Started Oct 9, 2013 | Discussions
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Boehner: "There will be no unconditional surrender"
In reply to Jeff Charles, Oct 9, 2013

Are you a writer at MSNBC?

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lee Jay
Forum ProPosts: 45,314Gear list
Like?
In reply to rb59020, Oct 9, 2013

rb59020 wrote:

Are you a writer at MSNBC?

Are you a student, in preschool?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Lee Jay's gear list:Lee Jay's gear list
Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Brian
Forum ProPosts: 12,137
Like?
In reply to Lee Jay, Oct 9, 2013

ljfinger wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

RobertSigmund wrote:

A sad example of the way right wingers think about politics.

Man, this is not about saving your face, it is about the future of the USA and the world which will suffer as well from a US bankruptcy!

why isnt the exact same true of Obama?

He's not extorting anyone, and his is not the branch of government in charge of the purse strings.

just like those on the right that want to stand their ground Obama has said the same thing - He is willing to talk AFTER the right agrees to give hime everything he wants

He already has what he wants. The boneheads on the right want to take it back, despite not having near enough votes to do so. Since they don't have the votes, they want to do it by extortion and are willing to hurt the country to do it. They are betting than the Democrats care more about the country than they do and are therefore willing to violate the constitution by giving the right what they want in order to save the country from the current hostage situation.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

If he already has what he wants, then there should be know issue.  Defunding BO care isn't hurting america.  I don't know anyone who isn't paying more for health care next year because of BO care.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Lee Jay
Like?
In reply to Brian, Oct 9, 2013

Brian wrote:

If he already has what he wants, then there should be know issue.

The Repubs want to take it away.

Defunding BO care isn't hurting america. I don't know anyone who isn't paying more for health care next year because of BO care.

I have been paying more for health care every year for the past two decades, and that was without the ACA.  Health insurance companies have failed miserably both to contain health costs and to provide even a modest bit of customer service.  They are the absolute worst industry that has ever existed on this planet.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Canon IXUS 310 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,282Gear list
Like?

Brian wrote:

You haven't been paying attention. The issue is the House Republicans threatening to do harm to the country to get what they want. Whatever that is at the moment. It is hostage taking. It is extortion.

Defunding BO care isn't hurting america. I don't know anyone who isn't paying more for health care next year because of BO care.

Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't carry much weight. If the ACA turns out to be a failure, the right can make its repeal an issue in the 2014 and 2016 elections. Worked for Romney.

-- hide signature --

Jeff
"Look it up. It's science." Skinny Pete

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Sony a6000 +5 more
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?

Jeff Charles wrote:

Brian wrote:

You haven't been paying attention. The issue is the House Republicans threatening to do harm to the country to get what they want. Whatever that is at the moment. It is hostage taking. It is extortion.

its not "hostage taking" its wanting changes made to a law

this is nothing unusual changes are made to laws every day - the republicans were totally locked out when this law was passed - they were not allowed any input at all and none of them supported what was passed.

the left stood on the necks of the republicans and told them f-you

well guess what - the American people voted in enough republicans after that happened so that it wouldnt happen again and now the republicans want their input

the left, by not allowing the republicans any input on obamacare did this to themselves.

and you people on the left some how thought things would change if Obama won reelection, you actually thought the only thing republicans cared about was defeating Obama in the last election and that if he won they republicans would just cave to obama and abandon the principals and ideas that they ran on

fools

Your personal anecdotal evidence doesn't carry much weight. If the ACA turns out to be a failure, the right can make its repeal an issue in the 2014 and 2016 elections. Worked for Romney.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
HVL-F20AM Flash

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Lee Jay
Like?
In reply to edwardaneal, Oct 9, 2013

edwardaneal wrote:

Jeff Charles wrote:

Brian wrote:

its not "hostage taking" its wanting changes made to a law

Changes for which they don't have the votes, nor are they close to it.  Changes the President has the right to veto, and the Repubs couldn't override.  Changes the Repubs, lacking the votes to make them, are now trying to make through extortion, plain and simple.

this is nothing unusual changes are made to laws every day - the republicans were totally locked out when this law was passed - they were not allowed any input at all and none of them supported what was passed.

And they were locked out because the Dems did have the votes.

the left stood on the necks of the republicans and told them f-you

They had every right to - they were elected by the people.

well guess what - the American people voted in enough republicans after that happened so that it wouldnt happen again and now the republicans want their input

The Dems no longer have a filibuster-proof majority, but the Repubs don't have a veto-proof majority either, nor are they anywhere close to it.

the left, by not allowing the republicans any input on obamacare did this to themselves.

No, the people voted the Dems that many votes.

and you people on the left some how thought things would change if Obama won reelection, you actually thought the only thing republicans cared about was defeating Obama in the last election and that if he won they republicans would just cave to obama and abandon the principals and ideas that they ran on

No, we knew the Repubs would have no morals or ethics after the election, just as before.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay
Like?
Let me ask you a question, Edward.

Let's say Romney won the last election, but the House and Senate remained as they are now.

How would you feel about the Senate refusing to fund the government or pay the national debt until Romney agreed to raise marginal tax rates and reduce deductions and exemptions for everyone above the median?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Let me ask you a question, Edward.

ljfinger wrote:

Let's say Romney won the last election, but the House and Senate remained as they are now.

How would you feel about the Senate refusing to fund the government or pay the national debt until Romney agreed to raise marginal tax rates and reduce deductions and exemptions for everyone above the median?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

You mean taxes on the evil rich people only, right? The freeloaders don't pay taxes.

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
edwardaneal
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

y, but the Repubs don't have a veto-proof majority either, nor are they anywhere close to it.

but the people did not know at that time that the Dems would resort to special tricks to shut the Republicans completely out of the health care debate

why do you think the republicans swept to victory in the house in the election immediately following Obamacare - - - are you actually silly enough to think it was because the people were so happy with the stunts the democrats pulled to force obamacare through?

why do you think the people imeadiatly took those votes that they gave democrats before obamacare away after they did what they did?

like I said - the democrats did this to themselves - they locked the republicans completely out, this wasnt what the people wanted and now the democrats no longer have the power they did before

perhaps the house and senate democrats should have done the healthcare bill the right way with input from all sides, perhaps if they had actually tried to pass a bipartisan health care reform bill we wouldnt be here and this on going gridlock would never have happened

oh well they made their bed as they say

No, we knew the Repubs would have no morals or ethics after the election, just as before.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
HVL-F20AM Flash

Lee Jay
Like?

rb59020 wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

You mean taxes on the evil rich people only, right? The freeloaders don't pay taxes.

I wasn't talking to you, but if you want to answer, then answer the question I asked.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay
Like?

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

y, but the Repubs don't have a veto-proof majority either, nor are they anywhere close to it.

but the people did not know at that time that the Dems would resort to special tricks to shut the Republicans completely out of the health care debate

why do you think the republicans swept to victory in the house in the election immediately following Obamacare

Because the opposition virtually always gains at midterms.

- - -are you actually silly enough to think it was because the people were so happy with the stunts the democrats pulled to force obamacare through?

You are avoiding the issue.

why do you think the people imeadiatly took those votes that they gave democrats before obamacare away after they did what they did?

Why do you think the people gave the White House back to Obama, and took seats away from the Repubs in both houses of Congress at the election after that?

like I said - the democrats did this to themselves - they locked the republicans completely out,

No, the people did.  And the Democrats did what they did legally.

this wasnt what the people wanted and now the democrats no longer have the power they did before

The Republicans have almost no power, with a slim majority in one house of Congress.

perhaps the house and senate democrats should have done the healthcare bill the right way with input from all sides, perhaps if they had actually tried to pass a bipartisan health care reform bill we wouldnt be here and this on going gridlock would never have happened

You didn't answer any of my points.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

edwardaneal
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

I probably wouldnt like it, But like I said the democrats started this - they used reconciliation the so called Nuclear Option to force Obamacare on the republicans

so tell me - if it was okay with you for the left to use the "nuclear Option" on the republicans why is it not okay for the right to use it right back when they have the chance.

The left started this and it is called the "nuclear Option" for a reason - the Democrats should have known not to start this war, but they didnt care

-- hide signature --

NEX-7 & Sigma 30mm f/2.8
HVL-F20AM Flash

Lee Jay
Like?

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

I probably wouldnt like it, But like I said the democrats started this - they used reconciliation the so called Nuclear Option to force Obamacare on the republicans

so tell me - if it was okay with you for the left to use the "nuclear Option" on the republicans why is it not okay for the right to use it right back when they have the chance.

The Democrats had the votes - both houses of Congress, a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, and the White House.  You really can't see the difference between having the votes, and not having the votes?  How dishonest can you get?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 33,431Gear list
Like?

rb59020 wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

You're begging his question.

Brian
Like?

ljfinger wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

The Democrats had the votes - both houses of Congress, a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, and the White House. You really can't see the difference between having the votes, and not having the votes? How dishonest can you get?

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Yeah, you like to rewrite history don't you.  The Dems having the house senate and WH still didn't agree on things.  If they did, they would have had a single payer system.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Brian
Like?

Jeff Charles wrote:

Brian wrote:

They aren't threatening anything of the sort.  They have provided solutions which BO doesn't like.

How did that work for Romney?  I feel like I live in LA LA land.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

-- hide signature --

Brian

Lee Jay
Like?

Brian wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

edwardaneal wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

The Democrats had the votes - both houses of Congress, a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate, and the White House. You really can't see the difference between having the votes, and not having the votes? How dishonest can you get?

Yeah, you like to rewrite history don't you. The Dems having the house senate and WH still didn't agree on things. If they did, they would have had a single payer system.

The bill was passed 60-39 in the Senate.  QED.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Lee Jay
Like?

Brian wrote:

Jeff Charles wrote:

Brian wrote:

They aren't threatening anything of the sort.

You're right - they've actually made good on their threat and are now actually harming the country.

They have provided solutions which BO doesn't like.

And for which they don't have the votes.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay

Jeff Charles
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,282Gear list
Like?

Brian wrote:

Jeff Charles wrote:

Brian wrote:

They aren't threatening anything of the sort. They have provided solutions which BO doesn't like.

Such as?

How did that work for Romney? I feel like I live in LA LA land.

That was sarcasm.

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Jeff Charles's gear list:Jeff Charles's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Sony a6000 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads