WG-2 goes to Great Barrier Reef

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 788Gear list
Like?
WG-2 goes to Great Barrier Reef
10 months ago

Hi Team,

Just finished the arduous task of uploading from my remote work site to the gallery.

This is just an idea of what the WG2 can do. Its never going to win any Landscape awards, but it's a handy enough snapper, especially the more you zoom or go macro.

Here its on our catamaran out to the Low Isles off the coast of Port Douglas in North Queensland in Australia, (where I attended a wedding recently). the latter shots were whilst snokelling and yes, we swam with sharks and giant turtles. Just a wee bit of contrast work was needed in PP.

The WG series are brilliant for underwater fun, families on holiday at the beach, education purposes and the microscope function is a must for scientific people and coin or stamp collectors.

A versatile little machine, where I used my partners Samsung for some other shots when not using my Kx, I felt the Samsung was still prone to soft corners, distortion and CA's.

Heading out on catamaran looking back at Port Douglas

On the boat, sharp enough snap shots

Low Isles island beach

Coral reef activity

Giant sea turtle

Lemon or reef sharks with some of the bait ball fish in the foreground

More coral reef action

The grainy underwater shots was due to sand and particles in the water, not the cam. The bottom shot, shows how good it can get in clear water.

Just a little taste of what these things can do in reasonable conditions. I'm not saying they're wonderful IQ, just very versatile allrounders.

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads