Ricoh Caplio GX100 Users

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,190Gear list
Like?
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Users
6 months ago

Do we still have any left here?

It's the last digital camera from Ricoh that I haven't used or reviewed, all other's I've used and know well including the GX200. I know that there aren't many differences between the 100 and 200 and, that the GX100 has slightly better IQ from raw files (and jpegs if you set the camera right).

I have something to say about the GX100 on my blog soon that is kind of interesting, it's going to be a sort of time machine review of sorts.

Curious if you have any links to reviews done by others that are of very high value amongst the community. I know AdamT here really liked/likes the GX100's Jpegs and the camera overall, for example.

Thanks,
Carl

http://www.photographic-central.blogspot.com (Gear reviews)
http://www.carlgarrard.blogspot.com/ (Best work compilation)
Also formerly AlphaMountWorld.com (Now off the web)

Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh Caplio GX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,044Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh Caplio GX100 Users
In reply to cgarrard, 6 months ago

There was an other thread here about it in 2011 I think it was. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3110418#forum-post-40048372

I had a GX100 myself, though only for a short period of time. I didn't like the artifacts or oversharpened jpegs a lot compared to the GRDI and some other Ricohs and it didn't seem to add anything compared to the GRD except for the zoom. While jpegs not was impressive to me at least Raw was useful.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,420Gear list
Like?

Not exactly user, more like a back-up camera. Find it useful for details in city streets and the noise is fine. Not fond of the lens cap and the EVF not what I had hoped for. Would like to know of the best jpeg settings.

Just now a GRD and a GXR with some modules came to a friend, maybe swap it for one of those. Never tried GXR, but several GRDs...

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
cgarrard
Like?
In reply to eilivk, 6 months ago

eilivk wrote:

Not exactly user, more like a back-up camera. Find it useful for details in city streets and the noise is fine. Not fond of the lens cap and the EVF not what I had hoped for. Would like to know of the best jpeg settings.

Personally I prefer to always turn NR off and sharpness to the lowest setting- to process the least in camera and keep as much detail as possible. Then sharpen after. Contrast etc to taste.

Just now a GRD and a GXR with some modules came to a friend, maybe swap it for one of those. Never tried GXR, but several GRDs...

I find the GXR brillant, but too big and bulky. When I go small, I want small enough to fit in a pocket and still give me all the control I crave- GR and GX cameras do that. Even my G15 is bigger than I'd like for a pocket camera. Ricoh nailed the size just right in the GR/GX cameras- large enough to have controls, small enough and light enough to keep in pocket.

Ricoh ought to make a 3rd generation GX, and let go of the GXR concept.

Carl

eilivk
Like?

Thanks for the information on GX100! Will try and see if I like the result. And looking forwards to review of the camera.

No GXR appeared. Not to hijack this thread (making another).

Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 16,596
Like?

cgarrard wrote:

It's the last digital camera from Ricoh that I haven't used or reviewed, all other's I've used and know well including the GX200. I know that there aren't many differences between the 100 and 200 and, that the GX100 has slightly better IQ from raw files (and jpegs if you set the camera right).

I have something to say about the GX100 on my blog soon that is kind of interesting, it's going to be a sort of time machine review of sorts.

Curious if you have any links to reviews done by others that are of very high value amongst the community. I know AdamT here really liked/likes the GX100's Jpegs and the camera overall, for example.

Thanks,
Carl

Carl

I have one in good condition, I use it occasionally and like what it does, I would never part with it but it was the GRD that rang my bells.  Lots of people talked about the "necessity" of a zoom version of the GRD but I don't think it sold in huge numbers.  Those that really liked the GX100/200 really really liked it and still have a complain from time to time about the lack of the non-existant GX300.  When Ricoh made the "GX300" as the S10 module for the GXR it was even less popular (I think).  So I think that the reality was that the GX series was not nearly as popular as those that still love it (I do) make out.

Panasonic made the LX1 before the GX100 and the latter camera was heaps better in my opinion.  But I think Panasonic thought they owned the territory and made the LX3 (I think, or was it the LX4) with a list of features as long as your arm and marketing clout as well.  I think that Panasonic put Ricoh on notice that it was not going to be allowed on the LX model patch.

We never hear of the LX any more and maybe even Panasonic has abandoned "the type".  So that style of short-zoom small-sensor camera wasn't a retailer's till-buster perhaps.   People could buy less sophisticated bigger-zoom cameras for quite a lot less if I remember correctly.   (Including multiple models of Ricoh's own R and CX series cameras).

However I would think it fair comment that there would be a higher proportion of GX cameras sold that are still being used (if only occasionally) than there are LX cameras still in at least occasional use.

Lots of Ricoh users abandoned Ricoh for the LX model, some of them may have come back, I do remember demands being made of Ricoh for a faster lens (don't worry about the distortion on the LX lens) and a feature by feature match of what the LX could do.

I would be interesting to have a review of what the attractivenes of the LX was that led to the demise of the GX model and why rusted in GX owners still love the camera and dream of a GX300.

I think that Ricoh's experience with a "GRD with a zoom" second string line when added to the variable success of the module concept - they might have thought customers would have battered the doors down for a CX with raw and other gooddies (P10) or the same as in the born-again GX (S10).  Nope ... too big, sensor too small ... great products but ingrained prejudice dies hard - they might correspondingly be quite shy to stake their gold watch on multiple GR models no matter how much cheering goes on from the forum.

So they make a GR50 and some buy it - sales are 30% of the present GR28, the GR28 popularity goes down by 30%.  Complaints are laid as what they really wanted was a GR35 - sales are 20% of the present GR28, the GR28 sales go down by 20%.  Others says this is simply not good enough they really really should have made a GR40!

So they give in and make a GR40.  Sales are 10% of the present GR28 and the GR28 sales go down by 10%.

So in the end they have 15% GR40, 25% GR35, 35% GR50 and 40% GR28 = 115% (well overall sales would rise a bit) over four models  - even someone who doesn't count beans could see that it doesn't work.  A new model comes out - hooray.  Word is that the GR40 did not sell well - us "vultures" will be thirsting for the fire sale (as we do).  The only way it would work is if overall sales went up by 400% and Ricoh was able to balance production precisely to demand.  A hard ask.

All the time I am crying: "I want a GR85 'portrait' and make it f2.0 and pocketable!"   But in the end I give up and get my Jupiter-9 out and put it on the GXR-M and try and forget about the crop factor.   Well maybe the 55mm f1.8 Takumar will do and I don't like carrying cameras in my pockets anyway.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Tom Caldwell
Like?

cgarrard wrote:

eilivk wrote:

Personally I prefer to always turn NR off and sharpness to the lowest setting- to process the least in camera and keep as much detail as possible. Then sharpen after. Contrast etc to taste.

I find the GXR brillant, but too big and bulky. When I go small, I want small enough to fit in a pocket and still give me all the control I crave- GR and GX cameras do that. Even my G15 is bigger than I'd like for a pocket camera. Ricoh nailed the size just right in the GR/GX cameras- large enough to have controls, small enough and light enough to keep in pocket.

Carl

You can't be serious Carl?

The GX was a good camera but must have been a market nightmare for Ricoh it surely was not a big seller. The market for zoom is convenience (and cheap) not sophistication. So when Ricoh makes a sophisticated zoom the market yawns no matter how many with the camera think it the bees knees.

The GRD/GR succeeds because there are (just) enough around who will pay for a sophisticated prime lenses carry about camera. Those that had the GRD were well aware that the GX was not a GRD on steroid zoom but a necessary step back in performance to get a zoom lens. This was accepted to a degree but when Panasonic brought out a new LX with fast (distorted) lens the potential GX300 users melted away - surely Ricoh was not going to compromise lens quality to make it fast like the LX and just as surely small quality zoom camera users were not going to by a GX300 unless the lens was as fast as the LX. That is the real nuts and bolts of it - the rest is simply nostalgia. On the day the market for a GX300 simply was not there, and I doubt if it ever will be.

Please don't wish the end of the GXR simply because you don't like it - it is one of the most radical and brilliant camera concepts of all time and you scuttle it in a couple of words for just another "interesting" short range zoom camera that you can stick in a pants pocket. I believe that Ricoh are actually making one - its called the HZ15. Go buy one and live the GX300 dream. Pentax also have the MX1 (or whatever it is that you can rub the paint off in your pocket). A fine camera I believe, get one if you really want a GX300.

If you think the very small band of GX nostalgic nutters are a movement then welcome to the GXR hordes.

I use "nutter" in the nicest possible manner - I am quite a nutter myself. And I quite like my GX100, it is one of my treasured cameras, but because I have one I am not "teary-eyed" over not being able to buy an update. I would never have bought another GX myself, no matter what new goodies were included.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

schaki
Like?
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 6 months ago

Maybe there might be a GX300 one day or at least a Pentax Optio MX-2 with a nice wide zoom. http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-ricoh-lens-patents-for-117-sensors.html

Some might find 21-84mm to be useful and the aperture at the wide and the long end is not too slow. But I wonder if the sensor-size of 1/1.7" really is a good decision these days when we might expect the 1" sensor to be something of a standard for these compacts within two year.

There are at least some manufacturers which are expected to come up with new zooms for their top-compacts for next year. Olympus XZ-3, Fujifilm X30 and also Panasonic LX8.

Contax TVS Digital
Tom Caldwell
Like?
In reply to schaki, 6 months ago

schaki wrote:

Maybe there might be a GX300 one day or at least a Pentax Optio MX-2 with a nice wide zoom. http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-ricoh-lens-patents-for-117-sensors.html

Some might find 21-84mm to be useful and the aperture at the wide and the long end is not too slow. But I wonder if the sensor-size of 1/1.7" really is a good decision these days when we might expect the 1" sensor to be something of a standard for these compacts within two year.

There are at least some manufacturers which are expected to come up with new zooms for their top-compacts for next year. Olympus XZ-3, Fujifilm X30 and also Panasonic LX8.

Thanks for correcting me on the model number I was not sufficiently interested to "know" nor to go to the trouble of looking it up. When the manufacturer tries to make a short zoom that satisfies they are faced with a bewildering array of choices as you have summarised well.  Do they go for an aps-c sensor and we get something the size of the A16 module for the GXR.  Or maybe a smaller sensor, don't make it too small, maybe really wide and short zoom, maybe start a little less wide and give more reach.  Don't make the lens too slow but keep it physically  small in any case.

So the required GX300 is not the logical progression of a very sophisiticated small bodied, small sensored, camera with a short zoom that was fairly slow at long end.  It is now a large(er) sensored starting wide and fast fixed aperture range folding compact zoom that might upset the big players already in the market by aceing them in every feature.  No longer is it a GX300, it is something else.  The "GX300" was the GXR+S10 - what was wrong with that? I had mine out yesterday, great camera.

Methinks this is a (camera) bridge to far for Ricoh who have other things to think of such as a perhaps a FF sensor module for the new GXR body which might either have a built in high quality evf and be much the same format size as present or might be a very nice pruned down unadorned camera body much the same size as the present GR.

Now here Ricoh could show their technical prowess and stay "niche" without having to mix it with the big names in the retailer's showcases.

Luckily Ricoh scrapped "Caplio" a while back - Pentax should scrap the ridiculous meaningless trite "Optio" as well.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

cgarrard
Like?
Um....

Tom Caldwell wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

eilivk wrote:

Carl

You can't be serious Carl?

The GX was a good camera but must have been a market nightmare for Ricoh it surely was not a big seller. The market for zoom is convenience (and cheap) not sophistication. So when Ricoh makes a sophisticated zoom the market yawns no matter how many with the camera think it the bees knees.

The GRD/GR succeeds because there are (just) enough around who will pay for a sophisticated prime lenses carry about camera. Those that had the GRD were well aware that the GX was not a GRD on steroid zoom but a necessary step back in performance to get a zoom lens. This was accepted to a degree but when Panasonic brought out a new LX with fast (distorted) lens the potential GX300 users melted away - surely Ricoh was not going to compromise lens quality to make it fast like the LX and just as surely small quality zoom camera users were not going to by a GX300 unless the lens was as fast as the LX. That is the real nuts and bolts of it - the rest is simply nostalgia. On the day the market for a GX300 simply was not there, and I doubt if it ever will be.

Please don't wish the end of the GXR simply because you don't like it - it is one of the most radical and brilliant camera concepts of all time and you scuttle it in a couple of words for just another "interesting" short range zoom camera that you can stick in a pants pocket. I believe that Ricoh are actually making one - its called the HZ15. Go buy one and live the GX300 dream. Pentax also have the MX1 (or whatever it is that you can rub the paint off in your pocket). A fine camera I believe, get one if you really want a GX300.

If you think the very small band of GX nostalgic nutters are a movement then welcome to the GXR hordes.

I use "nutter" in the nicest possible manner - I am quite a nutter myself. And I quite like my GX100, it is one of my treasured cameras, but because I have one I am not "teary-eyed" over not being able to buy an update. I would never have bought another GX myself, no matter what new goodies were included.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Tom, your reply is a serious overeaction :). I stopped at "you cant be serious carl"

I don't know what your interpreting, but yes, I like the GX100. I'm a huge fan of the entire range of Ricoh cameras (that support raw recording) and always have been.

Carl

cgarrard
Like?
Tom you do realize

Tom Caldwell wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

Thanks,
Carl

Carl

I have one in good condition, I use it occasionally and like what it does, I would never part with it but it was the GRD that rang my bells. Lots of people talked about the "necessity" of a zoom version of the GRD but I don't think it sold in huge numbers. Those that really liked the GX100/200 really really liked it and still have a complain from time to time about the lack of the non-existant GX300. When Ricoh made the "GX300" as the S10 module for the GXR it was even less popular (I think). So I think that the reality was that the GX series was not nearly as popular as those that still love it (I do) make out.

Panasonic made the LX1 before the GX100 and the latter camera was heaps better in my opinion. But I think Panasonic thought they owned the territory and made the LX3 (I think, or was it the LX4) with a list of features as long as your arm and marketing clout as well. I think that Panasonic put Ricoh on notice that it was not going to be allowed on the LX model patch.

We never hear of the LX any more and maybe even Panasonic has abandoned "the type". So that style of short-zoom small-sensor camera wasn't a retailer's till-buster perhaps. People could buy less sophisticated bigger-zoom cameras for quite a lot less if I remember correctly. (Including multiple models of Ricoh's own R and CX series cameras).

However I would think it fair comment that there would be a higher proportion of GX cameras sold that are still being used (if only occasionally) than there are LX cameras still in at least occasional use.

Lots of Ricoh users abandoned Ricoh for the LX model, some of them may have come back, I do remember demands being made of Ricoh for a faster lens (don't worry about the distortion on the LX lens) and a feature by feature match of what the LX could do.

I would be interesting to have a review of what the attractivenes of the LX was that led to the demise of the GX model and why rusted in GX owners still love the camera and dream of a GX300.

I think that Ricoh's experience with a "GRD with a zoom" second string line when added to the variable success of the module concept - they might have thought customers would have battered the doors down for a CX with raw and other gooddies (P10) or the same as in the born-again GX (S10). Nope ... too big, sensor too small ... great products but ingrained prejudice dies hard - they might correspondingly be quite shy to stake their gold watch on multiple GR models no matter how much cheering goes on from the forum.

So they make a GR50 and some buy it - sales are 30% of the present GR28, the GR28 popularity goes down by 30%. Complaints are laid as what they really wanted was a GR35 - sales are 20% of the present GR28, the GR28 sales go down by 20%. Others says this is simply not good enough they really really should have made a GR40!

So they give in and make a GR40. Sales are 10% of the present GR28 and the GR28 sales go down by 10%.

So in the end they have 15% GR40, 25% GR35, 35% GR50 and 40% GR28 = 115% (well overall sales would rise a bit) over four models - even someone who doesn't count beans could see that it doesn't work. A new model comes out - hooray. Word is that the GR40 did not sell well - us "vultures" will be thirsting for the fire sale (as we do). The only way it would work is if overall sales went up by 400% and Ricoh was able to balance production precisely to demand. A hard ask.

All the time I am crying: "I want a GR85 'portrait' and make it f2.0 and pocketable!" But in the end I give up and get my Jupiter-9 out and put it on the GXR-M and try and forget about the crop factor. Well maybe the 55mm f1.8 Takumar will do and I don't like carrying cameras in my pockets anyway.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

That I worked very closely with Ricoh during the GX/GR/GXR years, personally right?

Sorry for not replying specifically to you on all of your points, to be honest almost every reply is a "book", and while I find you interesting, I don't often have time to reply to such lengthy posts in detail.

Carl

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell
Like?
Re: Um....

"Ricoh ought to make a third generation GX and see off the GXR concept"

You can't be serious.

Short enough?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

cgarrard
Like?

Tom Caldwell wrote:

You can't be serious.

Yes, I am serious. The GXR concept is awesome, but it hasn't taken off at all. I like it personally, but it hasn't taken off. You like it personally but it hasn't taken off, some others here like it but it hasn't really taken off. Ricoh can't keep a system that isn't selling very well, and they probably won't. We have seen zero activity from it of late.

I think the GX series would do great these days with the modern sensors, heck even the sensor of the GR IV would be excellent ! (with a re-worked/better sealed lens assy w/less dust issues).

Just my opinion though!
C

eilivk
Like?
GX100 NR and sharpness adjustment?

cgarrard wrote:

But where can I change NR and sharpness in camera? Have searched but can't find it.

schaki
Like?
Re: GX100 NR and sharpness adjustment?

eilivk wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

But where can I change NR and sharpness in camera? Have searched but can't find it.

As far as I remember there is no NR option in the GX100. You can set sharpening to -2 but that was not enough to get rid of the artifacts. I got to use Dng to get something decent from it.

I'm looking forward to test the first Ricoh Caplio GX 5mp instead which seems to have better jpeg output. The Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide is not bad either despite the small ccd.

Contax TVS Digital
Tom Caldwell
Like?

cgarrard wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

You can't be serious.

Yes, I am serious. The GXR concept is awesome, but it hasn't taken off at all. I like it personally, but it hasn't taken off. You like it personally but it hasn't taken off, some others here like it but it hasn't really taken off. Ricoh can't keep a system that isn't selling very well, and they probably won't. We have seen zero activity from it of late.

I think the GX series would do great these days with the modern sensors, heck even the sensor of the GR IV would be excellent ! (with a re-worked/better sealed lens assy w/less dust issues).

Just my opinion though!
C

Carl,

I respect your opinion, I just didn't think you were serious to be promoting a type of camera that was probably the least popular of all Ricoh's digital cameras - it only reached two models before it was scrapped.

The GX was and is very good but requires a believer to buy it and not a regular consumer. The regular consumers out there are going to buy the big names and the cameras with a gitzy feature list. I remember the GX series in full flight being roundly criticised for its slow lens, some sort of aperture shift on zooming (I forget exactly what), general quality of images and some sort of dust on sensor issues.

However most of those that owned it liked it. But I don't think the market ever did. Come the then latest model of the LX series it was compared very unfavorably to Panasonic products and more than a few Ricoh owners deserted camp never to come back. Panasonic seemed to indicate that whatever Ricoh did with any GX then they would go one better, quicker and with market saturation. Rhapsodies were written about the very fast LX lens and just a little on how it's software correction almost fixed the distortion at wide. Ricoh were into quiet little niche products and the GX/LX niche was inhabited by a tiger.

The GX with an aps-c sensor aka GR-zoom might be another ball game and probably another model name as well.

Putting on my accounting hat I think that Rioch hardly worries about the camera sales numbers game beyond a relatively small product run target number being sold over a predicted period of time. This is why Ricoh must shy away from heavy advertising and allow the product to sell itself. This is why they only market and sell product when they have a product that will do so. Their market base is low and they could spend a lot of money trying to increase it. Best that they don't flood their market with product whether it be the GR GXR or a re-vitalised GX.

The GXR is an enormous investment of effort. Even just making a new camera back and one (say) new module would give as much new lease of life to the GXR brand as Ricoh's well known firmware upgrades give to something like the GR. A bit of a makeover for the user of their existing product.

I don't think existing GXR owners are tired of their modules, they might be more bored with the lack of change. I think an interesting new camera back - be it fitted evf or as tiny and basic as the GR would have every GXR owner thirsting for one - be it for their mount module or even their P10.

Fit us up with a FF mount module and the Ricoh world will go mad - a lot madder than a small sensor GX300 would make it.

No expensive advertising//promotion would be necessary.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

eilivk
Like?

schaki wrote:

eilivk wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

As far as I remember there is no NR option in the GX100. You can set sharpening to -2 but that was not enough to get rid of the artifacts. I got to use Dng to get something decent from it.

I'm looking forward to test the first Ricoh Caplio GX 5mp instead which seems to have better jpeg output. The Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide is not bad either despite the small ccd.

Thanks! But still can't find sharpening. Is it under the Fn button? Or under Menu SHTG or Setup? Or elsewhere? The CX4 menu is MUCH easier...

cgarrard
Like?

Tom Caldwell wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

You can't be serious.

Just my opinion though!
C

Carl,

I respect your opinion, I just didn't think you were serious to be promoting a type of camera that was probably the least popular of all Ricoh's digital cameras - it only reached two models before it was scrapped.

The GX was and is very good but requires a believer to buy it and not a regular consumer. The regular consumers out there are going to buy the big names and the cameras with a gitzy feature list. I remember the GX series in full flight being roundly criticised for its slow lens, some sort of aperture shift on zooming (I forget exactly what), general quality of images and some sort of dust on sensor issues.

However most of those that owned it liked it. But I don't think the market ever did. Come the then latest model of the LX series it was compared very unfavorably to Panasonic products and more than a few Ricoh owners deserted camp never to come back. Panasonic seemed to indicate that whatever Ricoh did with any GX then they would go one better, quicker and with market saturation. Rhapsodies were written about the very fast LX lens and just a little on how it's software correction almost fixed the distortion at wide. Ricoh were into quiet little niche products and the GX/LX niche was inhabited by a tiger.

The GX with an aps-c sensor aka GR-zoom might be another ball game and probably another model name as well.

Putting on my accounting hat I think that Rioch hardly worries about the camera sales numbers game beyond a relatively small product run target number being sold over a predicted period of time. This is why Ricoh must shy away from heavy advertising and allow the product to sell itself. This is why they only market and sell product when they have a product that will do so. Their market base is low and they could spend a lot of money trying to increase it. Best that they don't flood their market with product whether it be the GR GXR or a re-vitalised GX.

The GXR is an enormous investment of effort. Even just making a new camera back and one (say) new module would give as much new lease of life to the GXR brand as Ricoh's well known firmware upgrades give to something like the GR. A bit of a makeover for the user of their existing product.

I don't think existing GXR owners are tired of their modules, they might be more bored with the lack of change. I think an interesting new camera back - be it fitted evf or as tiny and basic as the GR would have every GXR owner thirsting for one - be it for their mount module or even their P10.

Fit us up with a FF mount module and the Ricoh world will go mad - a lot madder than a small sensor GX300 would make it.

No expensive advertising//promotion would be necessary.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

I'm not "promoting" the GX series as it was Tom, but as it could be. Big difference, have a little vision. Just because I like the GX series cameras (and their faults), doesn't mean I'm not aware of the issues they had. Anyways, moving onto other engaging chats :).

Carl

schaki
Like?

eilivk wrote:

schaki wrote:

eilivk wrote:

cgarrard wrote:

Thanks! But still can't find sharpening. Is it under the Fn button? Or under Menu SHTG or Setup? Or elsewhere? The CX4 menu is MUCH easier...

Should be on the "Img set" in the GX100 and then choose Setting 1 or 2 to adjust the sharpness level. AT least that's how it is on the GRDI which I think should have a very similar menu.

Contax TVS Digital
brian46
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?

That is how it works on the gx200.
The three available adjustments are contrast, sharpness and color depth.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads