canon SX255 HS not in database

Started Sep 30, 2013 | Questions
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
canon SX255 HS not in database
Sep 30, 2013

Could the SX255 HS be added to the dpreview database, somehow it seems to have got overlooked which makes searching and filtering inaccurate.

Brian

 brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to brianj, Sep 30, 2013

brianj wrote:

Could the SX255 HS be added to the dpreview database, somehow it seems to have got overlooked which makes searching and filtering inaccurate.

Maybe its IXUS 255 HS, I never could figure out canon's naming convention.

Brian

 brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Richard Shih
dpreview AdminPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to brianj, Sep 30, 2013

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you referring to the Canon PowerShot IXUS 255 HS / ELPH 330 HS or another SX-series PowerShot? I can't find an example of an SX 255 anywhere.

The former isn't in our database and I'll have our reviewers take a look at that omission tomorrow.

Personally I don't understand Canon's PowerShot naming scheme either. There are just so many PowerShots...

-- hide signature --

Richard
dpreview.com

 Richard Shih's gear list:Richard Shih's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to Richard Shih, Sep 30, 2013

Richard Shih wrote:

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you referring to the Canon PowerShot IXUS 255 HS / ELPH 330 HS or another SX-series PowerShot? I can't find an example of an SX 255 anywhere.

The former isn't in our database and I'll have our reviewers take a look at that omission tomorrow.

Personally I don't understand Canon's PowerShot naming scheme either. There are just so many PowerShots...

Its the IXUS I think, I'm from Australia so i don't know what it is called really, but you can see one at this link: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_255_hs_review/

A few people have asked about it at the canon powershot forum and its a nice balanced zoom spec.

Thanks

Brian

 brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to Richard Shih, 11 months ago

Richard Shih wrote:

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you referring to the Canon PowerShot IXUS 255 HS / ELPH 330 HS or another SX-series PowerShot? I can't find an example of an SX 255 anywhere.

The former isn't in our database and I'll have our reviewers take a look at that omission tomorrow.

Personally I don't understand Canon's PowerShot naming scheme either. There are just so many PowerShots...

I'm really confused now, the Elph 330HS/IXUS 255 HS on your website http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_elph330hs

shows a 16mp 24-120mm camera,

but the IXUS 255 HS in this link,

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_255_hs_review/

shows a 12mp 24-240mm camera.

It is the one in the link I provided that is incorrect or missing in the database.

Brian

 brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Jeff Keller
dpreview AdminPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to brianj, 11 months ago

brianj wrote:

I'm really confused now, the Elph 330HS/IXUS 255 HS on your website http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_elph330hs

shows a 16mp 24-120mm camera,

but the IXUS 255 HS in this link,

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_255_hs_review/

shows a 12mp 24-240mm camera.

It is the one in the link I provided that is incorrect or missing in the database.

Brian

So not only was the item hidden - the specs were completely wrong. I've cleaned them up and everything should (hopefully) be accurate now.

Thanks for pointing this out!

-- hide signature --

Jeff Keller
Senior Writer, DPReview.com

 Jeff Keller's gear list:Jeff Keller's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brianj
Forum ProPosts: 13,266Gear list
Like?
Re: canon SX255 HS not in database
In reply to Jeff Keller, 11 months ago

Jeff Keller wrote:

brianj wrote:

I'm really confused now, the Elph 330HS/IXUS 255 HS on your website http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_elph330hs

shows a 16mp 24-120mm camera,

but the IXUS 255 HS in this link,

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_255_hs_review/

shows a 12mp 24-240mm camera.

It is the one in the link I provided that is incorrect or missing in the database.

Brian

So not only was the item hidden - the specs were completely wrong. I've cleaned them up and everything should (hopefully) be accurate now.

Thanks for pointing this out!

I suspect the image associated with the IXUS 255 HS in the database is the wrong one as well, could you check and correct this please.

Brian

 brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads