Hot Shoe Adapter?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
xtoonice
Junior MemberPosts: 42
Like?
Hot Shoe Adapter?
9 months ago

I have a Vivitar RC-200-ALL that I use on my A65. It works fine when I hook it on the in the remote port on the side of the camera and let it dangle, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to mount it on the hot shoe. I conclude that it must have been made for a different kind of hot shoe (sorry for the newbie-ness I've never used any other system, or SLR/SLT for that matter). This is what it looks like: http://prntscr.com/2302y4

Assuming that I am not missing a part, and it is indeed made for a different system, is this something that is fixable with an adapter?

Thanks.

Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
headfirst
Contributing MemberPosts: 584Gear list
Like?
Re: Hot Shoe Adapter?
In reply to xtoonice, 9 months ago

That looks like it was made for an ISO shoe, the A65 uses an iISO shoe. You can get an adapter for a few $s.

headfirst's gear list:headfirst's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
xtoonice
Like?
In reply to headfirst, 9 months ago

Thanks. Could you please indicate which one from here would meet my needs? http://dx.com/s/hot+shoe+adapter

I don't really want to accidentally order the wrong one

Thanks!

headfirst
Contributing MemberPosts: 584Gear list
Like?
In reply to xtoonice, 9 months ago
 headfirst's gear list:headfirst's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 +7 more
xtoonice
Like?
In reply to headfirst, 8 months ago

I bought a similar hot shoe adapter from Amazon because I did not want to wait too long and reviews were okay too.

I mainly bought it to use it with a wireless remote (Phottix Aion).

It seems that in order to use the remote, I still need to connect the remote receiver (which sits on the hotshoe adapter connected to the camera), *and* connect the receiver to the camera's remote port. In order word, the hotahoe serve as little more than hold the receiver so that it doesn't dangle around /get lot etc.

Is that as ecpected? I had thought that the hotahoe would've acted as a secondary connector for accessories and I could do without cable at all (i.e. the hotshoe itself would've allowed a remote receiver to connect to a camera.. just as the flash does).

Thanks.

Glenn
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,837
Like?
In reply to xtoonice, 8 months ago

xtoonice wrote:

I I had thought that the hotahoe would've acted as a secondary connector for accessories and I could do without cable at all (i.e. the hotshoe itself would've allowed a remote receiver to connect to a camera.. just as the flash does).

Thanks.

It does but for flashes not for remotes. Your base on your remote is cold (has no contacts in it) so it's just to hold it in place and not disturb the camera. the only other place on a camera to attach stuff is the tripod socket and that would defeat the purpose of your remote.

IanML
Senior MemberPosts: 1,032
Like?
In reply to xtoonice, 8 months ago

xtoonice wrote:

Thanks. Could you please indicate which one from here would meet my needs? http://dx.com/s/hot+shoe+adapter

I don't really want to accidentally order the wrong one

Thanks!

Pixel TF-325 will do what you want, and is good quality.  You won't need the remote cord.

-- hide signature --

Ian

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads