XZ-1 Autumn Evening

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
PON307G
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
XZ-1 Autumn Evening
9 months ago

Below are a few more images taken this week durning evening walks at our local reservoir. The changing light, sky and reflections on the water are a challenge. Comments welcome.

Blue Heron

Canadian Geese

Refections on the water

Smooth as glass

One lone jogger against the sky

Larry C.

PON307G's gear list:PON307G's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X-E1
Hgreblo1
Regular MemberPosts: 233Gear list
Like?
Re: XZ-1 Autumn Evening
In reply to PON307G, 9 months ago

Larry, these are fine shots; thanks for sharing them with us.  Please keep your nice images coming

Hal

Hgreblo1's gear list:Hgreblo1's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak EasyShare Z712 IS Kodak EasyShare Z885 Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus PEN E-PL1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Aaron Sur
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?

Hi Larry,

I really like the last shot the cloud patterns in the sky and the silhouette of the runner add a great mix to the scene.

The third shot shows where the sensor has lost it in the shadows , the treeline has turned to mush, pretty much all detail lost.It is a fine line as light levels fall when the camera is going to lose detail.My experience is that the Raw images hold much more detail although noise still has to be dealt with.

Aaron

PON307G
Like?
In reply to Aaron Sur, 9 months ago

Aaron,

Once again thank's for your comments, you have a good eye for detail and great knowledge of photography. The last image I posted yesterday was also my favorite of that lot. I usually take at least one image there against the ever changing sky when conditions are right.

Oh yes jpeg. One of the reasons I choose Olympus for my first digital camera was because of the quality of the jpeg images directly out of the camera. They just seem to be more appealing to me for use in my water colour artwork, and the other was the iZUIKO lens 

I probably do need to shoot more raw images, and begin to experiment with post processing. The only program I have on my computer is Apple iPhoto because that's what came with my mac. Any suggestions for (inexpensive) programs that run on mac?

Regards,

Larry C.

Aaron Sur
Contributing MemberPosts: 869
Like?

Gday Larry

Mate I did not have much use for computers until a professional photographer friend came to see me approximately 15 years ago with a coolpix 990 and I laughed at him till my sides hurt.It was a steep learning curve but ever since I have worked with windows computers and now a bit of Linux ubuntu and build my own PCs.For some reason never went with Macs they were very expensive here in Australia and I used to run a printing software called Qimage that only came for windows.

Raw Therapee is a comprehensive free Raw editor, it can be buggy but the latest version seems to work ok.I have a soft spot for Snapseed it was made by some of of the most talented guys in the photo software business called NIK software but got snapped up by Google. the desktop version was $20 but is discontinued apparently available through google + now . I think an Ipad version is still out there.Make sure your screen is calibrated by some method especially if you want to print and have plenty of Ram although the 10MB or so Raw files from the XZ-1 arent to hard to for most hardware to handle.Olyviewer is not too bad either.

Aaron

PON307G
Like?
In reply to Aaron Sur, 9 months ago

Cheers Aaron,

Thanks for the tips, good oil! Truth is, the reason I went to Apple is it just seemed that everything on my old IBM based machine seemed to be proprietary, and fought with me every day. Number one son has set me up now with the iMac, and things are a little better for me now;-)

I plan to shoot a few frames in raw this weekend, and then use my existing iPhoto program to see where that takes me. It looks to be very primitive which should work to my advantage. I will try to post again next week if all goes well?

Regards,

Larry C.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads