D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to TOF guy, 10 months ago

If anyone knows me on here, they know my D600 story. If not let me refresh people.

I bought my first D600 when they came out and within a few weeks knew something was wrong. I first started defending nikon (like the fanboy I was) and saying it is just normal dust and soon realized it was not normal dust. A clear pattern of why this was happening emerged. I apologized to people on these forums for arguing with them and admitted the issue. That body has well over 15,000 shutter count last time I checked it.

With the help of nicholas at copper hill images, I was able to start cleaning my sensor and even bought a second D600 for my wedding business. I bought the second D600 months back and it too has the issue. Now truth be told, I have had to only touch up a few actual photos that showed any spots. I shoot weddings mostly and do some studio work and at f2.8-f11 ranges. At this point I clean the sensor every few months and really have seen the issue on my bodies get better with each cleaning.

My point is that it has never stopped me from producing the images I need. The photos coming out of this camera are pure amazing and I love the dynamic range. It has really helped me step up my game.

Now I fully understand how this can be a time consuming issue if you shoot a specific way in a specific setting.

I am disappointed with nikons handling of this issue and that is why I will not send my cameras into them for this issue. I personally would rather clean it and enjoy the camera and not risk someone taking my camera apart and causing some other issue down the road. I choose to stick to the devil I know.

As far as a D610 release, I say good for them if they actually did a whole new design to fix it but shame on them at the same time for not having a consistent fix for the problem once it was found. I personally WOULD NOT BUY A D610 UPON RELEASE!!!!

The idea of buying any other nikon camera upon release seems to be a very very bad idea to me. I also dont think selling a D600 solely because of this issue makes sense unless you are in that group of people that shoot time critical photos that are in the F stop range and you dont have a way to clean the sensor or have time to touch up if need be. I have a feeling the group of people that actually meet that standard are small.

I would not sell my D600's at a $1,000+ loss per body just to obtain a D610 because of dust/oil. The issue gets better over time. If this was an issue that made the camera shut down, corrupted files or complete system failure, I would trade in but not for dust/oil. Maybe some people are wealthy and more power to you if you can take the loss but financially it makes no sense to me. Same thing with the sb-900/sb-910. Yes if you shoot a certain way you need the 910 but the majority I bet would have been fine using the 900. This is not approval for nikons behavior but I am just saying the grass may be less oily on the other side but it may also contain a cobra snake

 Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,677Gear list
Like?
No... Ker Slap
In reply to Shotcents, 10 months ago

Shotcents wrote:

Ker-SLAP! That's the sound of Nikon slapping D600 owners with a new version of the camera WITHOUT the oil problems.

was the annoying sound of the D700 shutter in the quiet church service and people looking at you with frowns.. (also with S2/S3/D200/D300 models i have owned)

Finally fixed, firstly by the D7000.. a pleasure to work with and now the similarly quiet D600... even without the Q mode

At last Nikon caught up sufficiently with Canon in that regard

It has been embarrassing to shoot next to another Pro with a 5D?? quietly whirring away during the service and then my KerSlap D700 letting go like a firework. Don't mention blimps..

I'm sure the D610 will be a winner.. with another Sony sensor certainly, it would be.

As you say below....I too would like another cheap D600 please

I don't want one for free. (Okay, MAYBE for free!

Robert

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

 Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Peter Budd
Contributing MemberPosts: 860Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to rubicon, 10 months ago

rubicon wrote:

Maybe by D640, I'll have my faith restored in Nikon?? Love my D700, works just as advertised, and no oil changes needed same weather sealing as D3, sorry I'll pass.

Now let the flames begin.

Rubicon:

And I have never had to focus adjust any lens to get sharp photos on my D700

-- hide signature --

Peter
GMT

 Peter Budd's gear list:Peter Budd's gear list
Nikon D700 Pentax K-3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,677Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Nikonfan99, 10 months ago

Nikonfan99 wrote:

If anyone knows me on here, they know my D600 story. If not let me refresh people.

I bought my first D600 when they came out and within a few weeks knew something was wrong. I first started defending nikon (like the fanboy I was) and saying it is just normal dust and soon realized it was not normal dust. A clear pattern of why this was happening emerged. I apologized to people on these forums for arguing with them and admitted the issue. That body has well over 15,000 shutter count last time I checked it.

With the help of nicholas at copper hill images, I was able to start cleaning my sensor and even bought a second D600 for my wedding business. I bought the second D600 months back and it too has the issue. Now truth be told, I have had to only touch up a few actual photos that showed any spots. I shoot weddings mostly and do some studio work and at f2.8-f11 ranges. At this point I clean the sensor every few months and really have seen the issue on my bodies get better with each cleaning.

My point is that it has never stopped me from producing the images I need. The photos coming out of this camera are pure amazing and I love the dynamic range. It has really helped me step up my game.

Now I fully understand how this can be a time consuming issue if you shoot a specific way in a specific setting.

I am disappointed with nikons handling of this issue and that is why I will not send my cameras into them for this issue. I personally would rather clean it and enjoy the camera and not risk someone taking my camera apart and causing some other issue down the road. I choose to stick to the devil I know.

As far as a D610 release, I say good for them if they actually did a whole new design to fix it but shame on them at the same time for not having a consistent fix for the problem once it was found. I personally WOULD NOT BUY A D610 UPON RELEASE!!!!

The idea of buying any other nikon camera upon release seems to be a very very bad idea to me. I also dont think selling a D600 solely because of this issue makes sense unless you are in that group of people that shoot time critical photos that are in the F stop range and you dont have a way to clean the sensor or have time to touch up if need be. I have a feeling the group of people that actually meet that standard are small.

I would not sell my D600's at a $1,000+ loss per body just to obtain a D610 because of dust/oil. The issue gets better over time. If this was an issue that made the camera shut down, corrupted files or complete system failure, I would trade in but not for dust/oil. Maybe some people are wealthy and more power to you if you can take the loss but financially it makes no sense to me. Same thing with the sb-900/sb-910. Yes if you shoot a certain way you need the 910 but the majority I bet would have been fine using the 900. This is not approval for nikons behavior but I am just saying the grass may be less oily on the other side but it may also contain a cobra snake

Well balanced report there... No denial or fanboyism either.

looks like we will have plenty of choice in the used market.. and cheap too.

A little work to do if you get one that does have an issue. Hopefully it will be just someone who didn't like the first spot and panicked after reading posts here.

I think many will gain.. first time FX ( D610 )purchasers will have a great camera.

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

 Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
toomanycanons
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,507
Like?
Re: Begging the question...
In reply to user_name, 10 months ago

"The bigger question now is what is to become of all the current owners of dusty/oily D600s?"

They'll either slide down the slippery slope of pixel peeping madness till they're just slobbering in a corner somewhere, curled up in the fetal position.

Or they'll recognize this as just another test from God as to how they can handle some minor life travail, rise above the recriminations and anger and, indeed, become better people and photographers because of it.  Your choice, I guess.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
chipmaster
Contributing MemberPosts: 528Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to TOF guy, 10 months ago

ROFL laughing

New camera with 0.5 FPS and more body sealing, yup those were the clear things that required upgrading one year later after release.

Nikon should be manly enough tos say

NEW IMPROVEd SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

and put it on the sticker on the 610 box.  Its amazing what a little less grease/oil will do to speed up the shutter when it isn't throwing any of that stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I have a D600 and D4.  Actually my D600 is my second one as I liked its combo of performance, price, and super quiet shutter for event shooting where quiet shutter is appreciated.    The first D600 was an oily mess, returned to COSTCO.  The second one I've done two wet cleans thru 8K shots, had the shutter replaced and cleaned just 3 weeks ago from Nikon.  I can only hope that they replaced with with the new and improved shutter in the D610 and I am going to be taken care of.     Hmm, maybe Nikon slipped me an upgrade and my D600 does 6 FPS

 chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Shaun_Nyc, 10 months ago

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

rubicon wrote:

Maybe by D640, I'll have my faith restored in Nikon?? Love my D700, works just as advertised, and no oil changes needed same weather sealing as D3, sorry I'll pass.

Now let the flames begin.

Rubicon:

Ker-SLAP! That's the sound of Nikon slapping D600 owners with a new version of the camera WITHOUT the oil problems.

..and I have inside word from melville HQ's that it will have 1/8000 ss & 1/250 sync and Expeed 4 processing ! Msrp will be 1899.00 !

Oh boy!

Some of us got slapped almost as hard with the release of the SB910 flash, which fixed SB900 issues and left those owners upset and selling on Craigslist.

but we got some cool useless 1 stop gels and a lame carrying case

Always useful on Halloween to cut candle glare in the pumpkins.

My buddy picked up a D600 on Friday for 800 bucks and someone has another one on craigs (in NY) for 700 dollars.

the place to shop !

Yup. I picked up a mint 300mm AF-S F4 off Craigs for 650.00 and there's only a little blood on it.

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: Begging the question...
In reply to toomanycanons, 10 months ago

Very true. I eventually made up my mind of not making a mountain of an issue for myself. Nicholas at copper hill images got me over the fear of cleaning my sensor and if it shows up in an image I resolve it with a few clicks. If the sensor gets very dirt prior to a shoot, I clean it.

In all honesty the first 5,000-10,000 clicks seemed to be the worst and the lubrication greatly reduced over time. Again may not be okay if you shoot in a specific way. I have enough stress in my life as most people. I try to keep as many grey hairs away when I can

I say better to be a photographer instead of an arm chair photographer/bench test man.

 Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to toomanycanons, 10 months ago

toomanycanons wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

rubicon wrote:

Maybe by D640, I'll have my faith restored in Nikon?? Love my D700, works just as advertised, and no oil changes needed same weather sealing as D3, sorry I'll pass.

Now let the flames begin.

Rubicon:

Ker-SLAP! That's the sound of Nikon slapping D600 owners with a new version of the camera WITHOUT the oil problems.

Some of us got slapped almost as hard with the release of the SB910 flash, which fixed SB900 issues and left those owners upset and selling on Craigslist. My buddy picked up a D600 on Friday for 800 bucks and someone has another one on craigs (in NY) for 700 dollars.

I don't want one for free. (Okay, MAYBE for free!

Robert

Oh, your buddy did, huh? Sorry, I don't believe it. No offense.

Not offended, just check the Craigslist Philly listings. The D600 is still listed for 700.00 and you can at least believe half of what I'm saying.

The D600 will sell cheap now.

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
saralecaire
Regular MemberPosts: 366
Like?
Re: Begging the question...
In reply to user_name, 10 months ago

Obviously D600 owners are screwed. If Nikon didn't bother to do a recall for a common known issue, don't expect them to do anything for those users once an "improved" model comes out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,677Gear list
Like?
what would be nice.. but controversial is..
In reply to chipmaster, 10 months ago

chipmaster wrote:

ROFL laughing

New camera with 0.5 FPS and more body sealing, yup those were the clear things that required upgrading one year later after release.

Nikon should be manly enough tos say

NEW IMPROVEd SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

NEW IMPROVED SHUTTER 6FPS

and put it on the sticker on the 610 box. Its amazing what a little less grease/oil will do to speed up the shutter when it isn't throwing any of that stuff!

Don't get me wrong, I have a D600 and D4. Actually my D600 is my second one as I liked its combo of performance, price, and super quiet shutter for event shooting where quiet shutter is appreciated. The first D600 was an oily mess, returned to COSTCO. The second one I've done two wet cleans thru 8K shots, had the shutter replaced and cleaned just 3 weeks ago from Nikon. I can only hope that they replaced with with the new and improved shutter in the D610 and I am going to be taken care of. Hmm, maybe Nikon slipped me an upgrade and my D600 does 6 FPS

Nikon to bring out firmware for existing D600 users that let the  (probably already capable) shutter go to 1/8000th and sync go up 1/250th.

Give it a couple of weeks after the D610  release of course.. don't want to upset the hornets nest too quickly.

A nice sweetener eh?

Is that a flying pig I see... ?

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

 Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,538
Like?
Friend just got one for $500
In reply to Shotcents, 10 months ago

Shotcents wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

rubicon wrote:

Maybe by D640, I'll have my faith restored in Nikon?? Love my D700, works just as advertised, and no oil changes needed same weather sealing as D3, sorry I'll pass.

Now let the flames begin.

Rubicon:

Ker-SLAP! That's the sound of Nikon slapping D600 owners with a new version of the camera WITHOUT the oil problems.

Some of us got slapped almost as hard with the release of the SB910 flash, which fixed SB900 issues and left those owners upset and selling on Craigslist. My buddy picked up a D600 on Friday for 800 bucks and someone has another one on craigs (in NY) for 700 dollars.

I don't want one for free. (Okay, MAYBE for free!

Robert

Oh, your buddy did, huh? Sorry, I don't believe it. No offense.

Not offended, just check the Craigslist Philly listings. The D600 is still listed for 700.00 and you can at least believe half of what I'm saying.

The D600 will sell cheap now.

Robert

with the kit lens off Craigslist in notheast PA, the previous owners wanted more of a P&S, the D600 wasn't for them....his gain.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to CFynn, 10 months ago

Nikon always claimed the weather sealing in the D600 was as good as that in the D800

So, apart from the fixed shutter, it seems you may only get a slightly better FPS.

Exactly!It will be very interesting to see how Nikon words the release.  Their reputation hangs on it and any bugs in the D610.  If they don't say the shutter has been fixed then there is no reason to assume that it IS!

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to TOF guy, 10 months ago

TOF guy wrote:

According to nikonrumors:

http://nikonrumors.com/

  • Slightly higher fps 6 vs. 5.5
  • D800-grade weather sealing

As far as NR knows

-- hide signature --

Thierry - posted as regular forum member

Maybe that "flushing" sound you hear coming from Melville, NY. is the value of your D600s going down the toilet! sorry for you, its a darn shame you folks were left to suffer.

When I first heard of the D600, I wanted it to replace my D700, from day to day service and move it to my zoo camera and retire my D200 to just occasional use. When I first read of D600s being tested I was more thrilled it was just what I wanted to make the transition to all FX, then owners reports came in and in and in! and it appeared Nikon just turned a deaf ear to the mounting problems, first I said "I'll wait awhile longer" it got worse, nothing out of Nikon, but "mumbo jumbo" and I just decided to forget it all together, so! now, I'm looking for a nice D300, to take the duty of my zoo photo work, and I've turned my back on any new Nikon camera, I have been looking at the Canon SL1, for a light weight day to day kit.

Just a shame guys, I always felt Nikon stood for the best in quality, in photographic equipment, I hope all you D600 users find a way to redeem your purchase value.

Rubicon:

 rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Re: Friend just got one for $500
In reply to Petruska, 10 months ago

Petruska wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

toomanycanons wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

rubicon wrote:

Maybe by D640, I'll have my faith restored in Nikon?? Love my D700, works just as advertised, and no oil changes needed same weather sealing as D3, sorry I'll pass.

Now let the flames begin.

Rubicon:

Ker-SLAP! That's the sound of Nikon slapping D600 owners with a new version of the camera WITHOUT the oil problems.

Some of us got slapped almost as hard with the release of the SB910 flash, which fixed SB900 issues and left those owners upset and selling on Craigslist. My buddy picked up a D600 on Friday for 800 bucks and someone has another one on craigs (in NY) for 700 dollars.

I don't want one for free. (Okay, MAYBE for free!

Robert

Oh, your buddy did, huh? Sorry, I don't believe it. No offense.

Not offended, just check the Craigslist Philly listings. The D600 is still listed for 700.00 and you can at least believe half of what I'm saying.

The D600 will sell cheap now.

Robert

with the kit lens off Craigslist in notheast PA, the previous owners wanted more of a P&S, the D600 wasn't for them....his gain.

And there was another D600 on Craigs this morning that claimed it had a "repaired shutter and no oil issue." He was asking 750.00. The listing is gone. Probably sold it fast.

I'd take a good D700 over the D600.

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to rubicon, 10 months ago

Just a shame guys, I always felt Nikon stood for the best in quality, in photographic equipment, I hope all you D600 users find a way to redeem your purchase value.

Rubicon:

Honestly, you can always redeem by taking some good photos.

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Shotcents, 10 months ago

I agree. The amazing thing is the cameras still work

They take photos and ones that have great dynamic range and just look beautiful with detail that I never saw on my previous nikons. I also did not buy my D600's as an investment to sell later. I purchased it to use in my business. If I was not using it for business I would have bought it to shoot with it and would use it for a few years and upgrade when the time came. Any piece of camera equipment besides some high end glass is a bad investment if you look at it as a future return when you look at it. It is not a stock or a gold bond. It is an artistic tool that is digital and will be outdated and have great value loss over time. Yes some exceptions exist based on current camera releases but for the most part digital cameras are not financial investments. Will the d600 have a higher loss in value do to this stigma? Yes it sure will but truth be told I will use it while it makes me money and others will use it as a tool till it gets outdated or dies or they decide they want a new toy and if they are buying out of having extra money laying around, so be it.

 Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,905Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Nikonfan99, 10 months ago

Nikonfan99 wrote:

I agree. The amazing thing is the cameras still work

They take photos and ones that have great dynamic range and just look beautiful with detail that I never saw on my previous nikons. I also did not buy my D600's as an investment to sell later. I purchased it to use in my business. If I was not using it for business I would have bought it to shoot with it and would use it for a few years and upgrade when the time came. Any piece of camera equipment besides some high end glass is a bad investment if you look at it as a future return when you look at it. It is not a stock or a gold bond. It is an artistic tool that is digital and will be outdated and have great value loss over time. Yes some exceptions exist based on current camera releases but for the most part digital cameras are not financial investments. Will the d600 have a higher loss in value do to this stigma? Yes it sure will but truth be told I will use it while it makes me money and others will use it as a tool till it gets outdated or dies or they decide they want a new toy and if they are buying out of having extra money laying around, so be it.

If you bought a D600 to actually take photos, then you made a good investment.

But most people in these forums take very few photos.

Robert

 Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nikonfan99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,411Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Shotcents, 10 months ago

I have been avoiding these D600/D610 forums for the past few months because I got tired of people arguing back and forth or just making a mountain out of an ant hill.

I had put a lot of time into going back and forth explaining what was causing the issue and how to clean the sensor and not to think a repair is going to resolve the design flaw. In the end it was all for nothing. Perhaps some people started to clean the sensor and took advantage of all that this camera has to offer or perhaps they sold the camera at a huge loss thinking that some magical flawless new device exists.

I feel the D800 is overkill for some users and the D600 stigma has caused an increase in people opting for the used D700 units. Soon a D600 alternative will emerge and people will jump on it as they often do and they will perhaps jump too early. I would rather be in the group that gets the most use out of my D600 Instead of the group that sold a perfectly great camera at a $1,000+ loss and got the new toy only to find out that the new toy may come with a new issue.

Cameras are getting to be like cellphones in some ways and people want the latest and greatest. Nikon will happily take more of peoples money as long as they are willing to part with it.

like I said, very few people would ever meet the standard where the D600 would not be useful or manageable even with this issue. Nikon on the other hand is counting on the ones that are willing to be the new test subjects. Hey if someone has some extra cash burning a hole in the pocket go right for it. I can see it now....

Subject line: D610 _____(fill in the blank) issue.

 Nikonfan99's gear list:Nikonfan99's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
reps2
Contributing MemberPosts: 637Gear list
Like?
Re: D610 to be announced within 48 hours (as of 10/5)
In reply to Bajerunner, 10 months ago

Bajerunner wrote:

Lol. Maybe just what they have done. With better shutter mechanism, better weather sealing, sounds like the budget D700 replacement (vs D800).

Yees! But with no 10-pin socket, and no round, screw-in eye-piece, it would be exasperating!

-- hide signature --

Richard

 reps2's gear list:reps2's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads