Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

Started Sep 18, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 24,542
Re: speclation

janneman02 wrote:

johnami wrote:

Funny how we like to drool about things we know nothing about. Yep we know near to nothing about the next product launch from RiPentax....................But speculation!!

With all these speculations one thing is certain, whatever comes will fuel more specuation.

Speculation, speclation or specuation ... please make up your mind  

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +12 more
janneman02 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,732
Re: speclation

Roland Karlsson wrote:

janneman02 wrote:

johnami wrote:

Funny how we like to drool about things we know nothing about. Yep we know near to nothing about the next product launch from RiPentax....................But speculation!!

With all these speculations one thing is certain, whatever comes will fuel more specuation.

Speculation, speclation or specuation ... please make up your mind

Not yet on my daily coffee intake, sorry....

-- hide signature --

http://i.pbase.com/t1/73/362673/4/109584377.e8MTmsbX.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o6/73/362673/1/90215210.jVwGKoPT.bugfv2kq5.gif
> The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
> limits.
> - Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

janneman02 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,732
Pentax leads the way

Roland Karlsson wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

A"little bird" said that the upcoming dslr will be a very big and significant upgrade over the K5ii and will be the best aps-c camera in the market. The "little bird" was singing a happy song.

I have absolutely no need of a "very big" camera. The competition makes their cameras smaller.Very big cameras are only needed for super teles.

Good hopes for you, it was a "little bird"not a "big bird". And indeed the competition is going for smaller... Now isn't that interesting? People have always said about Pentax "too little, too late" and "pentax is a follower, not a leader" "pentax has no good ideas" but Pentax actually was a trendsetter, a "first". And still have the most capable small  cameras. No doubt C and N will follow soon. They may even go for sealing some of the cheaper cameras but as that may  prevent peopel form upgrading I am not sure that will happen soon.

-- hide signature --

http://i.pbase.com/t1/73/362673/4/109584377.e8MTmsbX.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o6/73/362673/1/90215210.jVwGKoPT.bugfv2kq5.gif
> The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
> limits.
> - Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 24,542
Re: Pentax leads the way

janneman02 wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

A"little bird" said that the upcoming dslr will be a very big and significant upgrade over the K5ii and will be the best aps-c camera in the market. The "little bird" was singing a happy song.

I have absolutely no need of a "very big" camera. The competition makes their cameras smaller.Very big cameras are only needed for super teles.

Good hopes for you, it was a "little bird"not a "big bird". And indeed the competition is going for smaller... Now isn't that interesting? People have always said about Pentax "too little, too late" and "pentax is a follower, not a leader" "pentax has no good ideas" but Pentax actually was a trendsetter, a "first". And still have the most capable small cameras. No doubt C and N will follow soon. They may even go for sealing some of the cheaper cameras but as that may prevent peopel form upgrading I am not sure that will happen soon.

he he

And I see now that my reply was not correct. I did misread the post. It was not a "very big" camera, it was a "very big and significant upgrade". Not really the same thing. Sorry DLBlack.

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +12 more
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 24,542
Re: speclation

janneman02 wrote:

Roland Karlsson wrote:

janneman02 wrote:

johnami wrote:

Funny how we like to drool about things we know nothing about. Yep we know near to nothing about the next product launch from RiPentax....................But speculation!!

With all these speculations one thing is certain, whatever comes will fuel more specuation.

Speculation, speclation or specuation ... please make up your mind

Not yet on my daily coffee intake, sorry....

N.p.

I just showed that I cannot read some few posts above. So, that you cannot write, I should probably just ... yeah ... now we take something else.

 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +12 more
KL Matt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,766
Re: Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

Hi Dave,

That is compatible with what asahiman said after the "big" announcement in September turned out to be not at all what he had expected to be announced.

I mean, something has to be coming sooner or later. Ricoh shows signs of potentially understanding that getting something new out on the market before the x-mas shopping season is over may actually help their their sales, unlike Hoya who thought it a great idea to launch the k20d in January...

Most Pentax DSLRs have been announced in September. I doubt another year will go by before the replacement is announced, I think there will clearly be a new camera out by the end of the year. And if you're announcing a cam by the end of the year, it's best to get it out in time for x-mas. They're not going to announce anything in December.

Matt

DLBlack wrote:

Ricoh rep was in the local camera store. He was excited about the new high-end aps-c camera that is going to be announced in early Oct.

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

ET2 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,933
Re: sooner or later
1

janneman02 wrote:

Gary Martin wrote:Pentax/Ricoh needs to make a strong case for APS-C in the next generation, with the latest Micro4/3 sensors getting closer to the last generation of APS-C imagers.

Interesting idea, if the lastest M4/3 get close to the APS-C, the upcoming APS-c can very well be closer to FF than many would have thought possible, probably with exception form the latest FF cameras and the narrow DOF, but that might very well be handled with a software solution.

The sensor size difference between 4/3 and apsc isn't the same as between FF and APSC

APSC sensor has 64% more surface area than 4/3

FF sensor has 133% more surface area than APSC

What that means is that given the same technology, the difference between FF and APSC should be much larger than the difference between 4/3 and APSC.

JL Salvignol
JL Salvignol Senior Member • Posts: 1,416
M4/3 Vs FF

What is funny is that the difference between M4/3 and FF seems to be irrelevant to the apologists of M4/3. Perhaps it is too big to be significant?

-- hide signature --

JLS

 JL Salvignol's gear list:JL Salvignol's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon Coolpix A Nikon 1 V1 Pentax K-01 Nikon 1 S1 +15 more
petreluk Contributing Member • Posts: 555
Re: Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

Voff wrote:

Moving sensor perhaps and stacking in software?

That is one's first thought. OTOH, I wonder if a similar result can be achieved by taking three shots without a moving sensor. Then you move two of the shots by 1 pixel in software, then average all three shots while imposing some kind of pixel-sized sharpening grid. It's essentially an optical illusion, I suppose, increasing resolution (and file size) while retaining sharpness and detail - but if the end result looks dramatically better ... Or does this make no sense at all?

 petreluk's gear list:petreluk's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 11,891
Re: sooner or later

I don't know or can't say anything about the actual size of the camera.  I just just mean that there is going to be a change in the body and features that is going to make is more high-end that the K5ii and for a reasonable price for the features.  Or at least this is what the "little bird" has been signing to me.

 DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +31 more
Mike Arledge Regular Member • Posts: 441
Re: Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

DLBlack wrote:

No beer from the drinking fountains. Just Murphy Camera in Louisville, Kentucky. For the past 6 months or so the Rep has been coming by every few months. At one time he had Pentax on his bussiness card. Now it has Ricoh on it. Still it seems Pentax under Ricoh is getting the Reps out to local camera stores better than Pentax under Hoya.

I will have to visit Murphy's again it seems.  Which store was it, the eastside one for the main branch?

 Mike Arledge's gear list:Mike Arledge's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica X Vario Fujifilm X100T Canon PowerShot G5 X Pentax K-S2 +2 more
Voff Veteran Member • Posts: 3,429
Re: sooner or later

paulkienitz wrote:

That actually would not be surprising. C and N appear to be shying away from making any more crop-sensor cameras above the amateur-enthusiast level, and this leaves an opening for Pentax to make a camera that's clearly and blatantly superior within the crop-sensor niche.

It may be because their top APS cameras sells so well they see no use for premature replacements. Incidentall. there are rumors about a D400 and a canon 7D replacement soon...

janneman02 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,732
uh oh

DLBlack wrote:

I don't know or can't say anything about the actual size of the camera. I just just mean that there is going to be a change in the body and features that is going to make is more high-end that the K5ii and for a reasonable price for the features. Or at least this is what the "little bird" has been signing to me.

Aaargh, a change in body. That is "cameramanufacturerlingo" for "yes you have to buy new spare batteries as you only get one with the camera".

-- hide signature --

http://i.pbase.com/t1/73/362673/4/109584377.e8MTmsbX.jpg
http://i.pbase.com/o6/73/362673/1/90215210.jVwGKoPT.bugfv2kq5.gif
> The difference between genius and LBA is that genius has its
> limits.
> - Janneman ( adaptation of the Kings quote from Albert Einstein)

drummercam Contributing Member • Posts: 772
Re: uh oh

The common and robust battery of K-7, K-5, and K-01 has been very useful.  I would hate to see it go.

 drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax K-S2 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
NesutoNeko Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: sooner or later
2

I'd personally love to see the body go in the direction of the Oly OM-D E-M1. That is a good looking camera. Except the articulating LCD, don't like em'

audiobomber
audiobomber Veteran Member • Posts: 5,297
Re: Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...
1

You've spent over $5000, and you don't have a kit that would meet my needs, i.e. no fisheye, macro or long tele lens. In a few years you'll want to update the body and you'll be shopping in the $2500+ range, where I will probably spend $1000 for a fully featured APS-C.

Yes, your kit is great, but it costs considerably more than a Pentax kit, so it should be great. APS-C is the sweet spot for me, in size, price and crop factor.

-- hide signature --

Dan

 audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +17 more
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 11,891
Re: Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...

I do sto by the Bardstown Road Murphy Camera every week or so.  It is their main store.  They don't carry Pentax dslr cameras yet.  The Pentax Rep, " K-mount K', is trying to convince them to carry :Pentax dslr cameras again.  They do carry the Ricoh GXR, Pentax MX1, and the waterproof Pentax.

Still it is nice to see a Pentax Rep and he was happy and excited and working to get products into a local camera store.  Hopefully someday I will be able to buy a Pentax dslr at my local camera store.

 DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +31 more
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 11,891
Re: sooner or later

Rumors I heard is manybe a D400 late this year and the 7D maybe sometme next year.

 DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +31 more
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,029
Dale

DLBlack wrote:

I do sto by the Bardstown Road Murphy Camera every week or so.  It is their main store.  They don't carry Pentax dslr cameras yet.  The Pentax Rep, " K-mount K', is trying to convince them to carry :Pentax dslr cameras again.  They do carry the Ricoh GXR, Pentax MX1, and the waterproof Pentax.

Still it is nice to see a Pentax Rep and he was happy and excited and working to get products into a local camera store.  Hopefully someday I will be able to buy a Pentax dslr at my local camera store.

Hope that they will for you, it's always better to try a lens or camera before buying it, and it would be good for Pentax also to have more presence in stores !

There is a big store here in Montreal and they have more Pentax gear in store now than when i bought my K20D there in 2008, it's good news, they have the K series with some lenses, the Q cameras and they also had the K-01 when it was available. The Pentax cameras are just beside the Leica .... maybe they know that Pentax cameras are Japenese Leica

 leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 5,488
Re: uh oh

janneman02 wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

I don't know or can't say anything about the actual size of the camera. I just just mean that there is going to be a change in the body and features that is going to make is more high-end that the K5ii and for a reasonable price for the features. Or at least this is what the "little bird" has been signing to me.

Aaargh, a change in body. That is "cameramanufacturerlingo" for "yes you have to buy new spare batteries as you only get one with the camera".

They can change the body and keep the same battery.

Alex

 Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited HD Pentax DA AF 1.4X AW Rear Converter +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads