First photo of K-3

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,821Gear list
Like?
Re: K-3 ...from whence this rumour came ..
In reply to janneman02, Sep 28, 2013

janneman02 wrote:

Jack Simpson wrote:

I received this email at work (in the work email) from Digital Imaging Reporter ( a photo retail industry communication)

CLICK HERE for the Link

Nothing to start wetting your innerwear about, IMO, if, remotely, true. As well, how truthful of a rumour can it be, if DPR didn't run with it

It all boils down to the sensor wand what it does, no news on new SAFOX and the 40Mp capabilities, well I put that down to wishful thinking.

And to be honest an upgrade to 27 af sensors, all cross and all tracking seems to be a bit too much alll of a sudden.

It only affects how many you need to turn off to match the processing power of the Prime engine in use

k10/20d you had to switch off 10 to have anything resembling AF-c

K5x you have to switch off 6 to get decent AF-c though switching off 9 sometimes makes it to fast.

If 27 is true and it still Safox back-end this promises ridiculous quick AF you won;t need predictive AF it be there before your ready anyway

Given that promised speed 3d tracking becomes possible as the CPU will have latency when using less points to process received data.

so in summary 27 -50 -1000 point means nothing in itself the underlying technology in use is more important a 10,000 point af using the cmos would be crap, 15 point based on Safox would give a decent hike in performance.

-- hide signature --

http://i.pbase.com/t1/73/362673/4/109584377.e8MTmsbX.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o6/73/362673/1/90215210.jVwGKoPT.bugfv2kq5.gif
> The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
> limits.
> - Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,105Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent! Wife won't notice!
In reply to britcam, Sep 28, 2013

britcam wrote:

asahi man wrote:

noel2 wrote:

waxwaine wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

K7 / K5 / K5II, and now this K3, they look so similar wife won't notice.

Jajaja

I was thinking the same about replacing my white K-r for the new (white too of course) K-50.

Because of recently announcement, I´ll start saving for the K-3 to get it at the 2° half of the 2014

Replace wife !

replace?in red,silver,black,blue or green body????

I thought of replacing mine with a more stylish French model .... better body, less demanding, yet infinitely more alluring with a certain oh la la charm ... and less inclined to discover my LBA addiction ...

And your wives don´t read DPReview ?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,195Gear list
Like?
In reply to Roland Karlsson, Sep 28, 2013

Roland Karlsson wrote:

britcam wrote:

asahi man wrote:

noel2 wrote:

waxwaine wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

Jajaja

I was thinking the same about replacing my white K-r for the new (white too of course) K-50.

Because of recently announcement, I´ll start saving for the K-3 to get it at the 2° half of the 2014

Replace wife !

I thought of replacing mine with a more stylish French model .... better body, less demanding, yet infinitely more alluring with a certain oh la la charm ... and less inclined to discover my LBA addiction ...

And your wives don´t read DPReview ?

Hmmm she may have done but too late to matter - we divorced last January .....   Photography and France .... or life in the UK;  No contest ........

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam - Rich S

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
paulkienitz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,940Gear list
Like?
Re: Be ready constant insatisfied people
In reply to stanic042, Sep 28, 2013

I would expect any new camera now to have GPS and wifi, but no biggie if for some reason it doesn't.

They say 800g weight. Why should it be heavier than the older models? Hopefully that means more features stuffed in.

-- hide signature --

Q with 02 zoom and Nikkor 180/2.8 ED for birding
K10D, Sig 17-70, DA 55-300, FA 50/1.4 "billy bass"
discards: DA 50-200 "zipper", F 100-300, Sigma 135-400 "piglet", M 400/5.6 "the Great Truncheon"

paulkienitz's gear list:paulkienitz's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +3 more
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,912Gear list
Like?
In reply to janneman02, Sep 28, 2013

Take a look at any K5/II/s SD card slot, cramming in another one would be quite the trick. If they make the body larger, yes.

It would seem that when the D7100 was announced, including their price point, Pentax/Ricoh must have crapped in their collective trousers. P/R were expected to announce the K3 earlier this year... they obviously had second thoughts, regrouped and probably went on double/triple shifts to kick something out only 7 months or so later.

We shall see what we shall see. I hope PR can do a great job considering.

janneman02 wrote:

sfa1966 wrote:

janneman02 wrote:

And to be honest an upgrade to 27 af sensors, all cross and all tracking seems to be a bit too much alll of a sudden.

Not after three years of sweet nothing, it doesn't ...

And the dual cards slots seem to have dissapeared from the rumors as well.

-- hide signature --

http://i.pbase.com/t1/73/362673/4/109584377.e8MTmsbX.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o6/73/362673/1/90215210.jVwGKoPT.bugfv2kq5.gif
> The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
> limits.
> - Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein
History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
_ _ _ _ _
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
_ _ _ _ _
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
_ _ _ _ _
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
_ _ _ _ _
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984
- - -

solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,912Gear list
Like?
In reply to britcam, Sep 28, 2013

britcam wrote:

asahi man wrote:

noel2 wrote:

waxwaine wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

Jajaja

Replace wife !

Maybe in Chanel Black? Oh, wait we have that already, just rename the 'new' color. Maybe just call it Coco.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam - Rich S

-- hide signature --

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift, the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. - Albert Einstein
History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
_ _ _ _ _
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
_ _ _ _ _
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... Ken Wilbur
_ _ _ _ _
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
_ _ _ _ _
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984
- - -

Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,655Gear list
Like?
In reply to solarider, Sep 28, 2013

solarider wrote:

Take a look at any K5/II/s SD card slot, cramming in another one would be quite the trick. If they make the body larger, yes.

Yep, with no body change it would not be possible.

They could either increase the height (and relocate the remote socket), or push the battery forward.

It would seem that when the D7100 was announced, including their price point, Pentax/Ricoh must have crapped in their collective trousers. P/R were expected to announce the K3 earlier this year... they obviously had second thoughts, regrouped and probably went on double/triple shifts to kick something out only 7 months or so later.

There was a rumor that the image quality which could be obtained with the available sensor(s) was not up to their standards.

Looking at the D7100, Nikon decided to launch anyway.

We shall see what we shall see. I hope PR can do a great job considering.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
paulkienitz
Like?

solarider wrote:

That's a pretty reasonable theory for why the rumored schedule changed so much... they abandoned the earlier prototype.

Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +3 more
jeanphilippe Goube
Senior MemberPosts: 1,384Gear list
Like?
In reply to Alex Sarbu, Sep 28, 2013

Alex

Yes, but with a Toshiba sensor. The sony sensor is for the entry level.

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

jeanphilippe Goube's gear list:jeanphilippe Goube's gear list
HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +13 more
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,195Gear list
Like?

solarider wrote:

britcam wrote:

asahi man wrote:

noel2 wrote:

waxwaine wrote:

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

Jajaja

Replace wife !

Maybe in Chanel Black? Oh, wait we have that already, just rename the 'new' color. Maybe just call it Coco.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam - Rich S

Mon problème .... is that my French friend uses a Nikon D7100 .... and when I revealed my K5IIs and my modest looking Limiteds I could see she was not all that impressed ....

But later that all changed when she witnessed my 60-250 in action ...

I'll see how well she responds well to "Coco" ....

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam - Rich S

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Jack Simpson
Forum ProPosts: 11,022Gear list
Like?
Re: K-3 ...from whence this rumour came ..Woo Hooo..
In reply to awaldram, Sep 28, 2013

... this thread is in the top three(3) on DPR

well done lads and ladettes

Jack

-- hide signature --

STREET PHOTOGRAPHY DOCUMENTARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kkHKP4Gnd0
(*UPDATED NOV 16th*)MY BLOG.... www.nakedmanonawire.blogspot.com
****MY EMAIL ADDRESS IN IS MY 'VIEW PLAN'****
It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one is doing

Jack Simpson's gear list:Jack Simpson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-r Pentax K-50 +3 more
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,816Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jack Simpson, Sep 28, 2013

27 AF points is doable and would be nice. \\with predictive AF, this requires much faster processing chip.

But 24 mpx at 8.5 fps? really? If true (which i doubt), that's REALLY FAST! I wonder how deep the buffer is.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
Alex Sarbu
Like?
In reply to jeanphilippe Goube, Sep 28, 2013

jeanphilippe Goube wrote:

Alex

That Sony sensor wasn't any better; neither was an option for Pentax.

But since 2011, Sony had time to work on a better version.

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

Alex

Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
jeanphilippe Goube
Senior MemberPosts: 1,384Gear list
Like?

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Alex

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

Alex

For sure; I mean that Nikon didn't want to wait for Sony 24 Mpix sensor to be improved and lauched the D7100 with sensor from another supplier.

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

jeanphilippe Goube's gear list:jeanphilippe Goube's gear list
HD Pentax DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +13 more
paulkienitz
Like?
In reply to miles green, Sep 28, 2013

miles green wrote:

27 AF points is doable and would be nice. \\with predictive AF, this requires much faster processing chip.

But 24 mpx at 8.5 fps? really? If true (which i doubt), that's REALLY FAST! I wonder how deep the buffer is.

What we've been hearing about the new generation Milbeaut makes these sound not only likely, but necessary because every camera company will be at that level soon.

-- hide signature --

Q with 02 zoom and Nikkor 180/2.8 ED for birding -- "the Q-gun"
K10D (K-3 soon?), Sig 17-70 "zonker", DA 55-300, FA 50/1.4 "billy bass"
discards: DA 50-200 "zipper", F 100-300, Sigma 135-400 "piglet", M 400/5.6 "the Great Truncheon"

Alex Sarbu
Like?
In reply to jeanphilippe Goube, Sep 28, 2013

Alex Sarbu wrote:

Alex

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

Alex

For sure; I mean that Nikon didn't want to wait for Sony 24 Mpix sensor to be improved and lauched the D7100 with sensor from another supplier.

Indeed, we're in agreement

I should clarify my post though, just in case: I'm not saying the D7100 is a bad camera, I think it's very good; just that Nikon (and not only them) moved to a higher pixel count before the technology was ready, with a slight decrease in image quality (mostly at high ISO).

-- hide signature --

jpgoube

Alex

Alex Sarbu
Like?
In reply to paulkienitz, Sep 28, 2013

paulkienitz wrote:

miles green wrote:

What we've been hearing about the new generation Milbeaut makes these sound not only likely, but necessary because every camera company will be at that level soon.

The processor should support that, and the mechanics can be updated (8.5fps is not that far from 7).

What I'm somewhat worried about is the AF, which must keep the pace. We're talking about a SLR here, not one of the "OK, we'll do 10-12fps but we'll disable everything else: AF, metering, you name it" MILCs. But let's see the product, I'm sure it will be good.

Alex

Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 21,105Gear list
Like?

Alex Sarbu wrote:

I should clarify my post though, just in case: I'm not saying the D7100 is a bad camera, I think it's very good; just that Nikon (and not only them) moved to a higher pixel count before the technology was ready, with a slight decrease in image quality (mostly at high ISO).

Is this something you know, or something you guess or assume ?

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma DP2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +8 more
Winder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,339Gear list
Like?

solarider wrote:

Take a look at any K5/II/s SD card slot, cramming in another one would be quite the trick. If they

make the body larger, yes.

The pictures don't show thickness.  The new body could be thicker and house an extra card slot and the rumored specs are heavier, so there might be some additional features like 2 card slots and WiFi.

-- hide signature --

Contax 645, Canon 5D (sold), Olympus E-3 (sold), Playing with a K-7 and K-5

Winder's gear list:Winder's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony Alpha 7 II Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +1 more
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Like?
In reply to britcam, Sep 29, 2013

britcam wrote:

Sounds expensive.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads