Fugifilm SL1000

Started 9 months ago | User reviews
George Walsh
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
Fugifilm SL1000
9 months ago
-- hide signature --

G. Walsh  I bought this camera after much soul searching. I am not a "pro" photographer and I doubt that I ever will be. I was initially fascinated by the intrigue of the DSLR type cameras, then I realized the expense and just plane burden of carrying around a bulky, heavy, complex ,group of stuff was unnecessary. I looked at several 'Bridge" cameras and found the Fujifilm SL1000 to fit my needs perfectly. It shoots in both Raw and Jpeg,optically stabilized, built -in flash,24-1200mm.lens,loads of settings has manual MASP,simple ,compact and very economic so if you do decide to go DSLR at some later time, it's not a big deal. To my [admittedly ] untrained eye the pictures I took last weekend were "great" in my opinion. It is a 16mp so I don't think I can blow them up to poster size -but adequate to my needs for right now. It will also shoot 10f/s which I haven't used yet but it's something I look forward to.

George Walsh's gear list:George Walsh's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000
George Walsh's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 2,953
Like?
Re: Fugifilm SL1000
In reply to George Walsh, 9 months ago

Congratulations on your new camera George. It would be great if you could post some of your pics to help out anyone interested in this camera. Thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

I've enlarged a 16MP HS25 images to poster size, and unless I stand close, the photo looks just fine. No, not the sort of thing that blows you out of your seat, but just fine all the same. If the SL1000's sensor is the same size as the HS series (1/2"?) then you can do poster size if you like.

TO be clear: poster size for me was 24"x30" or something to that effect.

cantanima's gear list:cantanima's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom Fujifilm X10
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,213
Like?
In reply to cantanima, 9 months ago

cantanima wrote:

I've enlarged a 16MP HS25 images to poster size, and unless I stand close, the photo looks just fine. No, not the sort of thing that blows you out of your seat, but just fine all the same. If the SL1000's sensor is the same size as the HS series (1/2"?) then you can do poster size if you like.

TO be clear: poster size for me was 24"x30" or something to that effect.

I've enlarged well-taken 12mp shots easily to 13x19, not quite poster size but much larger than normal. Shoot at low ISO for the best IQ and the results will stand up to printing pretty large.

Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 2,953
Like?
In reply to Midwest, 9 months ago

Pretty much all of the power zooms can deliver good quality at 16x20 (my favorite size) and I'm curious what this non EXR sensor (like in the HS series) shows at a large size.

alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,550Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, 9 months ago

It's non EXR but it is BSI same size sensor and type of sensor as the one in the HS10, with more MP.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Orion12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,472Gear list
Like?
In reply to alexisgreat, 9 months ago

alexisgreat wrote:

It's non EXR but it is BSI same size sensor and type of sensor as the one in the HS10, with more MP. . .

Here a Flickr link with some Pretty Decent SL1000 Pics. . .
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46750483@N05/

Cheers from OrionĀ 

Orion12's gear list:Orion12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D +4 more
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?

Your scores are somewhat whacked out. How can a moto-slow camera with slow lens be great in capturing action shot? Flash should help improve the IQ so why mediocre?

This cam should not exceed HS50 score in any department except longer reach. But even the SX50 don't show notable advantage over HS50 when it comes to resolving distant subject.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads