How do you embed images from the new Flickr into a post on DPR?

Started Oct 3, 2013 | Questions
WT21
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,659Gear list
Like?
How do you embed images from the new Flickr into a post on DPR?
Oct 3, 2013

I can't seem to figure it out, and a search turned up some old ways, but I don't see how they map to the latest Flickr release.

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN E-P3 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Ray Ritchie
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,779
Like?
Re: How do you embed images from the new Flickr into a post on DPR?
In reply to WT21, Oct 3, 2013

Once you have the size image that you want to post from Flickr on your screen, just right-click on it and choose "Copy Image Address." Then on the DPR editor select "Insert Image from web," and paste the URL from Flickr into the URL field.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Simon Joinson
dpreview AdminPosts: 4,431Gear list
Like?

WT21 wrote:

I can't seem to figure it out, and a search turned up some old ways, but I don't see how they map to the latest Flickr release.

Yeah flickr tries to stop you doing this, but you can by right clicking on an image in your stream and picking one of the sizes. You can then right-click on the image displayed and use our 'insert image from web' tool. You can also extract the URL from the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' option in the share menu. It's a pain (and, apparently, against their user agreement rules).

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
fotophool
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,790
Like?
Here's How

In Flickr, click on the picture you want to upload/display in DPR.

Pause for a minute to make sure it's fully loaded on your screen.

Now right click the picture and choose the size you want to display. (If you aren't shown the size options on a right click, then you haven't waited long enough.)

When the picture size you've chosen displays, right click again and choose Copy Image Address.

Now when you're posting in DPR and want to insert the picture, look up at the Task Bar and the last thing over on the right is a mountain scenery icon with a down arrow. Click on it and choose the first option, Insert Image From Web.

When that window opens, paste the image address you copied earlier.

fotophool

My Flickr Pics

Grand Tetons with a Panny LX7

shortchord
Forum MemberPosts: 51Gear list
Like?
In reply to Simon Joinson, Oct 4, 2013

Simon Joinson wrote:

WT21 wrote:

Yeah flickr tries to stop you doing this, but you can by right clicking on an image in your stream and picking one of the sizes. You can then right-click on the image displayed and use our 'insert image from web' tool. You can also extract the URL from the 'Grab the HTML/BBCode' option in the share menu. It's a pain (and, apparently, against their user agreement rules).

It is not against their rules per se, but they require you to provide a link back to the original image on Flickr.

shortchord's gear list:shortchord's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads