LR5 and Elements 12?

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Discussions
MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
LR5 and Elements 12?
Sep 30, 2013

I have LR5 and have usually used it in connection with CS6. Out of curiosity I downloaded the trial of Elements 12 and set LR5 up to call Elements 12 as an external editor. I assumed this would work since both are Adobe products, but when Elements 12 opens it does not open the image sent to it by LR5.

Does anyone use this connections (LR X <--> Elements X)? Is it supposed to work? Or does Adobe make the assumption that no one would use LR and Elements? Or have I missed some step here?

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: LR5 and Elements 12?
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Sep 30, 2013

MikeFromMesa wrote:

I have LR5 and have usually used it in connection with CS6. Out of curiosity I downloaded the trial of Elements 12 and set LR5 up to call Elements 12 as an external editor. I assumed this would work since both are Adobe products, but when Elements 12 opens it does not open the image sent to it by LR5.

Does anyone use this connections (LR X <--> Elements X)? Is it supposed to work? Or does Adobe make the assumption that no one would use LR and Elements? Or have I missed some step here?

Maybe Adobe somehow intentionally broke that link in 12? It works fine with me with 11. Just another reason to avoid buying Elements 12.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,875Gear list
Like?
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Oct 1, 2013

Elements is an obvious and common companion application to Lightroom. Can't see Adobe wanting to discourage it. Perhaps a bug? Elements 12 has only been out a week or less...

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,500Gear list
Like?
In reply to MikeFromMesa, Oct 1, 2013

Here is the solution to your problem.

The Secret To Getting Photoshop Elements To Work With Lightroom | Lightroom Killer Tips

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Jim B (MSP)
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,906
Like?
In reply to Sailor Blue, Oct 1, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

The Secret To Getting Photoshop Elements To Work With Lightroom | Lightroom Killer Tips

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

This should work for you. I have used PSE with LR since V3. I am now at LR 5 and PSE10. They work well together.

-- hide signature --

Jim
"Its all about the light"

MikeFromMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849
Like?
In reply to Sailor Blue, Oct 1, 2013

Sailor Blue wrote:

Yes. That did it. Thanks for the tip.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads