What is one place you would love to visit (or have visited) for a photography holiday?

Started Nov 10, 2013 | Discussions
ABA DABA
Senior MemberPosts: 2,975
Like?
Re: What is one place you would love to visit (or have visited) for a photography holiday?
In reply to karl eller, Nov 11, 2013

B.B. Beach on Isla Mujeres. Beautiful beach, clear emerald water and of course topless is permitted.

Another favorite is  Mauri in the Hawaiian Islands. Fabulous

-- hide signature --

ABA DABA

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Miwok
Contributing MemberPosts: 516Gear list
Like?
Re: What is one place you would love to visit (or have visited) for a photography holiday?

Everywhere except Disneyland, Zoo or crowded beach.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Sonyshine, Nov 11, 2013

Sonyshine wrote:

BlueJakester wrote:

Basalite wrote:

BlueJakester wrote:

Europe.

Where in Europe? It's not like its a country.

The scenic part with old buildings and pretty girls.

Welcome to Britain then!

No, that would be Greece then Italy, especially on the later point.

We are reluctantly still in Europe.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to Starflash127, Nov 11, 2013

Starflash127 wrote:

Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park - during an eruption - from a safe distance.

It's always erupting.

Lawrence W
Regular MemberPosts: 311Gear list
Like?

No. 1 on my bucket list is East Africa safari.

Lawrence W's gear list:Lawrence W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Nikon D7100 +9 more
Chris59
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,470Gear list
Like?
Antarctica

karl eller wrote:

Say you had the opportunity to take one all-expenses-paid photography holiday to any location you wanted, where would it be? It could be somewhere that you want to go but haven't had the opportunity, or somewhere that you've been before and want to go back, the sky is the limit (literally, no space ).

For me, it would have to be a multiple-day tour of the Chernobyl region, and the cities of Chernobyl and Pripyat in particular. I've always had a fascination with abandoned structures and cities, and the Chernobyl region combines two (almost completely) abandoned cities and multiple smaller towns/villages with Soviet-era Russian architecture, and any photos I've seen always look amazing (and a little haunting). The region has also played a fairly major part in a number of video games I've enjoyed, particularly the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which is another reason to visit.

So what is your place?

No text.

BlueJakester
Senior MemberPosts: 1,717Gear list
Like?
In reply to Basalite, Nov 11, 2013

Basalite wrote:

S

The scenic part with old buildings and pretty girls

No, that would be Greece then Italy, especially on the later point.

Cheers!

BlueJakester's gear list:BlueJakester's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
brettmeikle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707
Like?
In reply to Sonyshine, Nov 11, 2013

Sonyshine wrote:

Welcome to Britain then!

no mate, only the 'little Englander' part

-- hide signature --

Brett
'Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.’
Sir Winston Churchill

SomebodyFamous
Regular MemberPosts: 324
Like?

Hmm... Probably the lunar surface.

-- hide signature --

I take photos for my own pleasure. I write books for my own pleasure too. If people buy them then fine. If not then I don't really care. The fun was in writing them. Income is just icing on top of the cake.

InterestedParty
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?
Going 3600 years too late...
In reply to SomebodyFamous, Nov 11, 2013

Going 3600 years too late...but I'm going anyway. Spending two weeks in Crete next May to photograph the island and especially the Minoan ruins at Phaistos and Knossos. Culmination of a 30 year old desire.

-- hide signature --

It is said that silliness is a double blessing for it both sheds authority and discomforts the up tight.

InterestedParty's gear list:InterestedParty's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
Sergey_Green
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,291Gear list
Like?
Santorini ..

In early spring or autumn. It is too hot there in summer.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Sergey_Green's gear list:Sergey_Green's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Leon van Roosmalen
Contributing MemberPosts: 560Gear list
Like?
First Antartica and then everywhere I haven't been.

Lot's of beautifull places in the world.

Already visited:

Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Tenerife, Fuerte Ventura, Egypt, Jordan, Mexico, Aruba, Costa Rica, Peru, Argentina, Chile, Nepal, Iceland, Kenia, Tanzania, Madagascar, Vietnam, Western Canada.

Greetings Leon.

-- hide signature --
 Leon van Roosmalen's gear list:Leon van Roosmalen's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +7 more
Cane
Senior MemberPosts: 4,678
Like?

Playboy mansion.

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to brettmeikle, Nov 11, 2013

brettmeikle wrote:

Sonyshine wrote:

Welcome to Britain then!

no mate, only the 'little Englander' part

Looks to me like he simply wishes to preserve his country.

The EU can never evolve into a country, as much as the Europhiles wish it can.

-- hide signature --

Brett
'Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind.’
Sir Winston Churchill

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Santorini ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, Nov 11, 2013

Sergey_Green wrote:

In early spring or autumn. It is too hot there in summer.

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Very overrated destination.

kixigvaq
Senior MemberPosts: 1,108
Like?
Stalingrad

I've been interested in the war on the Eastern front since I was a student. I would love to spend a couple of months exploring the area that comprised the Stalingrad pocket. Not many people who survived the war there still left. But there are museums and historical places to visit.

-- hide signature --

Abyssus abyssum invocat

DaveOl
Senior MemberPosts: 2,080
Like?
Re:Where
In reply to kixigvaq, Nov 11, 2013

We took a bus tour of Southern Ireland a number of years ago and it was one of the best vacations we have ever taken. Wonderful scenery and friendly people.   I think the Bus line was CIE, it was the government line.

Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,088Gear list
Like?

karl eller wrote:

Say you had the opportunity to take one all-expenses-paid photography holiday to any location you wanted, where would it be? It could be somewhere that you want to go but haven't had the opportunity, or somewhere that you've been before and want to go back, the sky is the limit (literally, no space ).

For me, it would have to be a multiple-day tour of the Chernobyl region, and the cities of Chernobyl and Pripyat in particular. I've always had a fascination with abandoned structures and cities, and the Chernobyl region combines two (almost completely) abandoned cities and multiple smaller towns/villages with Soviet-era Russian architecture, and any photos I've seen always look amazing (and a little haunting). The region has also played a fairly major part in a number of video games I've enjoyed, particularly the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, which is another reason to visit.

So what is your place?

I'm with you on Pripyat - and if you ever decide to do this, I may still have a connection to get us in there. Send me a private message and we can discuss off the forum.

Here's one for your bucket list I visited 2 years ago: Cappadocia, in the Turkish desert. Landscape straight out of Star Wars, cave dwellings, ancient Greek chapels carved into the rock, magnificent streams cutting through the countryside forests. Like 3 different latitudes in one region.

Having lived in Chicago for 3 years, I'd think you'd find more range of photo ops in NYC or the New England coastline, from Maine to Connecticut.

For photographic variety and beauty, it's hard to beat verybiglebowski's Prague. Hands down the most beautiful, varied city in all my decades of traveling. Beats Paris, London, NYC - even Rome (and that is tough!).

Morocco is next on my agenda.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +12 more
BigBen08
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,594
Like?
WWII battle sites
In reply to karl eller, Nov 12, 2013

Especially the pacific, where the Marines battled the Japanese.

Rexgig0
Senior MemberPosts: 1,954Gear list
Like?
A peaceful Middle East, including Syria
In reply to karl eller, Nov 12, 2013

My trip of a lifetime, largely due to an interest in several eras of history, would include a slow, winding path through the Middle East, which, lamentably, is currently not the safest place for a tall, fair-skinned, blue-eyed person, with an East Texas accent, to be toting a camera.

-- hide signature --

I wear a badge and pistol, and, primarily with 7D cameras, with 10-22mm and 100mm Macro L lenses, shoot evidentiary images at night, which incorporates elements of portrait, macro, still life, landscape, architecture, PJ, and occasional action. During personal time, I enjoy using both Canons and Nikons.

Rexgig0's gear list:Rexgig0's gear list
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads