*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.09.21 ***

Started Sep 21, 2013 | Discussions
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 13,300Gear list
Like?
Re: Indoor Volleyball
In reply to randydiane, Sep 23, 2013

Very good action shots.  Had tried to shot volleyball before (nearest to now about 8 years back) but the equipment I had then would not do this well.  High ISO here that works well is a huge advantage.

Andrew

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
19andrew47
Like?
Re: Messing with the Canon FD 50 1.4
In reply to FredB, Sep 23, 2013

Like the third and the processing on the last.

Andrew

Kiichiro
Regular MemberPosts: 473Gear list
Like?
Crane at the park
In reply to Wormsmeat, Sep 23, 2013

Kiichiro's gear list:Kiichiro's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +2 more
leendertcv
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Dutch polders

The Dutch polders on a very cloudy day:

Panasonic G3 + Panasonic 14-42mm II:

Panasonic G3 + 100-300mm:

leendertcv's gear list:leendertcv's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +2 more
Mark Thornton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,838Gear list
Like?
Re: New River
In reply to 19andrew47, Sep 23, 2013

I have sent a report to the management!

The image width and height parameters in the generated XML have been reversed.

Mark

Mark Thornton's gear list:Mark Thornton's gear list
Olympus E-500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
alfredo_tomato
Senior MemberPosts: 2,745Gear list
Like?
Re: Headshots

They were photographed at a Gallery Hop across from the festival. They were head shots, so I included them.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +5 more
19andrew47
Like?
Re: Dutch polders
In reply to leendertcv, Sep 23, 2013

Like the first with the clouds reflected in the ditches.

Andrew

lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,350Gear list
Like?
Weather broke in the desert, we weren't the only ones enjoying the trail...

Intermittent low clouds, made for a great ride, and IBIS made taking this shot one handed on a bumpy trail at 5-10 Mph possible...

This critter was crossing our path my guess is 3-4 feet in length and a large  bulge seems to indicate he just finished breakfast.  I had just started leading the group at about 6 miles in, and my son auger end into the drear of my bike as he has a tendency to look in every direction except the one he is headed in.  Sorry I had the 17mm mounted and couldn't get closer since I had to haul the family back and didn't want to get bitten.

A serious crop pushing the limits of any sort of clarity, western diamond back rattle snake middle of trail in Scottsdale AZ shows that even in a fairly urban environment, nature still rules.  We gave it a wide birth and my son was certainly more vigilant in watching the trail after rear ending me when I spotted this and he failed to hear or see me signal him to stop.

I have rarely encountered rattlers on the trails, only one other time and it didn't end as well, the last one ended in my front wheel and was an awful mess and resulting fall.  The typical occurrence is first rider spooks them they coil up and second or following rider gets struck on bike they tend to strike the wheel as it is the first physical threat the see from the followers.  As runners on these trails they sometimes aren't as lucky.

Just snapshots but having the OMD slung around my neck, and being comfortable with its always at the ready is nice.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
alfredo_tomato
Senior MemberPosts: 2,745Gear list
Like?
Re: Weather broke in the desert, we weren't the only ones enjoying the trail...
In reply to lambert4, Sep 23, 2013

Good story. In the east we learn to step on the log on the trail, not over it. You never know what is lurking on the other side. It could be a well camouflaged copperhead or an ill tempered timber rattler.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +5 more
NCV
NCV
Senior MemberPosts: 1,110Gear list
Like?
Re: From 70 Stories up....
In reply to yyr, Sep 23, 2013

The photo's of London you post each week are really making me homesick!

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,162
Like?
Re: From 70 Stories up....
In reply to NCV, Sep 23, 2013

NCV wrote:

The photo's of London you post each week are really making me homesick!

Gosh - I'm sorry

Come home! 

mseawell
Contributing MemberPosts: 507Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.09.21 ***

Cheers mate! Checked your post on flicker. You have some incredible shots out there!

Rgds

Mark

mseawell's gear list:mseawell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +4 more
yyr
yyr
Like?
For Wormsmeat - A couple more

Just processed a few more tonight - the 'desaturated London' look. Heavily cropped and processed so no pixel-peeping please!

Setting sun

JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,991Gear list
Like?
Re: Skylon Tower Niagara Falls

19andrew47 wrote:

Taken in the early evening, worked on in PSPX6 and Nik Color EFX.

Andrew

12 - 50 mm

Perfectly framed. The sidewalk, lampposts and tower, add to the verticality of the shot.

Intriguing. The tower looks like a negative image (no shadow under the restaurant at the top). Everything looks calm. Yet, as if the tower was a flying saucer from mars, one can get the impression that a catastrophe is about to happen...

Original. Well done.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +19 more
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,859Gear list
Like?
Re: For Wormsmeat - A couple more

Cool!

If I wasn't so terrified of heights I'd go up there myself.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: For Wormsmeat - A couple more

Wormsmeat wrote:

Cool!

If I wasn't so terrified of heights I'd go up there myself.

LOL - I know what you mean. I nearly passed out on the Emirates cable car - I was terrified and still am of heights. But this was honestly, perfectly fine and an amazing experience. I was sceptical but am now a convert and will be forking out £25 again soon.

PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 935Gear list
Like?
Evening stroll with the Ex....

If the GF1 was the "Girlfriend" then the GX7 is most definitely the "Ex". Had a bit of a RAW time of it. Having spent a day fighting with Adobe Digital Negative Converter (my download is missing a check box or two...ok and all that) but eventually getting it to work so that I can use Lightroom 3.6 .... well I took the stroppy Ex for a late evening walk to see how it performs as a camera. Stroppy? At every turn it takes a dive in the wrong direction...anyway, here are some late evening shots at an ISO that would have had the girlfriend drinking her bedtime cocoa. 6400 which is much more than I would expect from the old bird. Anyway...here are the pics. Oh, and using the trusty Voigtlander 25mm f0.95 at around F2 to get what was left of the light in. Some slight cropping and LR tweaking of course...I was trying to get an idea of how it performs.

Down the old Roman road....now a footpath

past the thatched keeper's cottage, mostly hidden under the trees

and looking back up the road to home....again hidden by the trees, but near the church

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +9 more
PaulChapman
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2013.09.21 ***
In reply to Neurad1, Sep 23, 2013

Excellent set...particularly the first

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +9 more
PaulChapman
Like?
Re: Is HDR alowed?
In reply to DavBem, Sep 23, 2013

I'm with Worms on this one...dramatic skies. Easy to overdo, or do too often.

Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,859Gear list
Like?
Re: Indoor Volleyball
In reply to randydiane, Sep 23, 2013

Gulp.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads