XA1 ISO2500

Started Oct 5, 2013 | Discussions
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
XA1 ISO2500
Oct 5, 2013

Just got the camera this morning.   Busy with work so no time to shoot yet.   This is RAW of my child at ISO2500

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
forpetessake
Senior MemberPosts: 3,894
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO2500
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 5, 2013

The child looks good, the picture looks misfocused. Were you using manual lens?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO2500
In reply to forpetessake, Oct 5, 2013

forpetessake wrote:

The child looks good, the picture looks misfocused. Were you using manual lens?

yep, he never stops not for a second and I was trying to focus with Konica 50/1.7 manual lens.   I mainly posted this for noise considerations on RAW files, as most reviews on XA1 out there talks about jpeg engine.

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Davidgilmour
Senior MemberPosts: 1,237Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO2500
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 5, 2013

Absolutic wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

The child looks good, the picture looks misfocused. Were you using manual lens?

yep, he never stops not for a second and I was trying to focus with Konica 50/1.7 manual lens. I mainly posted this for noise considerations on RAW files, as most reviews on XA1 out there talks about jpeg engine.

Could you make a picture that is in focus?

 Davidgilmour's gear list:Davidgilmour's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm X-A1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO2500
In reply to Davidgilmour, Oct 5, 2013

Davidgilmour wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

The child looks good, the picture looks misfocused. Were you using manual lens?

yep, he never stops not for a second and I was trying to focus with Konica 50/1.7 manual lens. I mainly posted this for noise considerations on RAW files, as most reviews on XA1 out there talks about jpeg engine.

Could you make a picture that is in focus

I shall

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO3200
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 6, 2013

in focus

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nikoj
Contributing MemberPosts: 783Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO3200
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 6, 2013

That looks really, really good. How is the AF compared to x100, for instance?

 nikoj's gear list:nikoj's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Re: XA1 ISO3200
In reply to nikoj, Oct 6, 2013

nikoj wrote:

That looks really, really good. How is the AF compared to x100, for instance?

I only have 16-50 lens so far (35 1.4 is coming in the mail). I can't wait to use the 35 1.4 on XA1 because 35 1.4 is a magical lens and everything comes together with it.

The AF with 16-50 is clearly faster than X100. It also feels faster than my fomer XE1 with 18-55, however I don't have the XE1 now so I am going by memory.

One thing with XA1 is that it is so small that it might be difficult to hold at first. However, I happened to own a thumb grip http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Mirrorless-Digital-Cameras-Type-A/dp/B00D62VZBW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381036072&sr=8-2&keywords=thumb+grip

that I tried to use with XE1 before, but it always fell out from the hot shoe because it was too loose. With XA1's hot shoe it goes it perfectly and stays in. With thumb grip, it is very comfortable to handhold.

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Absolutic
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,745Gear list
Like?
Jpegs
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 7, 2013

a few jpeg snaps..... with 16-50. Can't wait for 35/1.4!

 Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keit ll
Senior MemberPosts: 2,879Gear list
Like?
Re: Jpegs
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 7, 2013

Given the relatively slow shutter speeds the output from that lens looks good !

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Jpegs
In reply to Absolutic, Oct 7, 2013

These look pretty good, the 16-50 looks better than the copy of the 18-55 I had

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads