller DSLR

2) Some people don't want a lighter DSLR

3) Some people don't want a DSLR with absolutely top level low light shooting ability.

4) Some people don't like manual dials or class looks.

5) Some people can't work with 5.5 FPS.

6) Some people think the 39 point AF module is poor.

7) Some people think that a better viewfinder is of minimal value.

8) Some people don't care about a camera that handles well.

9) Some people don't appreciate a beautiful looking product that is also highly functional.

10) Some people didn't get every feature they wanted. Many of us did!

11) Some people, who bashed this camera childishly prior to trying it, will end up buying or wanting one.

12) Some people can't afford this camera.

13) Some people can't find a Nikon camera that suits them even though many of the great current shooters can.

14) Some people will be annoyed hat I started another Df thread.

15) Some people don't want a lower profile type of camera.

16) Some people don't want smaller files.

17) Some people think Star Wars is better than Star Trek.

Robert

I don't understand why mods haven't banned you for excessive trolling.

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

Banning and censorship is never the answer. Ignoring him however will.most probably work.

Yes, can you start NOW?

There are several people here I avoid. I don't usually read their posts. It's very easy to do. If I perceive someone as a troll or just a nasty individual, I move on.

Funny how well that works.

Robert

I don't have a problem with you. u007 has, and the advice was to him

-- hide signature --

This is not a signature

Shotcents
Like?
In reply to photohp, 9 months ago

Robert

I don't have a problem with you. u007 has, and the advice was to him

-- hide signature --

This is not a signature

Well, then I apologize AGAIN.

Robert

KeithF
Contributing MemberPosts: 979Gear list
Like?

Shotcents wrote:

Robert

Do you shoot with the Df before?  How do you know it highly functional???  Why you give high praise to it before even touch it?

KeithF's gear list:KeithF's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D +12 more
Shotcents
Like?
In reply to KeithF, 9 months ago

KeithF wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Robert

Do you shoot with the Df before? How do you know it highly functional??? Why you give high praise to it before even touch it?

I don't think ANYONE doubts that the Df is highly functional.

Why are some folks bashing a camera they haven't touched? Again, the point of the thread is hard for some to follow.

I may end up hating the Df after picking one up. Or I may like more than my D800.

And open mind is the best way to start.

Robert

Apollo18
Senior MemberPosts: 1,223Gear list
Like?
HUGE Yawn

It is a great camera.

it is hugely overpriced.

Is there much else to say?

Apollo18's gear list:Apollo18's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III +4 more
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,389Gear list
Like?
Re: HUGE fanboy post! [With trolling title to match]

We're all glad that you have proclaimed that your needs are the ones that Nikon apparently chose to meet when developing the Df.  Congratulations.  Now please note that if one camera met everyone's needs, we'd only have one model to choose from.

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Shotcents
Like?
In reply to kkardster, 9 months ago

kkardster wrote:

We're all glad that you have proclaimed that your needs are the ones that Nikon apparently chose to meet when developing the Df. Congratulations. Now please note that if one camera met everyone's needs, we'd only have one model to choose from.

Uh huh.

I believe I've said this already. I was addressing the barrage of haters that had swooped in to attack a product none of us have used.

At the same time, going just by the specs and photos, there is nothing wrong with the Df at all. Great sensor. Nice body that likely handles better than the rest.

Want more MP, bigger camera, bigger files and more PP at high ISO? Get a different camera.

And the price of the Df will fall to where it should be. If Nikon STARTED at that price it would fall to where it shouldn't be. Very basic pricing strategy.

Robert

hdr
hdr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,539Gear list
Like?
In reply to kkardster, 9 months ago

kkardster wrote:

We're all glad that you have proclaimed that your needs are the ones that Nikon apparently chose to meet when developing the Df. Congratulations. Now please note that if one camera met everyone's needs, we'd only have one model to choose from.

Then this, or any photography forum, would never have lasted this long.

-- hide signature --

Photographs and snapshots are never meant to be flat

Depth has been the missing dimension for long enough. http://www.SingaporeGallery.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads