The Land of Mass Shooting has made more victims.

Started Sep 16, 2013 | Discussions
lanefAU
Senior MemberPosts: 4,260Gear list
Like?
The Land of Mass Shooting has made more victims.
Sep 16, 2013

At least four people have been killed in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a naval installation in the US capital, a Navy official has said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24111481

lanefAU's gear list:lanefAU's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Brian
Forum ProPosts: 11,288
Like?
Re: The Land of Mass Shooting has made more victims.
In reply to lanefAU, Sep 16, 2013

lanefAU wrote:

At least four people have been killed in a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard, a naval installation in the US capital, a Navy official has said.

Wow.  in the U.S. on any given day there is an average of 27 gun related deaths (omitting suicide).

you want me to get worked up over 4?  the truth is that gun fatalities are dropping in the U.S. on average.

Sorry.  this story really deserves no more attention than the other 20+ deaths that will happen today due to guns.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
lanefAU
Like?
In reply to Brian, Sep 16, 2013

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Wow. in the U.S. on any given day there is an average of 27 gun related deaths (omitting suicide).

you want me to get worked up over 4? the truth is that gun fatalities are dropping in the U.S. on average.

Sorry. this story really deserves no more attention than the other 20+ deaths that will happen today due to guns.

All statistics for you, I see. No attention? Really? The media outlets don't see it that way.

Canon PowerShot G1 X II Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +2 more
Frank PA
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Wow. in the U.S. on any given day there is an average of 27 gun related deaths (omitting suicide).

you want me to get worked up over 4? the truth is that gun fatalities are dropping in the U.S. on average.

Sorry. this story really deserves no more attention than the other 20+ deaths that will happen today due to guns.

-- hide signature --

Brian

It doesn't bother you, huh Bud? Just business as usual. I wonder if it was your loved one who was harmed or killed by a semi-automatic weapon, would that get your attention?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Frank PA's gear list:Frank PA's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 6,054Gear list
Like?

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

Would it matter if 20 US troops were shot in Afghanistan instead?

11 US soldiers were killed every day in Vietnam.

How come that is enough for the US population to apply pressure to end deployments and shy away from finishing what they started, but 9,000 gun homicides a year is not enough to apply pressure to end gun ownership? (That does no include accidental shootings and suicides).

BTW, it's not falling any more.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1
Henry Schobin
Forum ProPosts: 12,780Gear list
Like?
4 people is not a mass shooting.

4 people dead is not a mass shooting. We have higher standards than that.

-- hide signature --

Rethink your last comment.

Henry Schobin
Like?

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Out of 311,591,917 (2011) people, 27 ain't bad.

USA bashers want you to be as nuts as they are.

1. A gun without ammo is just a hammer.

2. A loaded gun without someone to pull the trigger is just a paper weight.

-- hide signature --

Brian

-- hide signature --

Brian
Like?
In reply to Frank PA, Sep 16, 2013

Frank PA wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

It doesn't bother you, huh Bud? Just business as usual. I wonder if it was your loved one who was harmed or killed by a semi-automatic weapon, would that get your attention?

-- hide signature --

All the best,
Frank

Why should it bother me any more than any other killing.  They are all regrettable.

-- hide signature --

Brian

Henry Schobin
Like?
In reply to 57even, Sep 16, 2013

57even wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

How come that is enough for the US population to apply pressure to end deployments and shy away from finishing what they started, but 9,000 gun homicides a year is not enough to apply pressure to end gun ownership? (That does no include accidental shootings and suicides).

You aren't a US citizen, so I don't expect you to understand. So butt out Owning firearms is our constitutional right. You don't like it?  Too bad!!

-- hide signature --

lanefAU
Like?
In reply to Henry Schobin, Sep 16, 2013

Henry Schobin wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

You have too many nuts over there, the more reason to give them chop sticks instead.

Would you distribute guns to people in an mental institution?

Henry Schobin
Like?
In reply to Frank PA, Sep 16, 2013

Frank PA wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

That would get world wide attention - a semi-automatic weapon, ALL ON "IT'S" OWN, when out and killed loved ones.......now THAT would be a story. I mean the side stories, like how it loaded a magazine and inserted it into "it's" self, how it got it's hands on the ammo, etc., would be interesting reading.

Does a gun have to pass a background check in order to buy it's self?  Where does a gun get money?  How does a gun travel?  How does a gun know what it's aiming at?  How does a gun keep it's balance when aiming high enough to fire a fatal shot? .....or would it only shoot people that are laying on the ground?  Ground sleeping campers would seem to be at high risk.............OH MY GOD think of the all the beach goers on any given summers day!!!!!  Oh the humanity!!!!!

-- hide signature --

Henry Schobin
Like?

lanefAU wrote:

Henry Schobin wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

You have too many nuts over there, the more reason to give them chop sticks instead.

Eating nuts with chop sticks is too hard.

You mean Australia?

-- hide signature --

tkbslc
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,380Gear list
Like?

Nice inflammatory title.  Not really interested in participating (further) in a troll thread.

Henry Schobin
Like?

lanefAU wrote:

Henry Schobin wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

Squirt guns maybe, sure, why not?

-- hide signature --

Brian
Like?
In reply to 57even, Sep 16, 2013

57even wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

Deaths due to war in foreign lands rarely sets well with the U.S. population especially when there is no end plan.... such as in vietnam.  or no clear objective such as Afghanistan.

as for those 9000 homicides... a vast majority or criminal on criminal.

In the end, it is proven pretty clearly that it isn't the guns that is the issue, it is guns in the wrong hands that is the issue.    Have the trigger finger of anyone possessing an illegal firearm removed.  If caught with a fire arm again, have the nuts removed (lowers the testosterone and the propensity to act stupidly).

-- hide signature --

Brian

Allochka Emiliana
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107
Like?

lanefAU wrote:

You have no shame at all to take cheap shots without even thinking the families who lost their loved ones.

mamallama
Forum ProPosts: 32,506Gear list
Like?

Brian wrote:

57even wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

-- hide signature --

Brian

Deaths due to war in foreign lands rarely sets well with the U.S. population especially when there is no end plan.... such as in vietnam. or no clear objective such as Afghanistan.

as for those 9000 homicides... a vast majority or criminal on criminal.

In the end, it is proven pretty clearly that it isn't the guns that is the issue, it is guns in the wrong hands that is the issue. Have the trigger finger of anyone possessing an illegal firearm removed. If caught with a fire arm again, have the nuts removed (lowers the testosterone and the propensity to act stupidly).

Guns may not be the issue, but it definitely is an issue.

sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?

lanefAU wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

All statistics for you, I see. No attention? Really? The media outlets don't see it that way.

What do you want him to do, jump on your "I hate the US' bandwagon and whine about it like a little girl?

Wheatfield
Senior MemberPosts: 6,297
Like?

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

you want me to get worked up over 4? the truth is that gun

You sure got worked up over those 4 in Benghazi

fatalities are dropping in the U.S. on average.

-- hide signature --

Brian

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
In reply to Wheatfield, Sep 16, 2013

Wheatfield wrote:

Brian wrote:

lanefAU wrote:

you want me to get worked up over 4? the truth is that gun

You sure got worked up over those 4 in Benghazi

fatalities are dropping in the U.S. on average.

-- hide signature --

Brian

-- hide signature --

Always remember, whenever you declare someone the dumbest person on Earth, someone else will stare at their screen intently, cross their arms and say ‘Challenge accepted’.

To bad our dear leader didn't.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads