White lens on black body

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Booyau
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
White lens on black body
10 months ago

I have the potential opportunity to pick up a used lens at a good price for my V1. The only catch is that it's a white lens and I have a black body. I already have a red lens (30-110), which doesn't look bad, but that's dark red on black.

Anybody have experience mounting black on white and can tell me how ridiculous it would look?

Booyau's gear list:Booyau's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
David Pen
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
Re: White lens on black body
In reply to Booyau, 10 months ago

I have a white 11-27.5mm more or less permanently attached to my black V1 and have never given it a second thought until just now when I read your post.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Vlasty
Regular MemberPosts: 451Gear list
Like?
In reply to David Pen, 10 months ago

I recently picked up a black V2  supplementing my white V1. The white lenses from my V1 look ok on it as long as my hood and cap are white too. Mix and matching lens accessories  makes it look a bit tacky. All in my opinion though.

Vlasty's gear list:Vlasty's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +11 more
Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291
Like?

Booyau wrote:

I have the potential opportunity to pick up a used lens at a good price for my V1. The only catch is that it's a white lens and I have a black body. I already have a red lens (30-110), which doesn't look bad, but that's dark red on black.

Anybody have experience mounting black on white and can tell me how ridiculous it would look?

Personally I have zero issues with mixing black & white, unless my goal was to not draw attention to myself or my camera with white. But only you can answer what you can live with.

Even those with the white model V1 are finding themselves with a fair bit of black surface on the camera and lenses, so they are already mixing-n-matching. Plus the optional SB-N5 is black. No white to be had.

Your call though.

Mato34
Contributing MemberPosts: 875
Like?
Not white lens, but grey

Don't know if this will help you, but here you have my grey 6.7-13 on my black V1:

Saludos!

-- hide signature --

Please, excuse my poor english...

wlad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,481
Like?

Your Nikon 1 camera will never look this ridiculous

Mahmoud Mousef
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291
Like?
the creator speaks
In reply to wlad, 10 months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zsFtVYw68A

Interview of Marc Newson PENTAX K-01 Designer - YouTube

jwhphotos
Regular MemberPosts: 336
Like?

I don't care about the color of the lens, but I do care how it works.

-- hide signature --

John

MoBokeh
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?

Here you go: my black V1 with white 30-110 lens.  Dare I say it.......sorta Canon-like.

SavioHK
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?

Here you go.

Booyau
Regular MemberPosts: 143Gear list
Like?
In reply to SavioHK, 10 months ago

Perfect! Thanks. White lens on black body isn't so bad. Not a fan of the black lens on white body, but that's just me.

Booyau's gear list:Booyau's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
whimsicalmike
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

white lenses are better and cost more if you talk to canon

jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,802Gear list
Like?

I had a white 10mm f2.8 (paid only $99 for it) on my black bodied V1 and did not think much of it until my wife said it looked weird. so long story short, I sold it and bought a silver lens instead, which looks kind of retro cool according to my wife at least!

- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
NexMan
Regular MemberPosts: 201
Like?
In reply to jonikon, 10 months ago

What's peoples take on silver lens on white body? I'm considering a silver 18.5 on my white V1 body (as white is currently out of stock) or should I just stick with white?

jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,802Gear list
Like?
In reply to NexMan, 10 months ago

NexMan wrote:

What's peoples take on silver lens on white body? I'm considering a silver 18.5 on my white V1 body (as white is currently out of stock) or should I just stick with white?

Sounds good to me! 

- Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads