Panasonic LVF2 is it worth?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
jcr20190
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Panasonic LVF2 is it worth?
11 months ago

Hi, i have been thinking on buying the lvf2 for my gx1 but im not sure if it would be a good buy, like 1/3 of my pics are macro related, half of the time i use manual focus, also i dont have plans on buying another camera with integrated viewfinder at least in the next 1-2 years, should i buy it?

Marti58
Forum ProPosts: 18,915Gear list
Like?
My bet you will love it
In reply to jcr20190, 11 months ago

i think its a great addition to the GX1

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Marti58's gear list:Marti58's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Samsung HZ35W Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P500 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
NCV
NCV
Contributing MemberPosts: 751Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic LVF2 is it worth?

Transformd the camera ( I bought it much used secondhand) from a cheap "briefcase" camera that I bought for my work to one of my favorite cameas ever. The EV2 is very good.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
benwood
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?

I almost never take my lvf2 off the camera, and shoot 95% of my photos through it.  Outdoors, esp, just can't beat it.

-- hide signature --

-- Ben

benwood's gear list:benwood's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +2 more
jcr20190
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?

Thanks for your answers, i forgot to say i use glasses, could it be a problem?

jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,529Gear list
Like?

jcr20190 wrote:

Hi, i have been thinking on buying the lvf2 for my gx1 but im not sure if it would be a good buy, like 1/3 of my pics are macro related, half of the time i use manual focus, also i dont have plans on buying another camera with integrated viewfinder at least in the next 1-2 years, should i buy it?

It's definitely worth it.

I got my GX1 for my girlfriend to use. She was a bit daunted at first, but once i popped the LVF2 onto it, she LOVES it!

So, yeah, worth the price and it extends the GX1's functionality quite a bit!

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Marti58
Forum ProPosts: 18,915Gear list
Like?

jcr20190 wrote:

Thanks for your answers, i forgot to say i use glasses, could it be a problem?

no worries i wear them too, its no problem.

read this :

http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/systemcamera/gms/gx1/optional_accessories.html#acc01

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Marti58's gear list:Marti58's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Samsung HZ35W Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P500 +27 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,095Gear list
Like?

Absolutely, yes.  When I tried the GX1, I bought the LVF 2 with it.  I didn't keep the camera, but if I had, the LVF2 would have lived on it.  It's an excellent viewfinder and I highly recommend it.

-J

brentbrent
Contributing MemberPosts: 870Gear list
Like?
In reply to benwood, 11 months ago

benwood wrote:

I almost never take my lvf2 off the camera, and shoot 95% of my photos through it. Outdoors, esp, just can't beat it.

-- hide signature --

-- Ben

+1

One more benefit:  I need reading glasses to clearly see the LCD.  With the diopter adjustment in the LVF2, no need for reading glasses.

One downside:  Now that I'm hooked on the LVF2, I do miss the small size of the GX1 without it, so that's impetus to move up to the GX7.

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +8 more
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 2,223Gear list
Like?

I have one and love it. Almost all of these are fine with glass and have a diopter adjustment. The only downside is having to manual click between LVF and screen. Its easy and I am used to it, but it is annoying. Also I would love to be able to still select a focus area with the touch screen with my thumb while viewing through the LVF. But overall it's high quality and totally worth having on during the day.

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
artyone
Regular MemberPosts: 369Gear list
Like?
very handy
In reply to jalywol, 11 months ago

I have one and find it very handy with all lenses.

A must if you manual focus. I use a nikon 50mm via adapter alot and the LVF2 has been awesome to get the focus spot on

artyone's gear list:artyone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads