2 quotes juxtaposed.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
Sante Patate
Senior MemberPosts: 3,639
Like?
Re: I don't really think that's the point... :)
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

lylejk wrote:

I know she's an atheist Chato; doesn't mean that, on this occasion, she wasn't spot on right.

Don't you ever think, even briefly, about what you say?

Don't you believe that "we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all"?  How would it be if Jesus had quoted Ayn Rand to God the Father?  And when Jesus said "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" what else was that but a call to sacrifice?  No, a Christian cannot quote Ayn Rand.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Johnsonj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Martin.au, 11 months ago

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mentor_1
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,773Gear list
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

-- hide signature --

May the light be with you
Stupid should hurt
Stop global whining
Keep your business in town to keep your town in business

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,021Gear list
Like?
If the message is "beyond refute"
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

lylejk wrote:

I know she's an atheist Chato; doesn't mean that, on this occasion, she wasn't spot on right. There you libs go again. Attacking the messenger instead of the message since the message is beyond refute.

Then every Great American from the Founders of the Nation until the present are tyrants making slaves of all of us.

There is no way around that Lyle. Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, and all the rest called for sacrifice...

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chato
Forum ProPosts: 44,021Gear list
Like?
So?
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

Johnsonj wrote:

Chato wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

FDR when he spoke of sacrifice must have been the world worst tyrant.

He started the wheels rollin'. The 47% probably hold him in great esteem.

You have no problem being ruled by the Nazi's?

Interesting, because a lot of your fellow citizens sacrificed their lives so that you wouldn't be a slave.

Dave

Of course without the Nation making "Sacrifices" we would be ruled by the Germans and/or the Japanese.

Then we would ALL have the opportunity to really know what "slaves and masters" are.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,687
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Their data, methods, etc are all available for anyone to use and verify. Shooting the messenger is not a good solution to the issues faced by humanity.

Oh, wait. Did you mean that perhaps anyone who disagrees with your ideology is partial perhaps?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
William Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,733
Like?
Re: Goodness Gracious Lyle... :)
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

lylejk wrote:

FDR actually knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened and let the attack happen. He's no hero of mine Chato.

-- hide signature --

FDR definitely did not know beforehand about Pearl Harbor. I have heard in the story that Winston Chruchhill knew beforehand of the Pearl Harbor attack through intelligence but withheld that information from the Americans because of it bringing them into the war at a crucial time for the English in their fight with Germany. Lyle, did you misspeak or is there a source for this?

Will

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,687
Like?
Re: Goodness Gracious Lyle... :)
In reply to William Carson, 11 months ago

William Carson wrote:

lylejk wrote:

FDR actually knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened and let the attack happen. He's no hero of mine Chato.

-- hide signature --

FDR definitely did not know beforehand about Pearl Harbor. I have heard in the story that Winston Chruchhill knew beforehand of the Pearl Harbor attack through intelligence but withheld that information from the Americans because of it bringing them into the war at a crucial time for the English in their fight with Germany. Lyle, did you misspeak or is there a source for this?

Will

Source is probably conservative revisionist history.

Those "fact" thingies are over-rated.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Johnsonj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982
Like?
Re: So?
In reply to Chato, 11 months ago

Chato wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Chato wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

FDR when he spoke of sacrifice must have been the world worst tyrant.

He started the wheels rollin'. The 47% probably hold him in great esteem.

You have no problem being ruled by the Nazi's?

Where do I say this, Mr. Chatskiy the Marxist?

Interesting, because a lot of your fellow citizens sacrificed their lives so that you wouldn't be a slave.

Dave

Of course without the Nation making "Sacrifices" we would be ruled by the Germans and/or the Japanese.

Then we would ALL have the opportunity to really know what "slaves and masters" are.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Johnsonj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Martin.au, 11 months ago

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Their data, methods, etc are all available for anyone to use and verify. Shooting the messenger is not a good solution to the issues faced by humanity.

Oh, wait. Did you mean that perhaps anyone who disagrees with your ideology is partial perhaps?

I'm not going to waste my time poking around some agenda driven, leftwing website. Since you seem to love them, what's their solution for all the doom and gloom?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BorisK1
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,014Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't really think that's the point... :)
In reply to Sante Patate, 11 months ago

lylejk, Chato is a self-proclaimed Socialist. Socialists *love* to bleat about the virtues of sacrifice and of pitfalls of greed. In Soviet Union, you *couldn't get away* from that bleating. It was constant and pervasive. Chato would love to be a spigot in the great machine and be proud of his sacrifice.

And don't bring religion into this. Ayn Rand spoke out against the *institutionalized* sacrifice. When you have a whole nation of altruists, indoctrinated to the bone, and humble Chato, leading them into the bright and selfless future. Because he must.

A pipe and mustache might go out of style, but great ideals keep on killing people.

 BorisK1's gear list:BorisK1's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,687
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Their data, methods, etc are all available for anyone to use and verify. Shooting the messenger is not a good solution to the issues faced by humanity.

Oh, wait. Did you mean that perhaps anyone who disagrees with your ideology is partial perhaps?

I'm not going to waste my time poking around some agenda driven, leftwing website. Since you seem to love them, what's their solution for all the doom and gloom?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

So what is an "impartial" organisation, doing research in this field?

Does that mean you consider the data available on that website to be left wing too?

Do you find science in general to be left wing?

Seems to me that you would prefer ignorance, than research.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Johnsonj
Senior MemberPosts: 1,982
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Martin.au, 11 months ago

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Their data, methods, etc are all available for anyone to use and verify. Shooting the messenger is not a good solution to the issues faced by humanity.

Oh, wait. Did you mean that perhaps anyone who disagrees with your ideology is partial perhaps?

I'm not going to waste my time poking around some agenda driven, leftwing website. Since you seem to love them, what's their solution for all the doom and gloom?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

So what is an "impartial" organisation, doing research in this field?

Does that mean you consider the data available on that website to be left wing too?

Do you find science in general to be left wing?

Seems to me that you would prefer ignorance, than research.

I asked you a question. Can you not answer it because they have no plan, much less a solution?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 5,687
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

Johnsonj wrote:

Mjankor wrote:

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Given that we are currently using around 1.4 times as many resources as what the earth can sustainably support,

Source, please?

how exactly do you imagine humanity is to proceed without sacrifice of some sort?

Or does the quote only matter when it applies to you? Your quite happy if other people have to bear it instead?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

With all due respect JJ, why the hell does the source matter to you. You're only criteria when it comes to facts and information is whether it agrees with your ideology.

http://www.footprintnetwork.org/en/index.php/newsletter/bv/humanity_now_demanding_1.4_earths

That organization is partial. They have an agenda. I don't trust them. My uncle told me about a fraud called Peak Oil. Radical left-wingers try anything to stop progress and redistribute wealth in a losing attempt to make everyone equal. LMFAO!

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

Their data, methods, etc are all available for anyone to use and verify. Shooting the messenger is not a good solution to the issues faced by humanity.

Oh, wait. Did you mean that perhaps anyone who disagrees with your ideology is partial perhaps?

I'm not going to waste my time poking around some agenda driven, leftwing website. Since you seem to love them, what's their solution for all the doom and gloom?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

So what is an "impartial" organisation, doing research in this field?

Does that mean you consider the data available on that website to be left wing too?

Do you find science in general to be left wing?

Seems to me that you would prefer ignorance, than research.

I asked you a question. Can you not answer it because they have no plan, much less a solution?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

1) Your question was an attempt to hide the fact that you are happier to wallow in ignorance, than learn about these subjects.

2) At this stage you and I still arguing about whether there's a problem in the first place. I have presented some evidence, and you have whined about leftwing science. Does this mean that you recognise that there is a problem there? If so, and we're in agreement, then we can look at solutions. If you don't consider there to be a problem, then why do you care about solutions?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 23,223
Like?
If Lyle has a source...
In reply to William Carson, 11 months ago

William Carson wrote:

lylejk wrote:

FDR actually knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened and let the attack happen. He's no hero of mine Chato.

-- hide signature --

FDR definitely did not know beforehand about Pearl Harbor. I have heard in the story that Winston Chruchhill knew beforehand of the Pearl Harbor attack through intelligence but withheld that information from the Americans because of it bringing them into the war at a crucial time for the English in their fight with Germany. Lyle, did you misspeak or is there a source for this?

...and it's not the Bible, you can be sure it's just as "credible". By the way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Harbor_advance-knowledge_conspiracy_theory

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lylejk
Forum ProPosts: 21,205Gear list
Like?
Not only did he knew; he planned the whole thing.
In reply to William Carson, 11 months ago

Sources, not that it would matter to leftest like you.  

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/history/item/4740-pearl-harbor-hawaii-was-surprised-fdr-was-not

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1315043553001/what-did-fdr-know-before-pearl-harbor

At the time, the documents were classified, but, my Dad continued to tell me since I was a child that FDR knew.   FDR's a traitor and nearly a dictator.   They passed an ammendment to keep that from ever happening again.

Of course, the Fox news story only hinted and even gave FDR a pass for Pearl Harbor; I will never do so. 

-- hide signature --
 lylejk's gear list:lylejk's gear list
Leica V-LUX 1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
William Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,733
Like?
Re: Not only did he knew; he planned the whole thing.
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

Lyle, that is a well argued piece. I sense that it is family thing with you to believe that FDR knew in advance that Pearl Harbor was to be attacked. Hatred of Pres. Roosevelt goes back a ways, I guess. I am not a leftist. I just have an IQ above room temperature though. It was  sleepy overconfidence in the Navy on Pearl Harbor that failed to sound the alert when information was coming in from several ships that a large force was headed their way. If you are going to say FDR intentionally allowed the attack, how about the intelligence community in the G.W. Bush administration having given clear information to the President through his subordinates time and time again that al-Queda was going to strike in the U.S. soon. That argument is far more convincing however I believe it was simply the ignorance of the Bush officials that did not follow up on those warnings -which would have prevented the 9-11 attacks and all that has followed.

I agree that Roosevelt did welcome some provocation by the Japanese to bring support for American involvement in Europe and Asia however, it is a stretch to say Roosevelt knew about a specific attack. But I must say, the argument sited is well put. I just don't believe it. I noted the adds supporting the site: the john birch society, the new american, fox news of course (which sends uo red flags right there.) And of course Ronald Reagan's abortion is the end of America add. So, it does seem to me to be a rather fringe group supporting this conspiracy theory. Hey, its a long time ago- peace brother.

Will

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DT200
Contributing MemberPosts: 835
Like?
Crazy radicals didn't like FDR
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

lylejk wrote:

....my Dad continued to tell me since I was a child that FDR knew.   FDR's a traitor and nearly a dictator.   They passed an ammendment to keep that from ever happening again.

Since FDR was fairly elected, a tiny radical minority disliked him and was willing to makeup/believe anything to discrect his Presidency.   Sound familiar?  LOL!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Dodge Man
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to Johnsonj, 11 months ago

Johnsonj wrote:

I'm not going to waste my time poking around some agenda driven, leftwing website. Since you seem to love them, what's their solution for all the doom and gloom?

-- hide signature --

"There's no way to make everybody rich."
My uncle

You're afraid you might actually learn something.

Remain ignorant then.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,930
Like?
Re: 2 quotes juxtaposed.
In reply to lylejk, 11 months ago

lylejk wrote:

Well, maybe not side-by-side since there's no room to post here doing so, so, in sequence then.

"The change we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice." - Barack Hussein Obama

"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." - Ayn Rand

-- hide signature --

Ayn Rand Lyle?  Really?  Ayn Rand?  Have you not been watching for the past sixty years?  Not the best source there.

Back to the bible with ya.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads