DXOMark rates Sony A7r the 2nd best camera ever.

Started Nov 1, 2013 | Discussions
Michel J
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,009Gear list
Like?
Re: DXOMark rates Sony A7r the 2nd best camera ever.
In reply to z36qc, Nov 3, 2013

z36qc wrote:

Take pictures with an A7r with a welded tripod to it, and probably you can have the best camera ever!

Agreed,

but I am not convinced by the body controls, and I'm not the only one?

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Michel J's gear list:Michel J's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,031
Like?
In reply to Michel J, Nov 3, 2013

Michel J wrote:

z36qc wrote:

Take pictures with an A7r with a welded tripod to it, and probably you can have the best camera ever!

Agreed,

Everyone's has different preferences but most of the early previews I've read have been positive when it comes to the controls and overall ergonomics.

Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,971
Like?
In reply to Shield3, Nov 3, 2013

Shield3 wrote:

2nd best camera, or 2nd best full frame image quality? There's a big difference. A7/r wouldn't be a very good sports camera at 1.5 FPS continuous AF would it?

That's the problem I have with several of the new cameras. I really value the continuous shooting speeds, one reason I like my a77. I also prefer the crop factor APS C cameras over the FF. To each his own. We do have some nice choices, don't we?

Jack

Michel J
Like?
In reply to Clayton1985, Nov 3, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

Michel J wrote:

z36qc wrote:

Agreed,

Everyone's has different preferences but most of the early previews I've read have been positive when it comes to the controls and overall ergonomics.

Does this camera have programmable buttons? If yes, which button can be programing and then with which command/feature/s? Then, if yes, can you programming alernatively AEL vs AF-lock toggle!?

As you can see, that makes many 'if....then', to get the perfect workflow environment what suggest a camera of it's class! No offense, but unfortuately and until all what you wrote could be proven, I would continue to seriously doubt about an "hassle free" and full efficiency in the field with these cameras (or maybe you have some information more to support your assertions, what we don't to date)!

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Michel J
« Having the latest gear is nice, but great photographers don't have to have it. They can shoot good stuff with anything »

Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +5 more
GuyMcKie
Contributing MemberPosts: 535
Like?
Re: Color response
In reply to Michaels7, Nov 4, 2013

A7r : 78

Nex6 : 85

A900 : 87

Weaker CFA really helps for better high iso values.

Plastek
Contributing MemberPosts: 573Gear list
Like?
Re: DXOMark rates Sony A7r - and noonce cares much, cause it's not mirrorless forum

Forum for mirrorless cameras: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/1042

here, as the forum title says, we discouss SLT/SLR cameras.

GuyMcKie
Contributing MemberPosts: 535
Like?
Re: DXOMark rates Sony A7r - and noonce cares much, cause it's not mirrorless forum
In reply to Plastek, Nov 4, 2013

Is it not allowed to compare the sensor in a mirrorless with one in a dslr?

Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,031
Like?
In reply to Michel J, Nov 4, 2013

Michel J wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Michel J wrote:

z36qc wrote:

Agreed,

Does this camera have programmable buttons? If yes, which button can be programing and then with which command/feature/s? Then, if yes, can you programming alernatively AEL vs AF-lock toggle!?

As you can see, that makes many 'if....then', to get the perfect workflow environment what suggest a camera of it's class! No offense, but unfortuately and until all what you wrote could be proven, I would continue to seriously doubt about an "hassle free" and full efficiency in the field with these cameras (or maybe you have some information more to support your assertions, what we don't to date)!

Are we reading the same words? I haven't asserted anything and everything I've written can be proven because I only said that early previews have been positive?? What are you saying that I asserted?

You made the comment that you are not convinced about the body controls yet you provide zero details of what led you to be "not convinced". If you're not convinced because you know nothing at all about the camera then why would you waste time posting that comment at all. Otherwise, it would suggest that you have seen or read something that makes you question the controls. Telling you that there are reports out there by those with experience using the camera and that they have been generally positive is information that you can use if you actually wanted to. Many of those that have used the camera have talked about the level of customization - some in detail. I don't have any assertions to support and I could care less if the camera is hassle free or fully efficient in the field but you can find out for yourself if you need to be know.

Michel J
Like?
In reply to Clayton1985, Nov 4, 2013

Clayton1985 wrote:

Michel J wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

Michel J wrote:

z36qc wrote:

Agreed,

Are we reading the same words? I haven't asserted anything and everything I've written can be proven because I only said that early previews have been positive?? What are you saying that I asserted?

I no offense but if it's "positive" what's happens if it's NOT usefull? (I mean not good ergonomics, what I don't care if it's just "overall good", because that makes no sense: ergonomy is good or it's not to my side, for a camera of it's class of price: period). Sorry for my syllogism, but a non-useful camera can't looks "positive" to my eyes, no matter what "early preview" said (or not)?!?!?!?

You made the comment that you are not convinced about the body controls yet you provide zero details of what led you to be "not convinced".

Sure it have many predominant elements, what tell to us! One of them is what it seems to happens with this camera already: why this crappy switch between AEL vs AF-lock is one point, (maybe THE point).

If I'm hungry and thirsty at the same time in a very special moment, then ready to go to a five stars restaurant. Why should I been forced to choose between eating OR drinking (without the two together never, unless I agree to eat standing up, when I have to sit down for drink! Wake up again to eat, and so on...)

You, would agreed it's _"positive"?_

If you're not convinced because you know nothing at all about the camera then why would you waste time posting that comment at all.

Not me, YOU start singing poetry without all the words of the song already (if I'm not wrong...)

Otherwise, it would suggest that you have seen or read something that makes you question the controls. Telling you that there are reports out there by those with experience using the camera and that they have been generally positive is information that you can use if you actually wanted to.

[...] come on, open your eyes, these bodies are sweeties ones. Good and attracting as well, but none the less.

Many of those that have used the camera have talked about the level of customization - some in detail. I don't have any assertions to support and I could care less if the camera is hassle free or fully efficient in the field but you can find out for yourself if you need to be know.

aha

My 0,02: Sony is very capable to produce dream cameras (A77+a99 was), but these are like A55 was for SLT, first of a new serie... And of course, they are volontarily just a tad immature (marketing law and rules) but just enough mature for it shouldn't appear as a deal breaker.

Best regards,

-- hide signature --

Michel J

rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,507Gear list
Like?
Actually, tied for first, but only sensor/RAW, not camera n/t
-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads