have canon eos 7d, should i trade for 70d?

Started Sep 26, 2013 | Discussions
speedra421
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
have canon eos 7d, should i trade for 70d?
Sep 26, 2013

Hi all,  My wife and I had a Canon Rebel Xsi which we loved for the last 3 years.  Unfortunately, the shutter broke and we needed a new camera.  We received a 7D as a gift from my parents that they bought on points through their credit card club.  When I went to shop for a camera that I though we would use and enjoy, I thought the 70D might be better option for us.  My question is do you think I'm crazy to trade a 7D for a 70D and if I were to trade, do you think I would be able to get an even trade or will I need to put up some money? Where would you go about making a trade like this? 
Thanks, Brad

speedra421's gear list:speedra421's gear list
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
DT Mitchell
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: have canon eos 7d, should i trade for 70d?
In reply to speedra421, Sep 26, 2013

For my humble opinion. Not having used a 70 D, but I have had a 7D for a couple of years and am very happy with it. It's performed very reliably and has always lived up to my expectation. Happy hunting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 15,338Gear list
Like?
Re: have canon eos 7d, should i trade for 70d?

speedra421 wrote:

Hi all,  My wife and I had a Canon Rebel Xsi which we loved for the last 3 years.  Unfortunately, the shutter broke and we needed a new camera.  We received a 7D as a gift from my parents that they bought on points through their credit card club.  When I went to shop for a camera that I though we would use and enjoy, I thought the 70D might be better option for us.  My question is do you think I'm crazy to trade a 7D for a 70D and if I were to trade, do you think I would be able to get an even trade or will I need to put up some money? Where would you go about making a trade like this? 
Thanks, Brad

Unless you do a lot of video, or need the wi-fi functionality there's little reason to trade; the 7D is still a very capable camera.

Doubt you could do an even trade; the store still must make a profit on the camera.

Mark

tkbslc
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,458Gear list
Like?
Only if you need good Video AF

Sensor on the 70D isn't noticeably better than 7D.  AF points are the same.   7D even has dedicated AF processor, so arguably better AF.    7D built better, 8fps, etc.

Going from the 7D to a 70D is kind of like trading in a 5 year old Honda Accord for a brand new Honda Civic.   Some things are going to be nicer just due to it being the latest model, but other things are going to be worse because it is a lower tier product.

I wouldn't do it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads