D600 Vs D610

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions
diverroy
Contributing MemberPosts: 727
Like?
D600 Vs D610
Sep 17, 2013

Do you think that the D610 is the camera that the D600 was supposed to be.

May be they had problems that they couldn't fix but wanted to get a camera out so the D600 got released.

Now they have had the time they can release the camera but have to call it the D600

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,471Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 Vs D610
In reply to diverroy, Sep 17, 2013

diverroy wrote:

I do, but I don't know why I think that way.

May be they had problems that they couldn't fix but wanted to get a camera out so the D600 got released.

That's a possibility, but it could be false.

Now they have had the time they can release the camera but have to call it the D600

A lot of time, indeed.

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,886Gear list
Like?
it is just a D600

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

With the 1/8000 restriction removed in firmware and the fractionally higher sync speed.

B-)
--
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,225Gear list
Like?
Any guesses on how many D600 components get repurposed into the D610 ?

diverroy wrote:

I strongly AGREE with you there. There is no reasonable argument that can convince me that Nikon was NOT fully aware of the issues long before they began delivering to the distributors. In fact I recognize now the tell tale signals surrounding the release of the D600. Nikon won't be able to repeat that kind of shell game using the same tactics.

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

This is going to be a clean break from the D600, but if I were as betting man I would put all my money on odds that Nikon will recycle as many parts from the D600 as they can. After all, if they change the chasis they would have to issue a new accessory grip as well which would create an outburst. In fact, I think the only thing that will change physically will be the "D610" license plate that they glue on.

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Alan Brown
Like?
+1 nt
In reply to Prairie Pal, Sep 17, 2013
-- hide signature --

Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D610 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,757
Like?
The D70 with "Green Light of Death"!
In reply to diverroy, Sep 18, 2013

diverroy wrote:

-- hide signature --

Diverroy

locked up your camera for good.  Nikon released the D70S with minimal changes to make users forget the problem.  Same will be with the D610......

leicaman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,615
Like?
Why would anyone.....
In reply to Prairie Pal, Sep 18, 2013

Continue to do business with such a company ?

burn me once shame on you... Burn me twice shame on me.

Daniel Clune
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,442Gear list
Like?
Whats a D610 ?

Did I miss an announcement? Are you actually going to try and compare a rumored camera against an actual camera? Pretty sure you have to at least know the actual specs of a camera before you can compare the two. Last I checked Nikon rumors really didn't have much solid specs nailed down as of yet.

to the person who says they wont go to nikon again, Oh and its not like a camera company say Canon hasn't screwed over customers with the fiasco of the 1dmk3 camera. So better not go there either.

-- hide signature --
 Daniel Clune's gear list:Daniel Clune's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Epson Stylus Photo R1900
digitalman4242
Senior MemberPosts: 1,480
Like?
Re: Whats a D610 ?
In reply to Daniel Clune, Sep 18, 2013

Daniel Clune wrote:

Did I miss an announcement? Are you actually going to try and compare a rumored camera against an actual camera? Pretty sure you have to at least know the actual specs of a camera before you can compare the two. Last I checked Nikon rumors really didn't have much solid specs nailed down as of yet.

to the person who says they wont go to nikon again, Oh and its not like a camera company say Canon hasn't screwed over customers with the fiasco of the 1dmk3 camera. So better not go there either.

-- hide signature --

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Bailey151
Senior MemberPosts: 1,109
Like?
In reply to digitalman4242, Sep 18, 2013

digitalman4242 wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

-- hide signature --

Same here...........how in the hell can a fictional camera be better than one that actually exists?

Steve Bingham
Forum ProPosts: 20,665Gear list
Like?
In reply to Bailey151, Sep 18, 2013

Bailey151 wrote:

digitalman4242 wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

-- hide signature --

Same here...........how in the hell can a fictional camera be better than one that actually exists?

On this forum all things are possible.

-- hide signature --

Steve Bingham
www.dustylens.com
www.ghost-town-photography.com

Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon D610 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +21 more
1w12q312qw1
Contributing MemberPosts: 732
Like?
Re: Whats a D810 ?

Bailey151 wrote:

digitalman4242 wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

-- hide signature --

I just spoke with a salesman from one of the biggest camera stores and he said the D810 will be announced three months after the D610 announcement. I wonder what features will be improved upon?

Stan

Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,384
Like?
Re: The D70 with "Green Light of Death"!
In reply to Petruska, Sep 18, 2013

Petruska wrote:

locked up your camera for good. Nikon released the D70S with minimal changes to make users forget the problem. Same will be with the D610......

My D70 still works perfectly, honestly is the first time I hear of a GLoD!

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

aarif
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,839Gear list
Like?
much more than that

From what I've heard D610 is going to be much more than just a dust/oil free sensor

1- new AF system (same as D7100)

2- tweaked sensor (½ to 1 stop better ISO)

3- bigger buffer

4- 6.5 fps raw 28 shots jpg 65

and 1 more thing I can't recall right now

aarif's gear list:aarif's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D3S Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D600 +1 more
joao salvador
Contributing MemberPosts: 890
Like?
Re: much more than that
In reply to aarif, Sep 18, 2013

Please add "remove AA filter" and "increase flash sinc speed to 1/250 or 1/320 and I will seriously consider selling my D700 and buy one.

Regards

Joao

aarif wrote:

From what I've heard D610 is going to be much more than just a dust/oil free sensor

3- bigger buffer

Alan Brown
Like?
Re: Why would anyone..... with such a beef
In reply to leicaman, Sep 18, 2013

leicaman wrote:

Continue to do business with such a company ?

burn me once shame on you... Burn me twice shame on me.

with Nikon as a company, waste so much of their time and energy continually whining here?

You say you are not going to be 'burned' again.. why stick around, unless you are trolling?

Are you going to Canon (other?) for your next DSLr?

Wish you well with whatever you decide (excepting Nikon)

-- hide signature --

Shaun_Nyc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,272Gear list
Like?

Bailey151 wrote:

digitalman4242 wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

-- hide signature --

Oh there is camera out there replacing the D600, it does exist. Whether it’s a D610 or D600s I couldn’t say. If it just puts the internal dust issue to bed and nothing else it will be better.

Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Alan Brown
Like?
The D600 paradox.. what price for cleaning the sensor?
In reply to Shaun_Nyc, Sep 18, 2013

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

Bailey151 wrote:

digitalman4242 wrote:

Daniel Clune wrote:

-- hide signature --

Oh there is camera out there replacing the D600, it does exist. Whether it’s a D610 or D600s I couldn’t say. If it just puts the internal dust issue to bed and nothing else it will be better.

Whilst the frenzy was going on last week bemoaning the disgraceful company called Nikon and their treatment of their customers/owners of the D600.. there was another thread asking what price would someone pay for a D600 and 'put up' with the potential problems?

Seems it is not the worst camera ever made after all and some folks will forgive the camera for some potential/occasional cleaning if the price is right. What happened to 'I refuse to keep cleaning a camera.. it never happened on my last camera, ever'

It's readily acknowledged that the sensor is near the top of the tree in IQ terms and as many have said in the thread.. one of the best cameras out there.

Curious...

-- hide signature --

aarif
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,839Gear list
Like?
Re: much more than that
In reply to joao salvador, Sep 18, 2013

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with only these upgrades.

I do have a D600 which I use mostly as a backup when I don't want to carry the D3s around. I always hoped for a full pro-body without any compromises but packed in a smaller body with grip being optional but I'm probably in a minority cause neither Nikon or Canon are doing it

aarif's gear list:aarif's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D3S Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D600 +1 more
ne beginner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,009Gear list
Like?
You just did!
In reply to joao salvador, Sep 18, 2013

joao salvador wrote:

Please add "remove AA filter" and "increase flash sinc speed to 1/250 or 1/320 and I will seriously consider selling my D700 and buy one.

That's what rumors are made of: wishes and hopes.  In short order someone somewhere, maybe even in a post on this very site, will repeat your wishes in same way aarif did:  "I heard somewhere...".

Regards

Joao

aarif wrote:

3- bigger buffer

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads