Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
vadimraskin
Senior MemberPosts: 3,540Gear list
Like?
Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...
11 months ago

Looks like BO offered talks after the GOP opens the Government and agrees to SHORT-TERM debt ceiling increase. his offer even allows to set a mechanism for future debt extensions. What does Bonehead do? No guesses here: refuges again. He is now the even deeper sht than before. I hope everyone sees the GOP tactwhey your what they really are: pure extortion and hostage-taking. The hostage in this case is the whole country!

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
rb59020
Contributing MemberPosts: 668Gear list
Like?
Re: Obama makes an offer to negotiate but Bonehead refuses...
In reply to vadimraskin, 11 months ago

Poor Obama, as we get closer to the 17th he looks more desperate.

rb59020's gear list:rb59020's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rb59020
Like?

Here are to quotes from your savior himself way back in ancient history.

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

— Sen. Barack Obama, floor speech in the Senate, March 16, 2006

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic." -- July 3, 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama

Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Nikon D5200 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
lanefAU
Senior MemberPosts: 3,915
Like?

I am not surprised, the TParty American Jihadist is the most dangerous and reckless group in living memory for the US in the 21st century. They are on a suicide mission and they want to take the whole country with them.

vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to rb59020, 11 months ago

rb59020 wrote:

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can’t pay its own bills. ... I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit.”

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic." -- July 3, 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama

Shocking news: Barack Obama is a politician! Stop the press!

And the fact that he said all this gives GOP an excuse to push the country back into Resession?

Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to rb59020, 11 months ago

rb59020 wrote:

I thought you wanted him to talk? So now he is "desperate"?

i hope you see your own inconsistency.

Allochka Emiliana
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107
Like?

vadimraskin wrote:

Looks like BO offered talks after the GOP opens the Government and agrees to SHORT-TERM debt ceiling increase. his offer even allows to set a mechanism for future debt extensions. What does Bonehead do? No guesses here: refuges again. He is now the even deeper sht than before. I hope everyone sees the GOP tactwhey your what they really are: pure extortion and hostage-taking. The hostage in this case is the whole country!

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic."

-- hide signature --

July 3, 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama

Brian
Forum ProPosts: 10,849
Like?

Just because BO opens his mouth does not mean he is willing to negotiate. What he is willing to offer only helps him.
--
Brian

vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to Allochka Emiliana, 11 months ago

Allochka Emiliana wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents — #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic."

-- hide signature --

July 3, 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama

You are too later with this stuff, Princess. Someone beat you to it

vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to Brian, 11 months ago

Brian wrote:

Just because BO opens his mouth does not mean he is willing to negotiate. What he is willing to offer only helps him.
--
Brian

How? And since when is America in Civil war? I thought we are supposed to be working together to improve the country, not score political victories.

Leo G
Senior MemberPosts: 2,917
Like?

vadimraskin wrote:

How is this what the house asked from our president.  obummer said he will negotiate with the house AFTER they give him everything he is asking for.  So after he gets everything he wants, what reason does he have to negotiate.

The house wants to negotiate with him now.  They want to negotiate what it will take to get the gov back up and running.  If they give him what the administration wants, obummer will double cross them and will not negotiate in good faith.

-- hide signature --

Leo G
Nikon D70s -- Nikon SB 600 -- 18-70mm AF-S DX -- 50mm f/1.8D - 70-300mm AF-S VRII
Olympus C-750 -- Vivitar 550FD -- Vision Optics 0.48x Wide/Macro, +1,+2,+4 Diopters
Minolta X-700 film -- Tokina 28-70mm -- Gemini 80-205mm

lownine
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,155
Like?

vadimraskin wrote:

Brian wrote:

--
Brian

How? And since when is America in Civil war? I thought we are supposed to be working together to improve the country, not score political victories.

Thank you.  Those are my precise thoughts every time I see him stroll to the microphone.

Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,093Gear list
Like?
I don't doubt that he's desperate

vadimraskin wrote:

rb59020 wrote:

I thought you wanted him to talk? So now he is "desperate"?

i hope you see your own inconsistency.

He's facing a desperate situation. Either he gives in to the Republican Demands, which are essentially, "Let us rule America," or he allows the country to go to financial ruin. At BEST, in return for giving in to Republican demands, he faces more blackmail in a few months.

So, he's going to have to face up to the reality of these horrible choices. Destroy the country whatever he does. His best bet, is that the moderates in the Republican Party FINALLY stand up, with people like Peter King, and force a vote. That might actually happen.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to Leo G, 11 months ago

Leo G wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

How is this what the house asked from our president. obummer said he will negotiate with the house AFTER they give him everything he is asking for. So after he gets everything he wants, what reason does he have to negotiate.

The house wants to negotiate with him now. They want to negotiate what it will take to get the gov back up and running. If they give him what the administration wants, obummer will double cross them and will not negotiate in good faith.

-- hide signature --

Leo G
Nikon D70s -- Nikon SB 600 -- 18-70mm AF-S DX -- 50mm f/1.8D - 70-300mm AF-S VRII
Olympus C-750 -- Vivitar 550FD -- Vision Optics 0.48x Wide/Macro, +1,+2,+4 Diopters

Why? Because the House repubs want to overturn the Law, not merely debate the spending policy or lines in the Budget like in the good old days, that's why. They hate the Law, they lost elections but a few morons got in the Congress on the backs of drunken rednecks poisoned by the rich right wingers, who would love to save a few bucks on the health insurance for their slaves. Now these morons in the House decided to take the Government hostage and demand a ransome from the President. Today they want changes to ACA, tomorrow they will want something else.

Obama is 100% right: open the Government, pay your bills and let's talk like adults, not having guns pointed at your head. He offered GOP to set up mechanisms for the future debt increases to insure that the negotiations do happen.

Read the real news, not just Fox

Brian
Like?

Leo G wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

How is this what the house asked from our president. obummer said he will negotiate with the house AFTER they give him everything he is asking for. So after he gets everything he wants, what reason does he have to negotiate.

The house wants to negotiate with him now. They want to negotiate what it will take to get the gov back up and running. If they give him what the administration wants, obummer will double cross them and will not negotiate in good faith.

-- hide signature --

Leo G

Why? Because the House repubs want to overturn the Law, not merely debate the spending policy or lines in the Budget like in the good old days, that's why. They hate the Law, they lost elections but a few morons got in the Congress on the backs of drunken rednecks poisoned by the rich right wingers, who would love to save a few bucks on the health insurance for their slaves. Now these morons in the House decided to take the Government hostage and demand a ransome from the President. Today they want changes to ACA, tomorrow they will want something else.

Obama is 100% right: open the Government, pay your bills and let's talk like adults, not having guns pointed at your head. He offered GOP to set up mechanisms for the future debt increases to insure that the negotiations do happen.

Read the real news, not just Fox

Keep drinking that juice.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Brian
Like?

vadimraskin wrote:

Brian wrote:

--
Brian

civil war?  don't know anything about a civil war.  I do know a piece of law that was written by Democrats for Democrats, but affects all Americans.

I have dozens of friends who's health care cost are dramatically increasing next year.  I only know a couple that have even looked into BO care.

How is this any better than the system we have?  It isn't.  It isn't a step in the right direction either.  The right on the other hand has had their opportunities to fix this, but they haven't so they are just as bad.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?

vadimraskin wrote:

rb59020 wrote:

And the fact that he said all this gives GOP an excuse to push the country back into Resession?

More to the point, it shows the difference between being a member of the opposition and the reality of being the President. The right wing morons pick up on this sort of thing because they are clueless about what it really means.

The fact is though, republicans hate America. The real irony is that it will be the rich republitards who lose the most if the USA defaults and their currency becomes toilet paper.

Enjoy your depression.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

rb59020
Like?
In reply to Wheatfield, 11 months ago

Can't wait!

vadimraskin
Like?
In reply to Brian, 11 months ago

Brian wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

Brian wrote:

--
Brian

civil war? don't know anything about a civil war. I do know a piece of law that was written by Democrats for Democrats, but affects all Americans.

I have dozens of friends who's health care cost are dramatically increasing next year. I only know a couple that have even looked into BO care.

How is this any better than the system we have? It isn't. It isn't a step in the right direction either. The right on the other hand has had their opportunities to fix this, but they haven't so they are just as bad.

-- hide signature --

Brian

My healthcare cost has actually decreased for the first time in 15 years. Not by much but it did. In the last ten years it went up some 50% even before ACA was even introduced. What are you talking about? the healthcare burden was killing businesses everywhere because medical costs dramatically increased. Why do you think Obama started this movement to begin with? Contrary to the claims of right nuts, the absolute majority of the un-insured people are living in the GOP controlled states (Texas is the worst one). These people are driving the cost up and up by a) going to ER for a simple procedures and not paying the bill, b) skipping routine preventive medical care because they can't afford a visit to the doctor and getting skier and sicker and finally costing the Government thousands of their care because they, again, can't afford the hospital bills and end up on the Emergency Medicaid, c)Hospitals had to raise prices to cover unpaid invoices.

The Law isn't perfect (no such thing will ever exist) but it tries to address the root of the problem by expanding the  pool of the people covers by insurance and allowing insurance companies to level the cost of the healthcare versus income coming in.

sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
In reply to Wheatfield, 11 months ago

Wheatfield wrote:

vadimraskin wrote:

rb59020 wrote:

More to the point, it shows the difference between being a member of the opposition and the reality of being the President. The right wing morons pick up on this sort of thing because they are clueless about what it really means.

The fact is though, republicans hate America. The real irony is that it will be the rich republitards who lose the most if the USA defaults and their currency becomes toilet paper.

Enjoy your depression.

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

Don't you have your own POS country to worry about? I can't imagine caring so much about other people's politics. You are some kind of freak. BTW, way to ignore what Obama said and pass that right off!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads