Any FZ70/72 vs FZ200 comparative samples?

Started Sep 17, 2013 | Discussions
Condor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
Any FZ70/72 vs FZ200 comparative samples?
Sep 17, 2013

Owning an SX30, 2 FZ200 and 2 FZ47, I would like to see handheld full zoom distant wildlife subjects comparative samples.

Any yet.....

Thanks in advance,

Ed

JoePhoto
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,084
Like?
Re: Any FZ70/72 vs FZ200 comparative samples?
In reply to Condor, Sep 17, 2013

I am also interested in comparative samples.

The FZ-70 is supposed to have a "new" sensor, which implies that it is "better", (higher IQ).

I appreciate the fact it is 16mpx, but that can also mean more noise, so there are "questions" until resolved.

I will miss the non-tilting LCD, but IF they make a FlipBac for FZ-70, that may be sufficient, (but will still miss the higher-quality EV).

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto
( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 4,108Gear list
Like?
In reply to JoePhoto, Sep 17, 2013

Here is a link to a snugmug site, posted by Rolla Gravette who does camera reviews on Amazon. It is a bit restrictive in that it only shows one picture from the Canon SX50, FZ200, FZ70 and a Sony Nex camera. He has posted other shots comparing the first 3 cameras, but I have lost the link. You may be able to find it from this one. http://kgravett.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Shootout-Plant-Holder

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
cainn24
Senior MemberPosts: 2,042
Like?
In reply to Condor, Sep 17, 2013

In addition to comparing both cameras at base ISO (to simulate the photography of static subjects, or slow moving subjects basking in an excess of light) you'll also want to compare the FZ200@100 ISO to the FZ70@400 ISO to get an idea of the IQ differences you'll see in a greater range of shooting conditions.

To put it another way, any minor IQ differences at base ISO are bound to be near insignificant compared to the difference between a shot made at ISO 100 and one made at ISO 400.

Comparisons between the FZ200 and other superzooms don't make sense otherwise (unless you don't care about the benefits of a fast lens, but then why even consider a camera that sacrifices reach for speed?).

As an addendum, I've come to adore the way the FZ200 can throw a background so completely out of focus thereby further accentuating the crispness of a subject.  I think it's beautiful, and while this beauty might not strictly translate into superior IQ in any objective sense, it is nonetheless another example of how big of a part the lens can play in the equation.

allenns
Contributing MemberPosts: 681Gear list
Like?
In reply to cainn24, Sep 17, 2013

I don't have the other two cameras only the FZ72 but took this one quickly in the garden:

Quick bird shot in back garden in UK.

allenns's gear list:allenns's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Condor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
In reply to Rodger1943, Sep 19, 2013

Rodger1943 wrote:

Here is a link to a snugmug site, posted by Rolla Gravette who does camera reviews on Amazon. It is a bit restrictive in that it only shows one picture from the Canon SX50, FZ200, FZ70 and a Sony Nex camera. He has posted other shots comparing the first 3 cameras, but I have lost the link. You may be able to find it from this one. http://kgravett.smugmug.com/Other/Camera-Shootout-Plant-Holder

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Based on link's samples, SX50 offers more details.

And FZ70 doesn't seem to offer more than FZ200.

Is that true?

Ed

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads