Started Oct 6, 2013 | Discussions
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Olympus TG-2:The Best Travel Camera of the 2013-2014 by EISA
Oct 6, 2013

Congradulations to Olympus.

http://www.eisa.eu/award/43/european-travel-camera-2013-2014.html

Personally I love to watching the improovements of the Olympus product. Especially They did the right choice by cutting the P&S cam line in to these

Enthusiast Camera : XZ-2

Pocketable P&S     : XZ-10

Rugged  Camera   : TG-2

Zoom Camera       : SH-50

Don´t understand me wrong; As a XZ-1 user I also love previous models (SZ series are also very capable ones no wonder.). But between them there were many "useless" beginner P&S cams... rugged cams, that does not know how to swim.... etc etc... But now its just as clear and as good.

Congradulations Olympus.

Ben.

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Aaron Sur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041
Like?
Re: Olympus TG-2:The Best Travel Camera of the 2013-2014 by EISA
In reply to Ben O Connor, Oct 7, 2013

Hi Ben ,

have they cut it down to these models in Europe?

still try to sell a lot of rubbish over here, painted blue,green , purple you name it. As soon as they start with the gaudy colors you know its no longer about technology or quality its heading for that cheap and cheerful corner!

Aaron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ben O Connor
Contributing MemberPosts: 847Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus TG-2:The Best Travel Camera of the 2013-2014 by EISA
In reply to Aaron Sur, Oct 13, 2013

Hi Aaron

Sorrry to reply a bit  late to this.

Well there still bunch of crappy cams are on the stock, also on the shelves at Europe. I told it based on that news mate.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/08/09/olympus-stems-loses-but-pen-sales-disappoint?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_4_12

So there is a hope at least.

Regards

Ben

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads