70D 7-shot bracket

Started 9 months ago | Questions
David Neese
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
70D 7-shot bracket
9 months ago

Trying to figure out how to do a 7-shot bracket. I can do three shot through Auto Exposure Bracket Menu, but can only get three and there seems to be negligible difference in the three shots. Thanks for any help

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mfait
Contributing MemberPosts: 550Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D 7-shot bracket
In reply to David Neese, 9 months ago

David Neese wrote:

Trying to figure out how to do a 7-shot bracket. I can do three shot through Auto Exposure Bracket Menu, but can only get three and there seems to be negligible difference in the three shots. Thanks for any help

The bracketing only supports 3 shots.

Sounds like you need to increase the AEB range.

mfait's gear list:mfait's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 450D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,349Gear list
Like?

At least on the 6D the number of bracketed shots is set in the Custom Function Exposure Menu.

To set how wide the brackets are I have added the Expo.comp/AEB menu selection to 'My Menu' after selecting it, turn the 'main dial' (the one by the shutter) and you will see the lines for each exposure spread out below the exposure compensation scale. If you have it set to 5 you will see 5 lines.

edit: You can also offset the bracketed exposures using exposure compensation.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
TTMartin
Like?
In reply to mfait, 9 months ago

mfait wrote:

David Neese wrote:

The 70D supports 2, 3, 5, or 7 shots, the same as the 6D.

Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
David Neese
Like?
In reply to mfait, 9 months ago

Okay. Thanks. The manual said three, but a few websites had it at up to 7 (even DPReview listed: AE Bracketing┬▒3 (2, 3, 5, 7 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps) @ http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/07/02/canon-announces-eos-70d-mid-range-SLR-with-dual-pixel-cmos-af-on-chip-phase-detection .

Maybe they were going to go to 7 but changed it.

David Neese
Like?
In reply to TTMartin, 9 months ago

TTMartin wrote:

mfait wrote:

David Neese wrote:

The 70D supports 2, 3, 5, or 7 shots, the same as the 6D.

mfait, how is this done on the 70D? Can only see option for 3. Thanks.

David Neese
Like?

Found it. Just as post above said - it is in Custom Function Exposure Menu. Thanks for everyone's help.

Excel Fotografia
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to David Neese, 2 months ago

Can somebody tell me how? (like step by step) i juts can't find the way to make a 2, 5 and 7 Bracketing with my 70D, and i¿m really going to need that function.

Do i need any firmware update?

Thanks anyway

nisda
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
In reply to Excel Fotografia, 2 months ago

Open the menu

goto the custom function tab (camera symbol 2nd in from  the right)

Pick Cfn I Exposure

Use the back wheel to select No 5 - number of bracked shots

Pick 3:7 shots

Press menu twice to get out.

Press Q to get up the quick menu screen

select the exposure compensation box - the one with numbers from -3 to 3.

Use the top wheel by the shutter button to pick you spread of exposures.

Take the photos either by using the shutter button with drive set to high speed or if on a tripod use the 2 seconds delay and it will take all 7 photos automatically.

Michele720
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
In reply to nisda, 1 month ago

nisda wrote:

Open the menu

goto the custom function tab (camera symbol 2nd in from the right)

Pick Cfn I Exposure

Take the photos either by using the shutter button with drive set to high speed or if on a tripod use the 2 seconds delay and it will take all 7 photos automatically.

This explanation worked PERFECTLY for me!  Thank you so much!  Made myself a cue card and stuck it in my bag for future reference, but I went out and shot alot of stuff after I learned how to get this camera to bracket without merging the photos, AND to get up to seven images bracketed.  Thanks!  Only thing I dont like is having to reset the Exposure Compensation everyt time you shut the camera off.  I'm wondering if there's a function to save my setting so I dont have to keep resetting it.

TTMartin
Like?
In reply to Michele720, 1 month ago

Michele720 wrote:

nisda wrote:

Open the menu

goto the custom function tab (camera symbol 2nd in from the right)

Pick Cfn I Exposure

This explanation worked PERFECTLY for me! Thank you so much! Made myself a cue card and stuck it in my bag for future reference, but I went out and shot alot of stuff after I learned how to get this camera to bracket without merging the photos, AND to get up to seven images bracketed. Thanks! Only thing I dont like is having to reset the Exposure Compensation everyt time you shut the camera off. I'm wondering if there's a function to save my setting so I dont have to keep resetting it.

Yes you can save it to your custom user setting (C on the mode dial), then when you want to do bracketing, just set the mode dial to C and the camera will be set exactly how it was when you saved the settings.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads