70D Rebate is here.

Started Oct 26, 2013 | Discussions
R2D2
Forum ProPosts: 14,644Gear list
Like?
70D Rebate is here.
Oct 26, 2013

The famous "Printer Kit" rebate is back, and now includes the 70D!

Check out B&H's new $300 kit rebate: 70D, 18-135 STM, 13x19 Printer, Paper, Extreme UHS1 card, Case, Battery. $2250 value all for only $1250 after rebate...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1010978-REG/canon_eos_70d_dslr_camera.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/123113_CANO_Offer.pdf

Sure wish they had this deal a couple of months ago when I bought mine!

Happy shopping,

R2

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 70D
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dave vichich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,800Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D Rebate is here.
In reply to R2D2, Oct 26, 2013

How does amazon handle returns on used items?

I bought my 70d with the 18-135 on the 21st of Oct.

-- hide signature --
 dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BillsLIPhotos
Contributing MemberPosts: 664
Like?

Yeah, I wish they had the deal when I bought mine as well. I knew it would come but I figured it wouldn't be until next year - lol.

RedFox88
Forum ProPosts: 21,930Gear list
Like?

So Canon has to resort to giving away printers to get them in the hands of the public?  Printing is dying, as is the SLR camera business.  Time to sell Canon stock?

R2D2
Like?
In reply to RedFox88, Oct 26, 2013

RedFox88 wrote:

So Canon has to resort to giving away printers to get them in the hands of the public? Printing is dying, as is the SLR camera business. Time to sell Canon stock?

This deal comes up every year.

R2

-- hide signature --

Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 15,099Gear list
Like?
In reply to dave vichich, Oct 26, 2013

dave vichich wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200572800

GuardianFlash
Senior MemberPosts: 1,409Gear list
Like?

Wish Canadian websites offer rebates for 70D.

GuardianFlash's gear list:GuardianFlash's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
Sid911
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
In reply to GuardianFlash, Oct 26, 2013

Thanks,

I am kinda new to this whole rebate thingy.

So is it that I purchase the camera and the printer at full cost, and then print out a form or something, snail mail the form and my receipt, and then wait for them (canon? B&H??)to return my money back to my credit card?

Could someone tell me what's the process like?

Thanks!

Sid911's gear list:Sid911's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
TraceyS
Senior MemberPosts: 2,707Gear list
Like?

Is there a chance this would "sell out" by the end?
I'm not sure if I can round up the $$ by the end of December (good incentive though!), but I'd love to do this..... 
Thanks!

-- hide signature --

Tracey

TraceyS's gear list:TraceyS's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,880Gear list
Like?
In reply to dave vichich, Oct 26, 2013

dave vichich wrote:

-- hide signature --

Supposedly 30 days to return. I know B&H has a rule that limits still and video use on a new camera even if it is less than 30 days whatever their policy is.

This is why I will never buy a digital camera from Amazon. The collective "we" ends up buying recycled digital products because Amazon does not have the quality control of B&H.

trust me I understand saving $300 is a lot of money, but if one is prepared to spend it one should be prepared to loose it.

Thing like filters and bags I would consider amazon, just not expensive cameras or lenses IMO.

skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,583Gear list
Like?
In reply to R2D2, Oct 27, 2013

R2D2 wrote:

Check out B&H's new $300 kit rebate: 70D, 18-135 STM, 13x19 Printer, Paper, Extreme UHS1 card, Case, Battery. $2250 value all for only $1250 after rebate...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1010978-REG/canon_eos_70d_dslr_camera.html

Happy shopping,

R2

-- hide signature --

They had this deal when i bought 60D three years ago. It was too much hassle and I didn't want the printer, so I ignored it and just started shooting with 60D.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
dave vichich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,800Gear list
Like?
In reply to ryan2007, Oct 27, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

dave vichich wrote:

-- hide signature --

Supposedly 30 days to return. I know B&H has a rule that limits still and video use on a new camera even if it is less than 30 days whatever their policy is.

This is why I will never buy a digital camera from Amazon. The collective "we" ends up buying recycled digital products because Amazon does not have the quality control of B&H.

trust me I understand saving $300 is a lot of money, but if one is prepared to spend it one should be prepared to loose it.

Thing like filters and bags I would consider amazon, just not expensive cameras or lenses IMO.

The way I read their return rule is that the item must be in new condition in it's original packaging.

So, is a camera with 500 shots in new condition, maybe not, then it falls into an area where there's a 20% restocking fee.

So the if that's the case, and I'm not sure if you'd know before Amazon gets the camera, the restocking fee would be about $310.

I'd still have the card and the printer (that I don't need) add to the fact that I believe the camera that I have is working about as good as I could have hoped for, plus the copy of the 18-135 seems very sharp, I think I'll just stick with what I have.

But if I hadn't have bought it a week and a half ago, I'd have been all over this.

davev.

-- hide signature --
 dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,953Gear list
Like?

I know a lot of people buy these DSLR + printer bundles with the intention of selling the printer and "saving" even more money that way but I just searched ebay for the PIXMA PRO-10 and out of a dozen or two (didn't actually count) listings for the printer, I only saw one with a bid on it and it was $99.  This is obviously NOWHERE near the $699 MSRP.  I've done this same type of very fast (and not necessarily conclusive) research in the past and seen the same thing every time.  Anyone and everyone can buy these printer bundles and most have the same idea.

I think if you want a printer these are obviously great deals but if you're looking to "piece the kit out" and make money (or "save" more) then you're in for some headaches.  That said, the price for the kit + printer and paper includes a $300 rebate that the camera + lens doesn't have.  So even if you decide to throw the printer and paper away, you're saving $300 with this deal over the 70D + 18-135 which is great!  Additionally, you could easily sell the 18-135 for $300 (again, checking ebay there are several for sale but none have bids) and net the 70D for $949 (or less if you manage to get more for the lens and/or anything for the printer).

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +13 more
dv01
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to Jonathan Brady, Oct 27, 2013

Amazon is pretty liberal when it comes to returns, you can probably get what you want if you try hard enough.

sum-won
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro-10 are selling on eBay for $350 & up.
In reply to Jonathan Brady, Oct 27, 2013

Jonathan Brady wrote:

I know a lot of people buy these DSLR + printer bundles with the intention of selling the printer and "saving" even more money that way but I just searched ebay for the PIXMA PRO-10 and out of a dozen or two (didn't actually count) listings for the printer, I only saw one with a bid on it and it was $99. This is obviously NOWHERE near the $699 MSRP. I've done this same type of very fast (and not necessarily conclusive) research in the past and seen the same thing every time. Anyone and everyone can buy these printer bundles and most have the same idea.

I think if you want a printer these are obviously great deals but if you're looking to "piece the kit out" and make money (or "save" more) then you're in for some headaches. That said, the price for the kit + printer and paper includes a $300 rebate that the camera + lens doesn't have. So even if you decide to throw the printer and paper away, you're saving $300 with this deal over the 70D + 18-135 which is great! Additionally, you could easily sell the 18-135 for $300 (again, checking ebay there are several for sale but none have bids) and net the 70D for $949 (or less if you manage to get more for the lens and/or anything for the printer).

Since people often bid in the last seconds of the auction, it's important to check the "completed listings" on eBay and not the current, "active" listings. Several Pixma Pro-10 printers sold this month (Oct 2013) for prices ranging $349 to $699 with varying amount of Canon photo paper included and some with free shipping. The ones selling for $699 with 3 packs of paper are being sold by a retailer. Most of the cheaper ones were without the UPC codes so, by individuals who bought the bundle. So, it's possible to sell off the items in the bundle and do well.

-- hide signature --

sum-won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pmjacoby.com/

sum-won
Regular MemberPosts: 119
Like?
B&H $700 instant savings ends today - 10/28/2013 on 70D bundle.

R2D2 wrote:

Happy shopping,

R2

-- hide signature --

The link above from OP to B&H includes $700 in instant savings from B&H and that ends TODAY (10/28/2013). With the instant savings, the price comes down from $2249 to $1549 before the Canon $300 rebate. The $300 rebate is good through the end of the year but, the $700 instant savings from B&H ends 10/28/13 (TODAY).

-- hide signature --

sum-won
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pmjacoby.com/

R2D2
Like?
Re: B&H $700 instant savings ends today - 10/28/2013 on 70D bundle.
In reply to sum-won, Oct 27, 2013

sum-won wrote:

The link above from OP to B&H includes $700 in instant savings from B&H and that ends TODAY (10/28/2013). With the instant savings, the price comes down from $2249 to $1549 before the Canon $300 rebate. The $300 rebate is good through the end of the year but, the $700 instant savings from B&H ends 10/28/13 (TODAY).

Good catch.  Incredible deal for anyone ready to purchase.

R2

-- hide signature --

wihakowi
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
In reply to ryan2007, Oct 27, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

If, by this, you are alluding that Amazon "re-sells" used goods that are returned to it as new, I think you are off-base.

Unless you can provide proof to your allegation, my experience has been:

* If you buy an (any item) from Amazon and you use it and find it problematic - as in defective or not operating as you expected - and you return it, it either gets resold as used or returned to the manufacturer to be "refurbished". As far as I know, this is the same as any outlet including B&H.

* If you receive an item and open it (or not) and don't like it or it simply isn't what you want and you return it in new condition (no shutter activations on a camera,no paper or toner through a printer) it gets inspected and returned to stock. This is identical to what happens at a brick and mortar store when you stand at the counter and try a lens or look at a body that has been removed from its box for you to do so! I know that to be fact as I've done it at B&H as well as other stores. You inspect the merchandise in the store and for some reason you are not interested ... it goes back in its original packaging and back "on the shelf". There are folks - I've watched them - who stand at a retail counter and try several identical lenses until they decide which one they are going to purchase. The un-chosen lenses go back to stock.

Do the above amount to "The collective "we" ends up buying recycled digital products"?

If you choose to look at Amazon with that viewpoint then I think it only fair that you look at all outlets - retail only, mail-order only or those that sell both ways - under the same conditions.

Steve

wihakowi's gear list:wihakowi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +8 more
DAVEBUCK
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
In reply to R2D2, Oct 28, 2013

I am strongly considering pulling the trigger for this.  If you look at sales history on E-Bay, the printer has been selling for about $350 new and the lens is about $300 new. So if you add in $300 canon rebate, you are looking at a price of $600 for the camera body only.  That is a phenomenal price!!

DAVEBUCK's gear list:DAVEBUCK's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Tee Dub
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
In reply to sum-won, Oct 28, 2013

Just a heads up if you miss today's special @ B&H.....

$1549. is the going price with the 18-135 lens. With the 18-55mm lens it can be had for $1349 from the Canon site. They are offering a deal on lenses too.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/cameras/eos-camera-bundles/canon-eos-70d-bundles

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads